Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

git apologist posted:

i always make a weird face when i walk by a mirror idk why

also when you don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Speaking of weird mirror stuff, I almost always open my medicine cabinet all the way when I'm in my bathroom for more than just a few moments so that I don't have to see myself in the mirror. That's a person I just don't even want to even look at anymore.

Yes, I've had multiple therapists.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

peachy... posted:

I have to check that I've locked my door at least five times - like, test the handle five times after locking it. Seems pointless after the first one

Just lock it and then mentally tag it with something completely different every time.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
When I hang up clothes, the pegs have to be matching on the same piece of clothing (colour and style). I can't have 2 different pegs on the one piece of clothing.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

Speaking of weird mirror stuff, I almost always open my medicine cabinet all the way when I'm in my bathroom for more than just a few moments so that I don't have to see myself in the mirror. That's a person I just don't even want to even look at anymore.

If it bothers you that much couldn't you just cover it with something so you don't have to keep it open?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
My commute to work takes about an hour every day. I have yogurt almost every day. I always shake it vigorously before I open the container, to make sure it is mixed (I prefer fruit on the bottom) and that it has been liqufacted enough to drink, rather than spoon out. The shaking is very specific. 20 shakes, rotate 90 degrees, 20 shakes, rotate 90 degrees, 20 shakes, rotate 90 degrees, 20 shakes, open and drink. I also have to take my first drink while I am in a specific part of the freeway.

The shaking makes sense to me. I have figured out the optimal amount of shaking to insure the fruit is properly mixed in. The part that doesn't make sense is that I kept this up when I switched to pre-stirred yogurt.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Genesplicer posted:

My commute to work takes about an hour every day. I have yogurt almost every day. I always shake it vigorously before I open the container, to make sure it is mixed (I prefer fruit on the bottom) and that it has been liqufacted enough to drink, rather than spoon out. The shaking is very specific. 20 shakes, rotate 90 degrees, 20 shakes, rotate 90 degrees, 20 shakes, rotate 90 degrees, 20 shakes, open and drink. I also have to take my first drink while I am in a specific part of the freeway.

The shaking makes sense to me. I have figured out the optimal amount of shaking to insure the fruit is properly mixed in. The part that doesn't make sense is that I kept this up when I switched to pre-stirred yogurt.

That's A LOT of shaking!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Genesplicer posted:

They make drinkable yogurt now

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
When things are going badly at work, which is usually, because I work Retail, I respond to orders with an idealistic Agent Dale Cooper thumbs up to signify my optimism!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Obsidianheart posted:

Walking past a tabletop or desk with nothing on it, I have to run my pinkie tip across the surface as I walk by.

Walking past a wooden wall or something like that, I tend to "walk" my knuckles along the surface.

Or if it's a corrugated feature wall, drag my finger so it makes a sound.

Of course, if you do this sooner or later you catch a fingernail on a splinter or a fixture and cause yourself immense pain for no benefit.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

redshirt posted:

I've been writing in a journal every day since 1994. I've missed some days to be sure, but I've mostly stuck with it. Lots of journals now. I used to have grand plans, but they're all gone, and now the journals are just for me. They often provide me small insights, or just clever ideas or turns of phrases, or what the gently caress was that dream last night?
I almost never go back and read something I wrote previously.

This is what I have been doing the past 15 years. I'm not sure what people would think if they found it. Probably like "You're not that clever."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I can vibrate my eyeballs.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

git apologist posted:

oh man me too

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Having thoughts

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Animal-Mother posted:

I had a friend in middle school who could do this but only after he ate tic-tacs.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Hotel Kpro posted:

If I get a burger from In-N-Out I'll eat the tomatoes, then the lettuce, then the rest of it

When I eat goldfish crackers I don't chew them starting out, I suck on them to get the flavor out and as I kid I would swallow them whole, now I break them up before they go down

psychotic

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Animal-Mother posted:

I was about to say, "I can do this," because for most of my life I could do this. But I haven't done it in a long time... and I can't seem to be able to!!

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

git apologist posted:

I make a certain kind of face, but it’s because I’m disappointed that this is still what I look like.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Someone once told me that landing on even numbers for volume on devices produces a more pleasing wavelength to the human ear, or something equally stupid.

Still do it.

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

Check message previews instead of opening my messaging app, and if it's nothing urgent I'll usually forget to reply at all. how I still have friends is a mystery

Catch myself calling myself a dumbass/ dipshit/ fuckin dumshit etc under my breath whenever I do something absentmindedly or fail at something simple

Start art and design projects and then stop when I come down off my high horse and realize yet again that I make bad art and designs and/ or find that someone else has already made something way better or more interesting, adding to my pile of unfinished garbage

I cut my own hair

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i poop too much, then i get tired

settle down beavis

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't always do it anymore, but I always think it still, which is holding your breath when you drive by a cemetery.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I hate the thought of making GBS threads at work. I’m afraid I’ll stink up the office. I hate when others poo poo at work. They stink up the office.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Piggy Smalls posted:

I hate the thought of making GBS threads at work. I’m afraid I’ll stink up the office. I hate when others poo poo at work. They stink up the office.

lol at working in an office where the bathrooms are so close to the workspace that you can smell them

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I used to work in an office at a manufacturing plant where all of the office people were in one room and the single bathroom was right there and not only could you smell but also hear all the details lmao.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

I don't always do it anymore, but I always think it still, which is holding your breath when you drive by a cemetery.

