Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Das Boo posted:

I tie my shoes "wrong." When I was little I had trouble doing the normal bow, so my sister's boyfriend at the time taught me to cross two loops instead. I can tie my shoes the normal way now, but he's been dead almost 10 years and I still choose to tie my shoes the way he taught me. I dunno, it's like a gesture of remembrance.

I tie my shoes that way to this day.

At least when and if I have to. I mostly wear boots with zippers up the sides. But I totally get what you're saying. My kindergarten teacher got frustrated with my not being able to tie shoes the "proper" way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I do pretty much the same thing but I nibble around all the edges and by the time I'm done with the sandwich my hands are a chocolatey mess.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Das Boo posted:

Same. I've started forcing odds on myself to try and break the habit. Prime numbers still irritate me too much, though. One step at a time!

Another one: If there's a vegetable I don't like, I explore all manner of recipe until I find something I can work with. Then I eat it 'til I like it. VEGETABLES WILL NOT DEFEAT ME.

Current project is beets, which I can stand in a vinegar-based coleslaw. Otherwise they taste like a very rich, fresh dirt.

Have you tried making borscht? Beets also pair really nicely with goat cheese.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

500excf type r posted:

or pickled beets since the op likes vinegar

Ooh, good point. I guess I didn't think of that because most pickled beets I've had are the gross sweet kind. But a vinegar brine with savory spices sounds fantastic.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I have a sneezing problem and I always just feel awkward when people say 'bless you' and whatnot, especially since I tend to keep sneezing after they've said it.