Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Dominions 6: Jem! 06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbFosJPmJmI

More early game expansion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

How goes the diplomacising at this point of the game?

You've got the elfs you accidentally wiped out their expansion army of and your other neighbours

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Veloxyll posted:

How goes the diplomacising at this point of the game?

You've got the elfs you accidentally wiped out their expansion army of and your other neighbours

At that point it was a bit too early for that. And I was already sizing up Mekone for conquest, so I judged talking to be of not much use. I did talk to Vanheim's player for a bit, since that bump was really funny (like one of my Elf Lords just trying to solo the enemy on his own, or Vanheim's units just running forward piecemeal and getting suckered)

There'll be more diplomacy in the future, don't you worry.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dominions 6: Jem! 07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCdUDM08hGo

The early game phase slowly comes to a close, as I cruelly start planning our first real war.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

How far are we behind the game?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

I'm guessing you eventually remember that shedlord doesn't necessarily have to keep limping around forever?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mokotow posted:

How far are we behind the game?

Something like 30-40 turns at this point. But the game just ended, so we're now steadily moving up.

silentsnack posted:

I'm guessing you eventually remember that shedlord doesn't necessarily have to keep limping around forever?

If you're talking about afflictions, I think I "remembered" that at some point in the late Dominions 3 era, so it has been a couple years that I've known about this.

Now, will I actually talk about afflictions some more?`

(Yes)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dominions 6: Jem! 08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jidADPMRhKU

Our expansion on land may be blocked now, but there's still water

what do you mean, elves can't breath under water?

Edit:

By the way, in this update our Goddess awakes, and I totally fail to talk about the central point of this entire LP. Oops!

Libluini fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 29, 2024

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dominions 6: Jem! 09

Sorry for the delay! My work week was awful, and I came home late all the time, so the editing work has backlogged a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nre0orSkL7w

The SEA! Unending horizons! But also: Evil, brainwashing fishes. Huh. Maybe we should stay away instead?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Never the ocean, not even once

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Oh hey, I was in this game but got dumpstered very quickly as you can see in that last video

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dominions 6: Jem! 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evFttJeIJkw

Two new neighbors join the circus: Meet Caelum and Arco!

Also, more troop movements for our war with Mekone.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dominions 6: Jem! 11

It's the Easter Days! Rejoice, for celebrating our own real life pretender arising from the grave draws near! (Does this mean Jesus had death paths?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnwawzaHVuU

The preparations for the invasion of Mekone reach their final stage, and I actually show my pretender for a bit and talk about magic. Me, being competent for once? Don't worry, it won't last.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dominions 6: Jem! 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_y6UytYcM

Preparations are over. Elf vs. Giant, who will win? TNN troops are crossing the border, the War of Mekonian Liberation has begun.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dominions 6: Jem! 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWC4yQ586o8

The war against Mekonian aggression continues. Despite Mekone deploying the time-honored tradition of dumping a bunch of money into province defense, they can't stop us. For now, we are winning.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dominions 6: Jem! 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCftyn1BtnU

Mekone took a couple turns to react to our invasion, but now it's time for: Mekone strikes back!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Libluini posted:

If you're talking about afflictions, I think I "remembered" that at some point in the late Dominions 3 era, so it has been a couple years that I've known about this.

Now, will I actually talk about afflictions some more?`

Yes I was talking about the guy with a couple of afflictions and I was specifically referring to the fact you explicitly pointed out your god is a Healer(1), but you just set her to research and apparently immediately forgot about her. Which makes it even funnier several turns later that you're searching your provinces for recruitable healers and conclude you can't heal afflictions, when you already can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

silentsnack posted:

Yes I was talking about the guy with a couple of afflictions and I was specifically referring to the fact you explicitly pointed out your god is a Healer(1), but you just set her to research and apparently immediately forgot about her. Which makes it even funnier several turns later that you're searching your provinces for recruitable healers and conclude you can't heal afflictions, when you already can.

Oh, that was what you meant!

Yeah, it must have somehow slipped my mind to mention that I don't bother healing afflictions if the opportunity-cost is too high and they're not that bad. A mage that limps can still cast spells, after all.

Of course with Sidhe Lords, there's a certain mechanic that makes being crippled easy to ignore, as long as the animal they're riding isn't crippled, too.

We'll probably see this in later updates, since I've now created a whole bunch of walking Sidhe Lords. :v: