Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

And maritime bewitchings are at an all time low, thank you and your grandma for taking the precaution

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I insist upon paper receipts with everything I purchase, which immediately get crumpled into my pocket to be forgotten forever

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

eSports Chaebol posted:

i occasionally check my fly to make sure its zipped when i have no reason to expect it isnt and it's entirely because it was an intrusive though from reading about the scientist who did it in Contact. i'll go months or years at a time forgetting about it/to do it then it comes back. it just did come back again because of this thread. it's my version of losing The Game

Same! Not because of Contact, but because I have a fear of having my fly open at work. I'll be in an empty hall and tap my zipper and wonder if the security cameras caught it.

Vampire Panties posted:

I insist upon paper receipts with everything I purchase, which immediately get crumpled into my pocket to be forgotten forever

It's the PRINCIPLE of the matter.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Eclipse12 posted:

Same! Not because of Contact, but because I have a fear of having my fly open at work. I'll be in an empty hall and tap my zipper and wonder if the security cameras caught it.

I sorta put my hands in my front pockets and spread em apart a little bit, if I'm unzipped there will be a little more give.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

kecske posted:

my grandma cared for a me a lot as a small kid since both my parents worked. She used to tell me a ye olde england folk tale that if you leave half an eggshell unbroken a witch will use it as a boat and cause trouble for fishermen out at sea, so I always had to make sure to smash up egg shells after cooking and i still do that now out of habit 30+ years later

That's the kinda stuff I'm talking about!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I unplug a lot of electrical devices when leaving my house. For fire hazard reasons.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

The moment I'm home I have to unpack my bag and unburden my pockets, hang stuff up, all that, before I do anything else. My bag will have at least five things that go into specific places, often in some other bag. Everything else can be in utter chaos, but those things absolutely must be put into their places or I'm not actually home yet.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Typically when going around a corner, work or home, I'll give the corner or beam a quick double slap. Dunno why.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
As soon as I get back from a trip I unpack. Unless I need to pee or something. But pretty much as soon as I walk in the door I unpack everything.

I make the bed every morning. Not because it is routine but because it's a good way to get your day going and it's nicer getting in a made bed at night then a mess.

If there are dishes in the sink before bed, I either wash them or put them in the dishwasher. It's no fun making food in the morning when the kitchen is already dirty.

For the most part, I think this is just stuff that grown ups do. Nothing weird about it. What is weird is being an adult and not doing these things.

Well, the unpacking thing is odd, I'll give you that. But the other stuff is just maturity.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

nothing i do is dumb, stupid or silly. i perform rather intelligent arbitrary poo poo you might say

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I'll say "ba-bye" when ending a phone call with someone. I never say that in any other circumstance in my life.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
When I’m at work- I manage a government fleet of cars, my office is in a large mechanic’s shop, so there are always cars and trucks everywhere - I find myself rapping once lightly with my knuckles on a fender or bed as I walk by. Like you would if you were checking for Bondo in a car you were interested in buying.

I don’t know why I do this, and worst of all, it’s catching, some of the mechanics do it too. Probably all those years of inhaling solvents.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
when i am stressed out i mumble "i'm going to kill myself" or "I'm going to loving kill myself" or "i'm going to hang myself from the tallest tree in town" normal stuff like that

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I announce "welp, time to make the donuts" when I go to take a poo poo.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

JnnyThndrs posted:

When I’m at work- I manage a government fleet of cars, my office is in a large mechanic’s shop, so there are always cars and trucks everywhere - I find myself rapping once lightly with my knuckles on a fender or bed as I walk by. Like you would if you were checking for Bondo in a car you were interested in buying.

I don’t know why I do this, and worst of all, it’s catching, some of the mechanics do it too. Probably all those years of inhaling solvents.

When I worked in a metal/mechanic shop I would do the same thing to the trucks. Even found myself doing it to the forklifts. Which had solid tires.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
a cleanly snipped or notably satisfying poo poo always gets a cheerful "hail mary"

