Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

super sweet best pal posted:

I like how sometimes there's actual props and other times there's just tarps and tables.

If it was legit you'd use a combination of props, backdrops and lighting, so by themselves the tarps aren't a red flag. IT's just all so half-assed.

It's basically a standard haunted house, except instead of spooky it's supposed to be whimsical. You gotta control the lighting for that. Big empty spaces in the cold light of day kill whatever magic the few props could have generated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Petition to reopen has over 3000 signatures https://www.change.org/p/reopen-the-beloved-glasgow-willy-wonka-experience

Oh, and https://willyschocolateexperience.com/ hasn't been taken down yet if you want to see it in all it's AI glory.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moon Slayer posted:

So was The Unknown was invented wholecloth by the chatbot or is that something from the original book (books?)? My knowledge of Wonka lore is sadly lacking.

Original character do not steal.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moon Slayer posted:

That rules, and it also rules that a bunch of idiot corporate people are going to take away "the kids must love AI created characters!" and endlessly try to recapture the lightning in a bottle.

Some of the kids burst into tears at the sight of the Unknown. I'm not sure they loved it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Alan Smithee posted:

the unknown still hasnt gotten her bag yet

Her own fault for hiding in the walls IMO.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

alexandriao posted:

I think part of what gets me is that £35 per entrant really isn't enough to fund or subsidize what was promised, which really should have been the first red flag.

100 people makes it £350 which is barely the price of renting a venue, let alone staffing and decoration and so on. I'd really be surprised if the guy who made it broke even, even with the meagre bullshit he was able to set up.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like a scam to me so much as a guy who underestimated how difficult other people's jobs are. Event planner is one of those jobs where if you do a great job it looks like you didn't do anything at all.

Get AI to write you a script and mock up some advertising. Book an inexpensive venue. Rent some decorations. Hire a few entertainers. Buy a few bags of jelly beans and some store brand lemonade. Easy peasy.

He probably lost money even before the refunds. Math is clearly not his strong point since he ran out of jelly beans. There's no excuse for that. He should know how many tickets he sold and be able to determine approximately how many jelly beans are in a bag and therefore how many bags he needs to provide every kid the promised Tasty Teat of 2 jelly beans.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Croccers posted:

What took the wind out of my sails for that one was it more than likely a hire company that gave them out as COOL LIGHT rather them asking for the eye-burning UV lights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DlfLthx89E

If you can think of a better way to keep the vampires away I'd like to hear it. Some people may have been temporarily blind, but everyone went home with all their blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Alan Smithee posted:

the gently caress kinda horse is that

a dead one