Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Karma Comedian posted:

How much are were tickets?

35 fancy lad dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Karma Comedian posted:

well they were made of gold, so pretty pricey!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i got your golden ticket rite cheer

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Karma Comedian posted:

35 pounds, or just under $45.

Oh man people had weeks of forewarning to not waste their money on candy-themed ball pits

https://twitter.com/RossMcCaff/status/1762511972958974402

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

that guy owns

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"Well guys, I know you didn't want to spend a lot on your wedding decorations and the available space was that decommissioned steel plant. But, I think you're gonna be REALLY happy with what I was able to pull off with only 3 hours notice."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Willy Womp Womp :nallears:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

A Fancy Hat posted:

"Well guys, I know you didn't want to spend a lot on your wedding decorations and the available space was that decommissioned steel plant. But, I think you're gonna be REALLY happy with what I was able to pull off with only 3 hours notice."

We at at the Slinky and Rubik's Cube Appreciation Society were pleased as a punch, tyvm

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
of all the cities in western europe this ai scam guy tried it in the one you were most likely to get battered when it was revealed lol

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Did they not get the “sweet teats” they were promised?

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Did they not get the “sweet teats” they were promised?

THe oompa loompa lady was contractually obligated to dip her tits in confectioners sugar upon request, it's why she looks so done with life in that photo.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've sold ball pits to Shelbyville and North Haverbrook and by gum it put them on the map!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I bet that poor Oompa Loompa had to tell the kids (somberly and deadpan):

:geno: “Hey, kids, watch me make candy.” :geno:

*pours vinegar into baking soda*

:geno: “Ta daaaa.” :geno:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Oh god that face. That’s like, beyond normal UK misery. Poor lady’s probably just trying to make rent and ai bro is humiliating her for it.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

el dingo posted:

You sure about that?

touché

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

this is a silly news story, A+

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Hugh Grant truly was a trailblazer as someone who was openly miserable about being an Oompa Loompa.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Pretty sure that 4 foot by 3 foot fabric printout hanging on the sad wall was purchased direct from AliExpress and is just a blown-up portion of the box art for the Candy Land board game.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
According to Wikipedia, the original name for “Mike Teavee” in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was “Herpes Trout”.

This exhibition looks like there’s a Herpes Trout lying around somewhere.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Imagine spending 35 of the kings own pounds on this

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I dont see what the problem is

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

so proud :scotland:

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

One of the guys books is a Da Vinci Code knockoff where the AI literally just lifted the main characters name from the Da Vinci Code.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Subscribing purely because this situation is one of those where it feels like information will gradually trickle out that will make it even worse.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I hope they had a dude dressed as an oompa loompa playing "pure imagination" poorly with a recorder

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I hope one kid made it all the way through the exhibit and got to keep the throw blanket

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Let's play "Russia or Scotland"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

large hands posted:

Let's play "Russia or Scotland"

lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
where is Limmy in Scotland's hour of need

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/AlsikkanTV/status/1762488580843200930

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

“Immersive” Willy Wonka Exhibit Somehow Worse for Kids Than Original Chocolate Factory

quote:

According to “house of illuminati scam,” a Facebook group set up by disappointed attendees, both the event itself and the behind-the-scenes production were cause for concern. An actor hired by the company posted that the event was a “complete last minute shitshow” and mentioned that everyone’s contracts were signed in “erasable ink.” Another actor shared the scripts she was hired to learn, but claimed that she was told to “improvise” on the day of and alleged that the scripts were “AI generated.” An attendee lamented the lackluster production, saying “When [I] went in there [were] [no] lollies, chocolate fountains… House of illumshite”

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
I like how the organization that put this together called themselves the Illuminati.

I don't think they could pull of a new world order.

Edit: lmao. I would give anything to read the script this actor had.

quote:

Paul Connell, an actor who had been hired by the company to perform at the event, told STV News of his shock when he arrived at the warehouse and realised that the rubric he had been given was impossible to fulfil because none of the promised props or special effects were there.

“My heart sank looking around … I just felt sad because I was aware of how many kids were going to be coming through.

“We were told to hand the kids a couple of jelly beans and a quarter cup of lemonade at the end.”
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/27/glasgow-willy-wonka-experience-slammed-as-farce-as-tickets-refunded

William Bear fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 27, 2024

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Thanks for the new avatar, thread

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I wish I had the kind of audacity and lack of shame necessary to pull this off

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Smugworth posted:

I wish I had the kind of audacity and lack of shame necessary to pull this off
Why not do it in thread form? The title promises an OP that is filled with wonder, pure imagination and marvellous sights. The thread itself is the posting equivalent of a sad Oompa Loompa earning minimum wage.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
I bet a ton of news organizations are trying to track down Depressed Oompa Loompa right now for an interview.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

William Bear posted:

Edit: lmao. I would give anything to read the script this actor had.

Give me anything:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ZX568_6wCmvsvbxLGirDX1vVPsYH8qG/view?pli=1

I mean you could have basically generated it yourself though with chatGPT and got the same result. The opening is a bunch of lame pantomime gags which they probably would have gotten away with for a toddler audience, but BIG obvious issue is how much of it seems to rely on amazing effects they clearly dont have the budget for.

Also the script makes it clear this is NOT Willy Wonka trademark Warner Bros and is in fact actual OC character do not steal Willy McDuff

Original stage directions:

quote:

Willy McDuff: (holding up the Gobstopper) Behold, the culmination of imagination
and ingenuity—the Anti-Graffiti Gobstopper! A sweet so powerful, it can make any
room sparkle without lifting a finger. But it seems, our friend, The Unknown, would
rather use it for... less tidy purposes.

The Unknown: (sneering) That's right, McDuff. Imagine the chaos, the absolute
power of turning tidiness into turmoil. Hand it over, and I might consider sparing
your precious lab.

(The audience gasps, tension mounting as the two adversaries stand ready.)

Willy McDuff: (resolute) In the spirit of imagination and the pursuit of joy, I cannot
let that happen. If it's a showdown you want, it's a showdown you'll get!

(Suddenly, the room transforms into a battlefield of lights and lasers. Willy uses a
device resembling a futuristic remote, activating traps and illusions around the lab to
thwart The Unknown's advances.)

The Unknown: (dodging a beam of light) You think these parlor tricks will stop me?
I've come too far to be foiled now!

(He retaliates with his own device, shooting beams of light towards Willy, who
skillfully evades them, using the lab's inventions as shields and counters.)

Willy McDuff: (with a twinkle in his eye) It's not about stopping you with tricks, but
with creativity! For every dark intention, there's a light of innovation ready to shine
through!

(Willy activates a machine that releases a dazzling display of holographic images,
momentarily disorienting The Unknown. Seizing the opportunity, Willy sets the Anti-

Graffiti Gobstopper into a contraption that amplifies its clean-up capabilities, sending
a wave of sparkling cleanliness towards The Unknown, neutralizing his device and
rendering him harmless.)

The Unknown: (stumbling, caught in the sparkling wave) No! My plans, thwarted
by... tidiness?!

Final stage directions: just improv it out.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 27, 2024

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Why not do it in thread form? The title promises an OP that is filled with wonder, pure imagination and marvellous sights. The thread itself is the posting equivalent of a sad Oompa Loompa earning minimum wage.

Oh I guess you haven't seen my Please welcome GBS' newest moderator, Smugworth! thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
all y'all just aren't using enough imagination here