My first job was working in a cemetery so this wasn't really an option for me.

The old guy I worked with had a thing about not swearing in the cemetery so one time he bashed his thumb with a hammer and walked outside the fence so he could curse.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

My first job was working in a cemetery so this wasn't really an option for me.

The old guy I worked with had a thing about not swearing in the cemetery so one time he bashed his thumb with a hammer and walked outside the fence so he could curse.

Lol I thought about that as a kid, wondering how the folks who worked at the cemetery held their breath so long.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I stopped the cemetary thing once I figured that at any given point I was, somewhere on this vast earth, I’m probably at the same latitude or longitude as some dead and buried ghostly person, and not breathing to avoid getting haunted probably wasn’t gonna cut it.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

wizard2 posted:

When things are going badly at work, which is usually, because I work Retail, I respond to orders with an idealistic Agent Dale Cooper thumbs up to signify my optimism!

Keep your head up, Zach.

My weird one is that I thank my car for her hard work when I get home. I don't always do it, but she's a machine that literally runs for hours and hours on end with very little fuss. I've only had to give her basic maintenance, and I'm grateful to have transportation.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Chief McHeath posted:

I stopped the cemetary thing once I figured that at any given point I was, somewhere on this vast earth, I’m probably at the same latitude or longitude as some dead and buried ghostly person, and not breathing to avoid getting haunted probably wasn’t gonna cut it.

Yeah, my last house was across the street from a cemetery, and given my love of breathing and cussin', any sort of weird "cemetery superstitions" weren't an option. And I'm 99% sure I'm currently sleeping in the same room the previous owner died in in my current home, so... v:shobon:v

Also, I spelled cemetery wrong the first two times I spelled it, as you did, because cemetery REALLY should end -ary, right? It ends with a "tare-ee" sound. Not "ture-ee" like -ery would be.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, my last house was across the street from a cemetery, and given my love of breathing and cussin', any sort of weird "cemetery superstitions" weren't an option. And I'm 99% sure I'm currently sleeping in the same room the previous owner died in in my current home, so... v:shobon:v

Also, I spelled cemetery wrong the first two times I spelled it, as you did, because cemetery REALLY should end -ary, right? It ends with a "tare-ee" sound. Not "ture-ee" like -ery would be.

lol I've spelled it wrong every single time I've typed it. Cemetary.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

DicktheCat posted:

Keep your head up, Zach.

My weird one is that I thank my car for her hard work when I get home. I don't always do it, but she's a machine that literally runs for hours and hours on end with very little fuss. I've only had to give her basic maintenance, and I'm grateful to have transportation.

I always thank my phone when I use voice commands.

"Hey Google, navigate home"

"Alright, going home"

"Thanks Google"

When the machines take over I hope they remember I was at least polite.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

redshirt posted:

Lol I thought about that as a kid, wondering how the folks who worked at the cemetery held their breath so long.

They're dead. They don't need to hold their breath.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Catastrophe posted:

:same:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

DicktheCat posted:

Keep your head up, Zach.

I'll occasionally pat mine on the dashboard and say 'good job old girl'

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I've been saving fuel receipts for my car(s) and truck for a little over 20 years now. It originally started out as "well I'm going to figure out some fuel mileage numbers one of these days". It never happened. Probably about 10 years ago I started to just try and figure out how much I'd spent on fuel and sort of chronicle the price of gas over the years but that kinda fizzled out.

I don't think I have every fuel receipt from the last (almost) 21 years, but pretty close. Even from my old car that I stopped driving 15+ years ago.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

I've been saving fuel receipts for my car(s) and truck for a little over 20 years now. It originally started out as "well I'm going to figure out some fuel mileage numbers one of these days". It never happened. Probably about 10 years ago I started to just try and figure out how much I'd spent on fuel and sort of chronicle the price of gas over the years but that kinda fizzled out.

I don't think I have every fuel receipt from the last (almost) 21 years, but pretty close. Even from my old car that I stopped driving 15+ years ago.

Will you do me a favor? Please digitize or otherwise annotate those receipts.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Just eat them and consume the data that way

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I go dancing every saturday and the Egyptian walk thing is still my only move

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

bradzilla posted:

I squeegee water off my body with my hands after showering and before getting out so the towel doesn't get too wet

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Lifting my heels everytime I drive past a utility pole and getting annoyed when it doesn't line up to the beat if there's music on the stereo.