Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I just had to renew the tabs on my car, and realized that for over 30 years, i've been purposely putting the little year sticker on upside down. Thought it was funny when i was like 16 and been doing it ever since.

i tap any package/shipment i wrap up at least twice, but i think thats kind of a basic dude thing

whenever i'm talking to someone and need to confirm, i always say "yeah" at least 2, maybe 3 times

what weird tics/habits do all yall other weirdos out there do on the regular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

:firstpost: Posting

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I say "that's fair" too much. I picked it up from someone I worked with.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I used to save all my nail clippings, but then I realized they probably weren't going to be the new Bitcoin.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Once i break up with someone they pretty much have to die

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I've been posting on the same internet forum since 2006.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Right shoe goes on before left shoe for as far as I can remember

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Being myself

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
work

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

every time my boss gets upset with me i fart. a lot.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Dixville posted:

I say "that's fair" too much. I picked it up from someone I worked with.

that's fair

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Checking for ninjas

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
i occasionally check my fly to make sure its zipped when i have no reason to expect it isnt and it's entirely because it was an intrusive though from reading about the scientist who did it in Contact. i'll go months or years at a time forgetting about it/to do it then it comes back. it just did come back again because of this thread. it's my version of losing The Game

naem
May 29, 2011

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I moan loudly every time I take a sip of any drink.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Whenever I need a drink of water in the middle of the night as soon as I gulp it down I loudly exclaim to myself "That's good poo poo" before putting the water down and going back to sleep

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

stay up too late, tired in the morning

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I make my bed every single day. This is more of a anal retentive behaviour than anything. More of a morning routine thing. There's no real need, I can be a slob, but goddamn if my bed isn't made every single morning.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

For some reason I make my bed on weekdays but not on weekends.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Internetjack posted:

I make my bed every single day. This is more of a anal retentive behaviour than anything. More of a morning routine thing. There's no real need, I can be a slob, but goddamn if my bed isn't made every single morning.

It's some weird conditioned behaviour but yeah it helps

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Tony quidprano posted:

Whenever I need a drink of water in the middle of the night as soon as I gulp it down I loudly exclaim to myself "That's good poo poo" before putting the water down and going back to sleep

this is normal. water is extremely good poo poo.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004

wash bucket posted:

I've been posting on the same internet forum since 2006.

What a noob.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I have to pee, brush my teeth, and blow my nose before I go to sleep. Even if I don’t have to realistically, it will bug me trying to go to sleep if I don’t. I don’t notice how habitual it is until I’m on something like a camping trip or am spontaneously sleeping over somewhere.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

only time i ever make the bed is after washing the sheets or cleaning the room in general. i cannot force myself to give a poo poo else

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Foxfire_ posted:

Right shoe goes on before left shoe for as far as I can remember

I feel this. Same with pant legs if in not sitting down and double legging

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

bossy lady posted:

I moan loudly every time I take a sip of any drink.

Definitely so the big "ahhhhhh" after a good drink, particularly if it's carbonated.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Once i break up with someone they pretty much have to die

Oh come on there's no way you're that embarrassing

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I squeegee water off my body with my hands after showering and before getting out so the towel doesn't get too wet

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bradzilla posted:

I squeegee water off my body with my hands after showering and before getting out so the towel doesn't get too wet

That's just smart. Few extra seconds in the shower really reduces the need to use the towel, and thus cycle through new towels.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
When I had a long beard, I used to get shocked constantly. I couldn't touch metal without getting zapped. So I got into the habit of, whenever I'm about to touch metal, I slap it. Because, really, the surprise of getting shocked is the worst part. If I slap it, the slap absorbs the surprise of the shock, I don't even feel it. But now, I have a clean face, I don't get shocked ever, but if I'm about to touch a doorknob or something I just have to smack it first.

Also, I hate sitting at circular tables. I only sit at square tables, and I have to arrange everything on it until everything is 90 degrees, or symmetrical, or something. I can't stand unordered chaos on a square table.

Also, squares on the sidewalk drive me nuts. It's not enough that I can't step on the cracks; I also can't step on the diagonals. I imagine that in every sidewalk square there is a diamond, and I also cannot step on the edges of the diamond, but also I cannot step directly in the middle.

I don't have OCD; the square table and the square sidewalk things are as bad as it gets. Maybe something involving squares traumatized me as a child.

credburn fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 24, 2024

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Whenever I use a lighter I always give it a little shake first, it is automatic

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

When going up stairs, I count to 10 (one number for each step I take), taking deep breaths in on odd numbers and deep breaths out on even numbers. Repeat until I get to the top of the stairs.

Also I always try to take as big a step as possible, gotta hustle up those stairs I guess.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I've got OCD, so you'd need to narrow it down first.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
I repeat the litany every day, "spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch", even though I don't wear a watch.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i poop too much, then i get tired

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
When I get a glass of water I toss the last little bit in the sink. I've mostly stopped after realizing that I was doing it and that it was kind of wasteful. But the urge is strong.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

nothing i do is arbitrary because every action has meaning and is being watched/judged by the lord god jesus in heaven

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Hackers film 1995 posted:

nothing i do is arbitrary because every action has meaning and is being watched/judged by the lord god jesus in heaven

didn't you hear that program wrapped up in 2013

you're freewheelin', baby

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

bradzilla posted:

I start at the top shaking out my hair, then just flick the water off going from top to bottom, then do the squeegee thing. Even just standing in the shower for a few minutes after the water's off will get rid of a lot of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

my grandma cared for a me a lot as a small kid since both my parents worked. She used to tell me a ye olde england folk tale that if you leave half an eggshell unbroken a witch will use it as a boat and cause trouble for fishermen out at sea, so I always had to make sure to smash up egg shells after cooking and i still do that now out of habit 30+ years later