Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Piggy Smalls posted:

I hate the thought of making GBS threads at work. I’m afraid I’ll stink up the office. I hate when others poo poo at work. They stink up the office.

I go to a different floor. usually at least 2x a day. they're single rooms though and not stalls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
If someone tells me some variant of "have a good day", I answer "you too, eh"

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!
I respond to "How are you/How's it going?" with " I'm alive; air goes in, air goes out."

Also, ever since I was probably 8 years old (now 33), instead of waving hello or goodbye, I just up the irons, and sometimes say "keep rocking" or "rock on."

Finally, my wife has reminded me that whenever I take off my shoes or boots, I unconsciously put the right shoe on the left side, and the left shoe on the right. I have been doing this very likely since I was a child.

Old habits die hard.

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 15, 2024

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Before I start writing my grocery list, I go through the circular, write down all the sales that look useful, then go through the circular again to make sure I didn't miss anything.

If I have to walk backward for some reason, I point my right foot forward, then start walking back. Left over from my marching band days.

I overthink the absolute gently caress out of Civ. Imagining what my people look like based on their environment, trading silk/fur for dye (or gold/silver for gems) so they can have pretty clothes (or jewelry), poo poo like that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Everything I do is well considered and reasoned.

*taps pipe

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

When I eat onion rings I slurp the onion out like a noodle then eat the crunchy bit like a potato chip.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I give the snap and finger guns to every house pet I meet when no one is looking. Unless their pet sucks, then they get the middle finger.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
when there's a bowl of free jellybeans I'll never take a single one. Always an even number, like 2 or 4.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I scratch wool or acrylic textile with my nails and cuticles and terminal knuckles, sometimes (but now rarely) until my cuticles are raw and bleeding, and I like to keep a few blankets around the house for this. I haven't do it outside the house didn't childhood. I think it's a kind of stimming but I've never heard of this one in particular.

I also like putting my fingers through knots of wool, tightening it to cut off the circulation a little. I recently found the copper massage/acupuncture rings that give me a convenient, pocketable, and relatively socially acceptable way to experience a similar feeling.

mawarannahr fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 15, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sleep with my bedroom door closed. It started as a habit when I was a preschooler and just stuck. For some odd reason it bothers me when the door is open.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Sleep with my bedroom door closed. It started as a habit when I was a preschooler and just stuck. For some odd reason it bothers me when the door is open.

Nothing wrong with closing doors IMO.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

redshirt posted:

as long as you open a window as well :angel:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

as long as you open a window as well :angel:

In the dead of winter? Dumb.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

redshirt posted:

In college though??

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

air goes in, air goes out

You can't explain that.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I used to do this too. It took having dogs to get me to break the habit.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

You can't explain that.

:haibrow:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

In college though??

Even more so in college

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I sleep with my door open, because my cats like to come and go, and also because my bedroom door doesn’t latch properly anyway. I have a scarf slung around the latch so that it doesn’t bang if the wind blows it.
Sometimes I feel like a weirdo, because I have housemates, but I’ve had the same housemates for years now and it doesn’t really matter if they can see me sleeping, and they don’t tend to peer in my door anyway, but still.
It’s still worth it not to have to get up all the time to let a cat in or out I guess.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
If I'm moving about a house and there's a place where you have to go around two corners to come back on yourself, so, imagine you're walking along a hall, parallel to some stairs going up in the opposite direction, and you get to the end of the hall, you have to turn like, left, then left again to be facing up the stairs? Does that make sense?

Any time I come across that arrangement in a house, I'll turn right, then right again by moving my right foot backwards around my body, rather than forwards around, crossing over so I end up facing the stairs. It's hard to explain but very easy to do. (I think it's actually easier to turn this way, just less intuitive).

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Shithouse Dave posted:

I sleep with my door open, because my cats like to come and go, and also because my bedroom door doesn’t latch properly anyway. I have a scarf slung around the latch so that it doesn’t bang if the wind blows it.
Sometimes I feel like a weirdo, because I have housemates, but I’ve had the same housemates for years now and it doesn’t really matter if they can see me sleeping, and they don’t tend to peer in my door anyway, but still.
It’s still worth it not to have to get up all the time to let a cat in or out I guess.

