Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
We have a car park at the back of my apartment which is technically for residents only. As long as I have a space, I couldn't care less who else parks in it, but recently I've started counting how many cars are parked there before I drive off in the morning. It takes a small effort of will to not do it. Maybe I could develop ocd or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Torquemada posted:

Maybe I could develop ocd or something.

You should. Otherwise something terrible will happen.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Everyone please stand and salute my Chip Dick

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Lt. Cock posted:

I also habitually check my fly and just had an incident the other week that is gonna make me do it even if I haven’t used the bathroom recently.

Was talking with some coworkers when one of them gave me the silent “check your fly dude” signal. Looked down and there was AN ENTIRE POTATO CHIP hanging from a thread on the fly of my pants. It had been at least 45 minutes since I’d eaten. I had been all over my job site talking to at least a dozen people with this loving thing dangling there. I wish it had just been my fly.

thats alpha bro

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

you can hang a picture from your unzipped zipper next time and basically everyone will have to look at whatever picture you choose

hang anything from there honestly

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Rent out the space

Like for ad revenue

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

eSports Chaebol posted:

i occasionally check my fly to make sure its zipped when i have no reason to expect it isnt and it's entirely because it was an intrusive though from reading about the scientist who did it in Contact. i'll go months or years at a time forgetting about it/to do it then it comes back. it just did come back again because of this thread. it's my version of losing The Game

drat...I had like a 8 year streak going you just broke..

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

If I'm traveling on foot and pause to get a sense of direction (city, big store, parking lot, anywhere), I'll snap my finger and point in the direction I walk next

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i turn the water off in between each dish when im washing dishes. and i turn the water off when i brush my teeth. captain planet told me to save water when i was 4 and i will.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
When I was in the first grade, I went to the bathroom in class, and tucked my dress into my tights. I was not informed of until I got back to my class, and everyone laughed, even the teacher. I stopped wearing dresses and skirts until I was 11-12, though now it’s nearly all I wear. Especially miniskirts and minidresses, if it’s below the knee, it ain’t for me.

However, I am always paranoid that I’ve tucked in my clothing into my tights. I will constantly fiddle with the hem. “Maybe just don’t wear miniskirts” gently caress you I will manifest my childhood trauma into constantly tugging at my clothing. I will never stop tugging.

E: wait no not like that

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I held my forearms at a 90⁰ angle with my palms flat and my fingers up to the ceiling doing things like errands in public for a full year and a quarter after leaving 5 years in an aseptic cleanroom

Glad I broke that one

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I got Tourettes so like, a lot of just random noises and twitching

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Foxfire_ posted:

Right shoe goes on before left shoe for as far as I can remember

left sock right sock
right shoe left shoe
tie left shoe tie right shoe

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Oh wait poo poo , got a good one

I tie my shoes/bows in a very specific double slipknot thing I've not seen it anywhere else

No one taught me how to tie my shoes, I dissected a knot someone did for me and worked out a knot that resembled a bow and was repeatable

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I lace my boots up and then do a quick pretzel on the front, wrap the laces around the circumference of the boot and then tie a square knot in the front, tucking the ends of the laces into the top of the boot so there's no dangles

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
It’s an age-old discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prRtcQz8Uqk

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
If I get a burger from In-N-Out I'll eat the tomatoes, then the lettuce, then the rest of it

When I eat goldfish crackers I don't chew them starting out, I suck on them to get the flavor out and as I kid I would swallow them whole, now I break them up before they go down

peachy...
Jan 15, 2020

~hey~
I have to check that I've locked my door at least five times - like, test the handle five times after locking it. Seems pointless after the first one

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

I held my forearms at a 90⁰ angle with my palms flat and my fingers up to the ceiling doing things like errands in public for a full year and a quarter after leaving 5 years in an aseptic cleanroom

Glad I broke that one

I am also glad

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

redshirt posted:

I unplug a lot of electrical devices when leaving my house. For fire hazard reasons.

Yep. I’m a “checker” in that I make sure lights are off, electronics are off, stove is off, and anything that doesn’t need to be plugged in is unplugged before going anywhere.

