Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

mawarannahr posted:

I go to a different floor. usually at least 2x a day. they're single rooms though and not stalls.

Surely the correct answer is the do a big stinky poo poo in the closet office toilet, climb out of the window and scale any necessary walls to ensure you re-enter the office some time after the smell has wafted through, and declare with surprise and glory the amazing stink *someone* has let out, before sitting down guilt free.

This may not work if your turds produce a standard smell which your coworkers already associate with you; however diet alterations may help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
whenever i eat an ice cream sandwich i nibble off a bit of the chocolate on both sides of the top so i can have a few bites of uncut ice cream

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

lol, dumbass rereg person spent like 40bux to post in this thread. seems on topic

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

everytime I pee i whisper "get beefy piss bitch" to myself, thanks to an old thread on this very forum

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Das Boo posted:

I tie my shoes "wrong." When I was little I had trouble doing the normal bow, so my sister's boyfriend at the time taught me to cross two loops instead. I can tie my shoes the normal way now, but he's been dead almost 10 years and I still choose to tie my shoes the way he taught me. I dunno, it's like a gesture of remembrance.

I tie my shoes that way to this day.

At least when and if I have to. I mostly wear boots with zippers up the sides. But I totally get what you're saying. My kindergarten teacher got frustrated with my not being able to tie shoes the "proper" way.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mozi posted:

whenever i eat an ice cream sandwich i nibble off a bit of the chocolate on both sides of the top so i can have a few bites of uncut ice cream

Yeeeeeeeesssssss a kindred spirit :hfive:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I do pretty much the same thing but I nibble around all the edges and by the time I'm done with the sandwich my hands are a chocolatey mess.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I always reposition the toppings on pizza to have an optimal distance from each other. Oh how could you tell I’m autistic?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

031724_4 posted:

My Speculative Finances

This isn't the selfie thread, op.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i always keep 2 american $1 bills in my wallet for good luck (i'm canadian) because on a trip to the states many years ago that was what i was left with in my wallet, wound up spending them on something a couple years later when I had no other cash, and by strange turn of events wound up with 2 different american $1 bills in my wallet shortly after, so now that's just a fixed feature of my wallet. i dont know why but i find it reassuring to see them there when i open my wallet

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The far-left tab in my web browser is always just a blank, new tab.

It dates back to 20-odd years ago when browsers first got tabs. I loved those newfangled things but it annoyed me that if you had only one tab open and you closed it, the whole browser would quit out. So I started leaving a blank tab as a buffer against that accidentally happening. There are better ways to do that now, but hey, the habit was already set. It feels weird to not have a blank tab there.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol squirrel people here nibbling at their ice cream sandwiches. I, like a regular human, simply inhale it in two bites.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Waltzing Along posted:

As soon as I get back from a trip I unpack. Unless I need to pee or something. But pretty much as soon as I walk in the door I unpack everything.

As soon as I get to my destination when traveling, I find a place to unpack everything and lay it out like a CRPG inventory grid. Even if I'm not going to need 2/3 of the poo poo at my current location.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Pick up tongs.

*clack, clack*

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I crack my knuckles while washing my hands.

I started doing the hand sign for the number three with thumb, index and middle fingers after the basement scene in Inglourious Basterds and now that's just how it is.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I can crack my knuckles continuously by making a fist so sometimes I do that.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I commonly fall asleep with my arms above my head. I have problems with the sensation of my shoulders feeling closed in on, and I'm a side sleeper so it's really difficult to get comfortable.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Doc Fission posted:

I started doing the hand sign for the number three with thumb, index and middle fingers after the basement scene in Inglourious Basterds and now that's just how it is.

Two months of ASL in high school, not a sign since, and I still do this.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

It's way more comfortable than having to hold your pinky down

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I wonder if some people having to hold their pinky down instead of being able to move it independently is the reason for there being more than one sign.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

aardwolf posted:

Pick up tongs.

*clack, clack*

Same. Seven years as a saute cook gives you weird little quirks like that. I also spin them around my finger when I'm in the zone. Thankfully at home. I still get nightmares that I'm back on the line. Never again.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

MrQwerty posted:

I held my forearms at a 90⁰ angle with my palms flat and my fingers up to the ceiling doing things like errands in public for a full year and a quarter after leaving 5 years in an aseptic cleanroom

Glad I broke that one

just carrying around an invisible dachshund everywhere

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

not spending 2 dollar bills.

american 2 dollar bills are not super rare, yet there's perpetually been a myth, like literally since i was a little kid i've been hearing people say, "they don't make those anymore, better hang onto it for good luck!"

in fact, they are still made. but i never spend them. when i get one, i stash it somewhere like a freakin squirrel hiding a 2 dollar walnut.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Doctor Dogballs posted:

american 2 dollar bills are not super rare, yet there's perpetually been a myth, like literally since i was a little kid i've been hearing people say, "they don't make those anymore, better hang onto it for good luck!"

in fact, they are still made. but i never spend them. when i get one, i stash it somewhere like a freakin squirrel hiding a 2 dollar walnut.

