Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I just had to renew the tabs on my car, and realized that for over 30 years, i've been purposely putting the little year sticker on upside down. Thought it was funny when i was like 16 and been doing it ever since.

i tap any package/shipment i wrap up at least twice, but i think thats kind of a basic dude thing

whenever i'm talking to someone and need to confirm, i always say "yeah" at least 2, maybe 3 times

what weird tics/habits do all yall other weirdos out there do on the regular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Foxfire_ posted:

Right shoe goes on before left shoe for as far as I can remember

I feel this. Same with pant legs if in not sitting down and double legging

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

bossy lady posted:

I moan loudly every time I take a sip of any drink.

Definitely so the big "ahhhhhh" after a good drink, particularly if it's carbonated.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

kecske posted:

my grandma cared for a me a lot as a small kid since both my parents worked. She used to tell me a ye olde england folk tale that if you leave half an eggshell unbroken a witch will use it as a boat and cause trouble for fishermen out at sea, so I always had to make sure to smash up egg shells after cooking and i still do that now out of habit 30+ years later

That's the kinda stuff I'm talking about!

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Typically when going around a corner, work or home, I'll give the corner or beam a quick double slap. Dunno why.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

JnnyThndrs posted:

When I’m at work- I manage a government fleet of cars, my office is in a large mechanic’s shop, so there are always cars and trucks everywhere - I find myself rapping once lightly with my knuckles on a fender or bed as I walk by. Like you would if you were checking for Bondo in a car you were interested in buying.

I don’t know why I do this, and worst of all, it’s catching, some of the mechanics do it too. Probably all those years of inhaling solvents.

When I worked in a metal/mechanic shop I would do the same thing to the trucks. Even found myself doing it to the forklifts. Which had solid tires.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

My mother is neither dumb nor arbitrary. Go nuts on my dad though.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lolling at ol’ Chipdick over here

Show some respect, that "Lt Chipcock"

Edit:

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I'll start the paperwork on promoting Lt. Cock to Capt. Chipdick immediately.

:hai:

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

DicktheCat posted:

Keep your head up, Zach.

My weird one is that I thank my car for her hard work when I get home. I don't always do it, but she's a machine that literally runs for hours and hours on end with very little fuss. I've only had to give her basic maintenance, and I'm grateful to have transportation.

I always thank my phone when I use voice commands.

"Hey Google, navigate home"

"Alright, going home"

"Thanks Google"

When the machines take over I hope they remember I was at least polite.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Wifi Toilet posted:

Do you also go through doors like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wof0xPUmW38

Were you in the military? What you're describing sounds kinda like the 270 degree turn right to go left move.

Edit, was meant to quote the previous poster

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

lol, dumbass rereg person spent like 40bux to post in this thread. seems on topic

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

aardwolf posted:

Pick up tongs.

*clack, clack*

Same. Seven years as a saute cook gives you weird little quirks like that. I also spin them around my finger when I'm in the zone. Thankfully at home. I still get nightmares that I'm back on the line. Never again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I also pinky out, but that's mostly due to having hosed up crooked pinkies and they don't bend as nicely as normal fingers