How do u know they aren’t watching u sleep … u would be asleep with no way to tell

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
I have to be out of the room before I turn the light switch off and I can’t step on cracks on footpaths

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

!Klams posted:

If I'm moving about a house and there's a place where you have to go around two corners to come back on yourself, so, imagine you're walking along a hall, parallel to some stairs going up in the opposite direction, and you get to the end of the hall, you have to turn like, left, then left again to be facing up the stairs? Does that make sense?

Any time I come across that arrangement in a house, I'll turn right, then right again by moving my right foot backwards around my body, rather than forwards around, crossing over so I end up facing the stairs. It's hard to explain but very easy to do. (I think it's actually easier to turn this way, just less intuitive).

Do you also go through doors like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wof0xPUmW38

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Wifi Toilet posted:

Do you also go through doors like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wof0xPUmW38

Were you in the military? What you're describing sounds kinda like the 270 degree turn right to go left move.

Edit, was meant to quote the previous poster

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Whenever I'm applauding at any sort of live performance, I always clap in powers of two. Four claps for the token sort of "good job there", eight claps for a "that was great, I really enjoyed it!", and sixteen when it was really incredible, or when people start doing a standing ovation or the like.

Things like curtain calls at the end of a play are tricky, 'cause 32 and above become kind of a commitment, and you run the risk of the applause dying down while you still have too many claps to go.

Yes, it is a stupid as it sounds.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Last Visible Dog posted:

Whenever I'm applauding at any sort of live performance, I always clap in powers of two. Four claps for the token sort of "good job there", eight claps for a "that was great, I really enjoyed it!", and sixteen when it was really incredible, or when people start doing a standing ovation or the like.

Things like curtain calls at the end of a play are tricky, 'cause 32 and above become kind of a commitment, and you run the risk of the applause dying down while you still have too many claps to go.

Yes, it is a stupid as it sounds.

Same

Mar 17, 2024
banning customers from my various businesses

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

031724 posted:

banning customers from my various businesses

good shoot

031724_2_Weak7th
Mar 17, 2024

"Whatever"

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

redshirt posted:

I picked this habit up because we had to watch a fire safety video when I was like 7, and they recommended sleeping with the door closed because it slows the spread of fire. Thanks, chief. That's all I needed to hear to be a lifelong door-closed sleeper.

031724_3
Mar 17, 2024
fire bad

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Really dedicated to the bit, huh?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I tie my shoes "wrong." When I was little I had trouble doing the normal bow, so my sister's boyfriend at the time taught me to cross two loops instead. I can tie my shoes the normal way now, but he's been dead almost 10 years and I still choose to tie my shoes the way he taught me. I dunno, it's like a gesture of remembrance.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Das Boo posted:

I tie my shoes "wrong." When I was little I had trouble doing the normal bow, so my sister's boyfriend at the time taught me to cross two loops instead. I can tie my shoes the normal way now, but he's been dead almost 10 years and I still choose to tie my shoes the way he taught me. I dunno, it's like a gesture of remembrance.

Aww that's sweet. I think a lot of us have those little private moments that only mean something to yourself and in a way that's hard to describe to others.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

redshirt posted:

Aww that's sweet. I think a lot of us have those little private moments that only mean something to yourself and in a way that's hard to describe to others.

I really love those little things about people. This is a good thread. :3:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

Honestly, the worst thing he could do to the forums is leave forever. Think of the immediate financial hit SA would take.

031724_4
Mar 18, 2024

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

031724_4
Mar 18, 2024

Das Boo posted:

I really love those little things about people. This is a good thread. :3:

A free shot of opium with every :3: !

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

This is pretty good, but it could be better. You know, if we crank those rookie numbers up, you might yourself become the arbitrary poo poo, forever. You're gonna have to keep this up for the next decade or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

031724_4
Mar 18, 2024
My Speculative Finances