Also, volume and settings on TVs and stereos always on even numbers, never odds.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

flubber nuts posted:

when im out and about buyin poo poo i pretty much always tell the clerk whos checking me out 'see you next time.'

gently caress I do this too. Everyone hates it.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I yell out 'YES!' whenever I see someone eat poo poo when they're doing something stupid.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

blight rhino posted:

left sock right sock
right shoe left shoe
tie left shoe tie right shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfqlveLWXzY

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Hotel Kpro posted:

If I get a burger from In-N-Out I'll eat the tomatoes, then the lettuce, then the rest of it

Semi related. A 4 for 4 at Wendy’s or equivalent meal; fries, nuggets burger, drink. Myself and most people I’ve known just kind of work through all of those items chaotically. Some fries here, bite of burger, a nugget, back to fries, sip drink. You get the idea.

However, I’ve had exactly one roommate who ate that meal linearly, every time. First all the fries. Then all the nuggets. Then the burger. Finish with the drink. It’s not my habit but it’s an odd one that I’ve only seen in one guy.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
If my dog and cat are in the same room and I pet one of them, I have to go pet the other before I leave the room so they don't feel slighted.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Lt. Cock posted:

Semi related. A 4 for 4 at Wendy’s or equivalent meal; fries, nuggets burger, drink. Myself and most people I’ve known just kind of work through all of those items chaotically. Some fries here, bite of burger, a nugget, back to fries, sip drink. You get the idea.

However, I’ve had exactly one roommate who ate that meal linearly, every time. First all the fries. Then all the nuggets. Then the burger. Finish with the drink. It’s not my habit but it’s an odd one that I’ve only seen in one guy.

Oh no am I that guy? I used to do that a lot growing up. If we had a meal with sides it’d be potatoes, then the chicken, then the other veggies. I think the order changed on whatever I thought was the best to the worst. I’m pretty sure I still do that to some extent

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'd catch a lot of people eyeing me while I was doing things like "picking out laundry detergent" and "buying a steak" and reflexively put my arms down, it was real hard to break

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
I massage the spot behind my balls after pissing. It gets those drops that would end up in your undies otherwise gone. This + TP dab is the proper way to piss.

I'll run the tap and fill my glass over and over until it gets cold as hell.

I slam the little cart for your wet clothes in the washing room on the floor before putting my clothes in it. Had bedbugs once, never again!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

I'd catch a lot of people eyeing me while I was doing things like "picking out laundry detergent" and "buying a steak" and reflexively put my arms down, it was real hard to break

Is this why you have the av you have

AEMINAL posted:

I massage the spot behind my balls after pissing. It gets those drops that would end up in your undies otherwise gone. This + TP dab is the proper way to piss.

Yeah that little spot is pretty much required at a urinal. Way quicker to go right to the source rather than trying to shake or squeeze.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Larry Cum Free posted:

If my dog and cat are in the same room and I pet one of them, I have to go pet the other before I leave the room so they don't feel slighted.

This woke up a memory: as a very little kid I didn't have a lot of toys I really liked, but the top six or so I would play with "evenly" so they wouldn't feel left out. A sad toy might break, then I wouldn't have it anymore. OCD or poverty anxiety, who's to say?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

peachy... posted:

I have to check that I've locked my door at least five times - like, test the handle five times after locking it. Seems pointless after the first one

I used to do that until I developed the habit of forcing myself to focus, check the handle, and then say out loud "the door is locked".
Then walk away. The key is the focusing part, because if you don't focus, you may later ask yourself "Did I lock the door?"

Good luck.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Is this why you have the av you have

I did an impromptu A/T about aseptic cleanrooms in OSHA, yes

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

flossing

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

AEMINAL posted:

Yeah that little spot is pretty much required at a urinal. Way quicker to go right to the source rather than trying to shake or squeeze.

"excuse me fellers dont mind me just reaching down the back of my pants to prod my taint"

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

"excuse me fellers dont mind me just reaching down the back of my pants to prod my taint"

No you prod from the outside

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

doctorfrog posted:

This woke up a memory: as a very little kid I didn't have a lot of toys I really liked, but the top six or so I would play with "evenly" so they wouldn't feel left out. A sad toy might break, then I wouldn't have it anymore. OCD or poverty anxiety, who's to say?

Extremely same and in my case I'm going to chalk it up to undiagnosed ADHD and a huge propensity toward guilt!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

No you prod from the outside

OH

well, in that case

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
If there's a glass with some sort of logo or other marking printed on the side, I only drink out of it if the logo is directly facing me. Like, if it's a pint glass with a company's logo on it, I never drink out of the glass with the logo rotated off to the side even a little bit. I don't know when that started but, about a decade ago, I noticed that I do that automatically every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i always make a weird face when i walk by a mirror idk why