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I always rinsed out beer cans before tossing them in the recycling. Well my city discontinued it's recycling service but here I am still rinsing out my beer cans before I toss them in the trash. For some reason.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I rinse out my glass of water three times when filling it from the tap. Yes, it’s already a clean glass. I think it comes from having a weird fear of the water being stagnant in the pipes, and therefore potentially bad somehow. No, it doesn’t make sense. I’ve been doing this since I was a kid.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
As a kid, my older sister told me the tails on goldfish crackers were poisonous. I don't remember if I genuinely believed it or it was just a fun game, but for my entire childhood, I'd have a bowl full of tails that got trashed when I was done. As an adult, my brain has allowed me a compromise - I can eat one cracker at a time, biting the tail off and storing it in my cheek while I chew and swallow the rest of the cracker, then I can eat the tail.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

kecske posted:

my grandma cared for a me a lot as a small kid since both my parents worked. She used to tell me a ye olde england folk tale that if you leave half an eggshell unbroken a witch will use it as a boat and cause trouble for fishermen out at sea, so I always had to make sure to smash up egg shells after cooking and i still do that now out of habit 30+ years later

What kind of trouble is a tiny witch in an eggshell gonna cause

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

England used to have an empire

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I tap the top of a beer or soda can 3 times since college and someone called it the zenguitarman three tap method.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've been writing in a journal every day since 1994. I've missed some days to be sure, but I've mostly stuck with it. Lots of journals now. I used to have grand plans, but they're all gone, and now the journals are just for me. They often provide me small insights, or just clever ideas or turns of phrases, or what the gently caress was that dream last night?
I almost never go back and read something I wrote previously.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Your mom op

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

My mother is neither dumb nor arbitrary. Go nuts on my dad though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Good idea with the pictures. More of a scrap book.

slandergoose
Jun 24, 2023

doctorfrog posted:

The moment I'm home I have to unpack my bag and unburden my pockets, hang stuff up, all that, before I do anything else. My bag will have at least five things that go into specific places, often in some other bag. Everything else can be in utter chaos, but those things absolutely must be put into their places or I'm not actually home yet.

I do this also. When I come back from vacation I unpack immediately.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I check if there's anything between my teeth every time I'm in front of a mirror even though I haven't got any teeth anymore

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Voting Republican lol

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

General Dog posted:

Voting Republican lol

childhood habits are hard to break

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Eclipse12 posted:

I also habitually check my fly and just had an incident the other week that is gonna make me do it even if I haven’t used the bathroom recently.

Was talking with some coworkers when one of them gave me the silent “check your fly dude” signal. Looked down and there was AN ENTIRE POTATO CHIP hanging from a thread on the fly of my pants. It had been at least 45 minutes since I’d eaten. I had been all over my job site talking to at least a dozen people with this loving thing dangling there. I wish it had just been my fly.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Sometimes I rub my horns against a rock to sharpen them

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Walking past a tabletop or desk with nothing on it, I have to run my pinkie tip across the surface as I walk by.

Fingernails get the clippers, toenails get torn off.

"Go paperless!" no thanks I love the shredder, I guess.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lt. Cock posted:

I also habitually check my fly and just had an incident the other week that is gonna make me do it even if I haven’t used the bathroom recently.

Was talking with some coworkers when one of them gave me the silent “check your fly dude” signal. Looked down and there was AN ENTIRE POTATO CHIP hanging from a thread on the fly of my pants. It had been at least 45 minutes since I’d eaten. I had been all over my job site talking to at least a dozen people with this loving thing dangling there. I wish it had just been my fly.

Lolling at ol’ Chipdick over here

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

when im out and about buyin poo poo i pretty much always tell the clerk whos checking me out 'see you next time.'

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I'll start the paperwork on promoting Lt. Cock to Capt. Chipdick immediately.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Show some respect, that "Lt Chipcock"

Edit:

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I'll start the paperwork on promoting Lt. Cock to Capt. Chipdick immediately.

:hai:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Jelqing. Didn't know what it was until many years later, all I knew is it felt good at the time. Long story short, all those years of practice have really paid off. Or maybe it's genetic, I have no way to really know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

redshirt posted:

I've been writing in a journal every day since 1994. I've missed some days to be sure, but I've mostly stuck with it. Lots of journals now. I used to have grand plans, but they're all gone, and now the journals are just for me. They often provide me small insights, or just clever ideas or turns of phrases, or what the gently caress was that dream last night?
I almost never go back and read something I wrote previously.
I'm an infrequent journaler, and I almost never read my stuff either. But when I do, sometimes I have no memory of the experience I wrote about. It's like I've lost something, so that makes me want to journal less. But then sometimes writing a memory down cements it, makes it more memorable, so it makes me wish I journaled more. But then I remember how when you remember things, you're actually rewriting that memory in your memory, sort of overwriting the more genuine memory in some way. Which mildly stresses me out.

https://xpressenglish.com/our-stories/almost-no-memory/

in short, life is an agreeable, continual nightmare

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 25, 2024