Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

If I eat real jerky it gets stuck in between my molars and it drives me loving nuts until I get a hold of floss so I only typically eat it if I'm prepared and honestly it's so expensive these days I just don't bother

I used to link jack links tender strips which seemed to be ground meat pressed into strips and jerkified... But last time I bought it it tasted weird and the price was up and I noticed they had added soy protein to it.

That wouldn't bother me but the flavor was way off and they were charging more money for cheaper ingredients. gently caress em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
oh, you don't carry floss on your person, in your vehicle and have it on hand in several rooms in your home?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ah yeah, that stuff is so good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hey OP! The jerky store called and they’re all out of YOU!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
holy gently caress thank you jerky thread posters, just got a big pack of pepper and a regular pack of old fashioned regular. both are easily some of the best jerky that i've ever had. peppered is sooooooo drat tasty.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!
Jerky is good, but I think I prefer Big Mama pickled sausage most days.

I think there's something wrong with me.

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY JOURNEYMAN SIGSMITH Dick Fontaine

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hey OP! The jerky store called and they’re all out of YOU!

Lol

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

This is the best one, really convenient to just pick one of these up from the shelf at the checkout and put it on your belt. And if you want to share you just drop the lock down and let people rip a piece off.

And since we need to care about mother Gaia and everything you can just toss it in the metal recycling bin when the reel is empty.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
If you're in New York, Ling Kees on Canal Street.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i like the gummier stuff tbh

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i design a bunch of "jerky" extruder equipment and it doesnt really make jerky. it takes meat that's been coarsely ground and pumped thru a vacuum filler and extruded through a sheeting nozzle to make meat strips. they're then taken and dehydrated to make the jerky. it's basically fruit leather except meat. its really good tho. actual legit jerky is ofc better but this meat leather conglomerate style is pretty good too, has the gnaw of real jerky but its a fair bit cheaper

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
https://mountainamericajerky.com/products/sampler-packs/

Years back I used to get stuff from these guys their fish jerky is quite good but looking at the prices now those are almost double what they used to be

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Rahu posted:

As a jerky enthusiast I can confirm that big John's is great. Been buying that stuff since around 2011 and I haven't found a jerky I like more.

E: actually I don't think I have bought any in over a year. Gonna go and put an order in now. Thanks for reminding me, op :tipshat:

Order came in this morning. Loving the korean bbq flavor.

That's some good jerky.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i made
my own beef jerky this week for the first time and i hadnt even seen this thread!

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

SIDS Vicious posted:

i made
my own beef jerky this week for the first time and i hadnt even seen this thread!

That looks like some proper jerky.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

SIDS Vicious posted:

i made

Close thread OP

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jack Links is wack, stinks.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Lmao

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
I'm back emboldened by not being probed for my previous shitposts to say the best beef jerky is Jennie-O "turkey bacon" that's been fried too long.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

what

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SIDS Vicious posted:

i made

Theyre twisted, just like you are on the inside. I would eat that jerky but I would have to listen to Korn and Slipknot while I did.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

crawling in my skin

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

SIDS Vicious posted:

i made

Does your mug say "It's been a long dog"

cause that would be a good mug

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Costco Meatballs posted:

Does your mug say "It's been a long dog"

cause that would be a good mug

lol just its been a long day but that would be betyer

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
make ur own, op.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Jack Links is wack, stinks.

It’s why they got Sasquatch as their mascot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_6ZojFRdVM

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

covidstomper58 posted:

This is the best one, really convenient to just pick one of these up from the shelf at the checkout and put it on your belt. And if you want to share you just drop the lock down and let people rip a piece off.

And since we need to care about mother Gaia and everything you can just toss it in the metal recycling bin when the reel is empty.

Beef Tape would make a great username too

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I like Mingua hot beef jerky but it's more expensive than a cheap steak now

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

SIDS Vicious posted:

i made

Having a smoker opens up many wonderful homemade foods. Beef, fish, pork, veggies, cheeses... You can smoke anything!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Internetjack posted:

Having a smoker opens up many wonderful homemade foods. Beef, fish, pork, veggies, cheeses... You can smoke anything!

Unless it's one of those wussy electric smokers

You gotta burn real wood

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

SIDS Vicious posted:

i made

that looks like some good jerky

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
meh, electric with soaked wood chips works fine. You do have to have at least half a brain to read the instructions; so there's that.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i just made it in my electric oven at 170 for 9 hours hanging on tooth picks from the top rack aluminum foil on the bottom rack and the door propped open a tiny tiny bit with a wooden spoon it turned out seriously fantastic its a new regular thing for sure

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
That's talent Sid, very nice

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I get these every year when we go to Government Camp on Mt. Hood. It's drat good.

https://beerjerky.com/gourmet-beer-wine-jerky/

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
Is that rabbit poo poo artfully strewn across the board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

SIDS Vicious posted:

i made

Looks good, like you could chaw on it around a campfire

Edit: I also make mine in the oven, at a slightly higher temp, door propped with a towel