Yeah I have a bunch squirreled away, they're only worth holding onto if it's some rare print worth money to a collector which is pretty unlikely most people have one like that.
I stopped spending them because I've had kids ask for the manager to check the bill because they never see them. Doomed to forever live in the money jar.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Doctor Dogballs posted:

The only strip club in Maine is known for dispensing 2's from the onsite ATM's, which I just love. So when you see a wild $2 you can be somewhat sure where it came from not long ago.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

cool to know if i get a 2 dollar bill in maine it's been in your mom's rear end crack

not your mom, redshirt, just like , the royal "your" . everyone's mom

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I ended up with a $2 bill in my wallet a few years back. I made a small purchase of like $4 and used it. The cashier was all, "What the hell is this?" like I was pushing counterfeit currency. I only had a few dollars with me and hadn't paid off my credit card. The freaking manager had to be called down to the line to verify it was real money. Other customers around me were split 50/50 that it was real or a ruse.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I ended up turning in a stack of $2 bills to my credit union because I didn’t want them festering away any longer in the money jar and I needed money in my account. Ended up having $42 in bills.

I also turned in $75 in quarters and around $260 in spare change I’d collected in a five gallon water jug over the span of about 10-15 years. It takes awhile, but money you chuck in one spot for years because you don’t want it rattling around in your pocket or wallet adds up over time.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

redshirt posted:

The only strip club in Maine is known for dispensing 2's from the onsite ATM's, which I just love. So when you see a wild $2 you can be somewhat sure where it came from not long ago.

Years and years ago, there was a Comedy Connection on the wharf in the Old Port in Portland. When it first opened, the entrance fee was eight dollars. They would go to the bank and get a whole pile of two dollar bills to give as change. The pizza place across the street from the wharf sold two dollar slices, and it was open late. It was pretty much a perfect set up.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Doc Fission posted:

I crack my knuckles while washing my hands.

Can you do it without having your ring finger halfway extended?

Dip Viscous posted:

I wonder if some people having to hold their pinky down instead of being able to move it independently is the reason for there being more than one sign.

It "feels natural" to hold it down but I don't think you actually need to.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

~Coxy posted:

Can you do it without having your ring finger halfway extended?

It "feels natural" to hold it down but I don't think you actually need to.

I am intrigued by how your hands work. Absolutely don't need ring finger extended for thumb-index-middle 3 sign, and absolutely do need to hold down pinkie for index-middle-ring.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Walking/standing on the balls of my feet.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I use my feet like hands, like some monkey man.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

I use my feet like hands, like some monkey man.

Same, if I can, I will pick it up with my feet. My toes are hyper flexible like some kind of monkey freak.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Doctor Dogballs posted:

just carrying around an invisible dachshund everywhere

yeah pretty much, it was awful

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Same, if I can, I will pick it up with my feet. My toes are hyper flexible like some kind of monkey freak.

*Footie high five fellow monkey freak!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Because I am crazy, I've also been deliberately doing things left handed in order to improve my ambidextrousness, for basketball reasons. Since I was 14 or 15.

Like I've made myself ambidextrous through brute force, decades ago. I brush my teeth left handed. I can use chop sticks left handed. I am most certainly not left handed.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

You Are A Werewolf posted:

I ended up turning in a stack of $2 bills to my credit union because I didn’t want them festering away any longer in the money jar and I needed money in my account. Ended up having $42 in bills.

I also turned in $75 in quarters and around $260 in spare change I’d collected in a five gallon water jug over the span of about 10-15 years. It takes awhile, but money you chuck in one spot for years because you don’t want it rattling around in your pocket or wallet adds up over time.

I was in line at a credit union and the guy in front of me was cashing in his saved up change. Those canvas bags, filled to the brim; a bunch of them. It came out to $3500. They had to bring another employee off the drive-through just to help sort it all. They diverted all other customers to other lines. He and his wife saved all their spare change and when they had enough they would take a nice vacation.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

redshirt posted:

Because I am crazy, I've also been deliberately doing things left handed in order to improve my ambidextrousness, for basketball reasons. Since I was 14 or 15.

Like I've made myself ambidextrous through brute force, decades ago. I brush my teeth left handed. I can use chop sticks left handed. I am most certainly not left handed.

i used to work as a copy editor. its a horrible curse that as one can see i usually keep in check. ambidexterity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i used to work as a copy editor. its a horrible curse that as one can see i usually keep in check. ambidexterity

Thank you

- Editor