Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Friends, I am once again overjoyed and privileged to announce The Weekend.

https://i.imgur.com/yopgYy2.mp4

It's been a real bummer of a week and having a health scare put me in a sour mood all week. Tonight has a forecast of snow for the first time in a fuckin' month and of course it has to happen when I'm looking forward to a nice grilled steak :argh:
Gonna likely postpone steak to tomorrow and throw a pizza together tonight instead and take in some fun movies. Tomorrow I'm gonna see about visiting another brewery to check out their selections and do a walk about town.
Sunday's D&D got canceled so we'll make it extra lazy and do something like an eggs & sausage breakfast in PJs. :)

What plans await you for your weekends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Video Nasty posted:

Friends, I am once again overjoyed and privileged to announce The Weekend.

https://i.imgur.com/yopgYy2.mp4

It's been a real bummer of a week and having a health scare put me in a sour mood all week. Tonight has a forecast of snow for the first time in a fuckin' month and of course it has to happen when I'm looking forward to a nice grilled steak :argh:
Gonna likely postpone steak to tomorrow and throw a pizza together tonight instead and take in some fun movies. Tomorrow I'm gonna see about visiting another brewery to check out their selections and do a walk about town.
Sunday's D&D got canceled so we'll make it extra lazy and do something like an eggs & sausage breakfast in PJs. :)

What plans await you for your weekends?

glad to see the helgtråd on time and hoping the news ends up not being too bad.

tomorrow i'll prolly walk to the grocery and dispensary then i know so wants to watch blade runners

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

weekend!!

mostly sitting around and lying in bed healing, unfortunately. not much pain or anything but i gotta be careful. maybe a short walk tomorrow or Sunday

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
going to see China Crisis tomorrow!

uh idk about the rest

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
finished season 3 of atlanta this week. watched season 2 as it aired so maybe it's just the time gap making me forget some of the poo poo i loved, but this is the best season yet imho

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hell yeah weekend! get well soon ciaphas

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
today is the biggest outdoor festival in chch for the year and ive got tomorrow off work so i can go
all out

the weather is gonna fry me. chemical brothers closing the evening it’s gonna be sick tho.

gonna try n ignore the fact i’m quite unorganised for the wedding next month :cry:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i am ready to snart and helg

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

today is the biggest outdoor festival in chch for the year and ive got tomorrow off work so i can go
all out

the weather is gonna fry me. chemical brothers closing the evening it’s gonna be sick tho.

gonna try n ignore the fact i’m quite unorganised for the wedding next month :cry:

dont forget sunscreen op

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

echinopsis posted:

all out

heck yeah m8! they are a phenomenal act to catch live, hope it's a blast :)

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

it's 4:00 PM central time on a Friday, time to get down and jam with the latest weekend thread video from video nasty :getin:

tonight I'm going to a friend's food truck popup at a wine bar and pretend to be young and hip

I still need to get tickets but tomorrow Ira Glass is in town so I was thinking I'd go see him along with all the other 40something NPR-enjoyers in town, and concede that I am no longer young

sunday I'll have to catch up on some research, conceding that I never was hip

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

gonna get as much helldivers 2 in with the homies as I can this weekend. game absolutely fucks

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

hell yeah, weekend thread

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

helgin a bit late because i got distracted making an overly specific meme

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

dont forget sunscreen op

poo poo no

thanks to the glorious ozone layer, our sun tends to be literal nuclear weapon lol. burn time of 12 mins on a clear day

the weather today tho has changed significantly since the earlier forcasts and is spitting now and cloudy. tbh I am pleased

Video Nasty posted:

nice, im glad to hear

the younger people at work who are going havent even heard of them lol and im like they're one of the biggest edm acts ever I am sure they know how to do a gig

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah i’ve never seen them live but it sounds rad hope u have a good time

don’t drink the entire 12 pack or whatever

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

throwing caution to the wind and setting up a small wind barrier for my tiny charcoal grill because I earned this steak, dammit :mad:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Video Nasty posted:

throwing caution to the wind and setting up a small wind barrier for my tiny charcoal grill because I earned this steak, dammit :mad:

hell yeah

snart steak

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the weekend!

i was mostly hoping that my 14700k would come in today so that i could get things all set up over the weekend, but now that it's delayed until next wednesday i will be slightly grumpy and minorly annoyed while i play video games

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

yeah i’ve never seen them live but it sounds rad hope u have a good time

don’t drink the entire 12 pack or whatever

yeah thanks. finally ready to leave lol

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

steaks came out great and now rewatching movies maybe popcorn later :yum:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I'm blendering

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm blendering

will it blend?!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

echinopsis posted:

yeah thanks. finally ready to leave lol

envious you get to hear hey boy hey girl on a giant fuckoff rig

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

saw tenet on a 70mm print at afi tonight. looked gorgeous but the sound mix is still trash so it's not my home system being bad. i'm going to have to just watch it a third time with subtitles on.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

envious you get to hear hey boy hey girl on a giant fuckoff rig

mate

it was sick

that rig

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

mate

it was sick

that rig

boss

now go to bed

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://youtu.be/4zq2f6k-ELY?si=GBn6M40aT9TzaYee

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm awake! ready for coffee

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I've spent all morning nudging verts by minuscule amounts

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
went to bed at 6 am lol

but it’s sunday and NO WORK!!’ cos I usually do

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Turns out the new brewery I wanted to try was one we had been to before but finally finished their renovations and it was a swell time.
Going to check out a restaurant tonight that has multiple variations of poutine on the menu and I'm fuckin' stoked :)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

don't contract autopoutine syndrome!

have fun

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i just arrived at my first hotel in nicaragua for my honeymoon :cool:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

Congrats dude! I haven't been to Nicaragua but I've heard poo poo's popping off down there so I hope you have a great time.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Truman Peyote posted:

sick. stop posting and enjoy the time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Video Nasty posted:

absolutely world class. two orders of magnitude beyond any other edm act I’d seen before

and the sound system was incredible

the only thing that wasn’t great is fuckin drunk meatheads on mdma. gently caress they are obnoxious

and one of those dudes (directly in front of me, clapping away) was trying to take a phone call in the middle of the pit during the middle of the chemical brothers set. which I don’t need to tell you was very loud. I can’t imagine how brain dead you’d need to be to make a phone call at that time

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
glad u had a good time at Chemical Brothers. saw them in October and it was so good

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Truman Peyote posted:

Video Nasty posted:

Congrats dude!

Kenny Logins posted:

sick. stop posting and enjoy the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine