Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ryan bader is how i know santa claus is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

quote:

FEATHERWEIGHT: Muhammad Naimov (10-2) vs Erik Silva (9-2)

And here, at last, we have our weirdly booked fight for the night. Muhammad "Hillman" Naimov lost on the Contender Series back in 2020, but that didn't stop him from getting the call up as a short-notice replacement in 2023 and absolutely loving flattening Jamie Mullarkey in two rounds. To be clear: That's pretty hard to do. You have to be pretty goddamn good at punching to hurt Jamie Mullarkey, let alone drop him on his face. Naimov followed it up last October by demonstrating the rest of his skillset, both outpunching and repeatedly outwrestling Nathaniel Wood en route to a 29-28 decision. On one hand: Good performance! On the other hand: He flagged real bad in the third round and got beat up pretty badly for it. On the third, secret, robot hand: He cheated to extents that would make Eddie Guerrero blush, got away with three or four groin strikes without losing a point, and clung to the fence and Wood's gloves like a newborn koala. Erik Silva's story thus far is much more straightforward. He came up as the Featherweight champion of Lux Fight League in Mexico, he committed legal murder on the Contender Series to win his contract (over a guy who was 3-0, which, admittedly, was pretty weird), and then, in his big, hyped UFC debut, he laughed at "Downtown" TJ Brown's attempts to outgrapple and submit him right up until Brown, uh, successfully outgrappled and submitted him.

As a general rule, we here at the Punchsport Report do not condone the hilarious and totally cool crime of cheating. But at a certain level, I cannot help admiring dedication to craft. MUHAMMAD NAIMOV BY TKO after somehow sneaking brass knuckles into the cage in his shorts.

god lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when carl calls it he calls it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Brut posted:

Banana peel instead of brass knuckles, but otherwise yeah.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this has been one of the better espn+ cards of the year

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you can delay but you cannot stop the inevitable

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

cuz its not at the apex

its wild what a difference a crowd could make

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

like if you're gonna run a card where you try to coheadline with tyson pedro or something i'd rather you just run that poo poo in like hattiesburg or monaca or something if you're just gonna draw nobody

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CarlCX posted:

I look forward to Brian Ortega's contendership fight in 19 months after his next surgical recovery.

you put it out there not me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

overall this was a fun card, i enjoyed most of it and the matchups all made sense