Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
but when Banksy makes a lovely theme park everyone says he's a genius and the lines go around the block

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

davidspackage posted:

Unsurprisingly, this piece of poo poo isn't just in the business of scamming parents. He's also opening and shutting charity organizations left and right to try and hoover up public funds, while claiming to provide aid and service that he doesn't deliver on. The article mentions one of his organizations providing advice about applying for benefits which then turns out to be wrong.

Scam charity money meant for poor people and you can get away with it for years.

Scam middle class parents out of £35 and you go to jail instantly.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Prettz posted:

is doom bathroom archived? I definitely missed that one

yup https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Less Is Definitely posted:

Fyre Festival is still my favorite disastrous event, but second place is pretty close now between DashCon and Willy's Chocolate Experience. Just amazing, amazing trainwrecks.

DashCon 2014
- Disorganized, mismanaged disaster
- Short-term cancellations of performances and panels people had paid money for
- People singing "We are the Champions" while they are being scammed
- "An extra hour in the ball pit" as compensation
- Attendees and staff taking the piss afterwards
- Organizers crying while apologizing on camera

Willy's Chocolate Experience 2024
- Disorganized, mismanaged disaster
- Abandoned warehouse with cheap props and costumes ordered from online stores
- AI-generated website and event script that was quickly abandoned
- Meth Lab Oompa Loompa
- The Unknown scaring children so badly they start to cry
- Attendees and staff taking the piss afterwards
- Organizer crying while apologizing on camera

The recent Bored Apes NFT convention where the attendees got eye damage from unshielded UV sterilization lamps has far exceeded any possible contender.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
The best part of the AI script, and a bunch of other AI "creative" bullshit, is where I can't tell if it's regurgitating the scripts for children's TV shows, or internet posters writing poo poo that parodies children's TV shows.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Alan Smithee posted:

I have one that’s lower case and one word. He was ruining my bad name in the marvel
Games thread or something

well, in your case it's a kinda self-inflicted wound mate

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

like, you chose the perfect name to have a bunch of low-quality imitators

it's a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Yeah, I feel like ironically recreating the Willy Wonka Experience loses the lovely charm the original Glasgow one had.

some LA 20-something young actors hamming it up for an audience of childless ironic internet dorks

it's gonna be even worse than the original