Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Oompa, Loompa, doompa-dee-do

I've got a deal too good to be true.

Oompa, Loompa, doompa-defunds

Payment up front and no refunds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

We are not affiliated with this "Dick Bone" person

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Local member of Oompa Loompa Union branch #459 expresses disapproval at event using scabs

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

AcidCat posted:

People are just gobbling up this Wonka fiasco, though it's already getting old seeing it pop up somehow in like every other thread.

The Facebook pages have news agencies from everywhere asking for people to weigh in

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I think the organizer escaped in some kind of magical glass elevator (shower stall hoisted by crane)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

lol but also it's vaguely heartwarming watching the actors, parents and kids at this thing try to make the most of it. Like the way Metha Loompa notices that kid starting to be disappointed and sidles over to try to make a difference with her tiny tube of jellybeans, and how Willy Fauxnka is creasing his brow hard to hide his own pain as tries to be jubilant about taking a photo with the big chocolate bar, etc.

I've decided the moral is that kindheartedness and community win out in the face of cynical scamming. That being said,

lmao

There's stuff on Facebook from attendees of The Unknown playing with a little kid and kids genuinely happy to get their pictures taken with the props.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

So was The Unknown was invented wholecloth by the chatbot or is that something from the original book (books?)? My knowledge of Wonka lore is sadly lacking.

The only thing that I can think of resembling it are the alien Vermicious Knids or the things Willy and Charlie confront on their elevator voyage to rescue Grandma Georgina from Minus Land.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Benny Harvey posted:

It's true. There's nothing we won't batter

I like my Mars bars like I like my con men

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Shannow posted:

Nightclub I work in in Glasgow getting in on it with jellybean cocktails tonight

This is gonna be on Spirit Halloween pegs in 8 months.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

This is a sweet story, thank you for sharing.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

So is the musical about the scandal or an adaptation of the original script?

Edit: I guess the whole event and scandal.

Maybe they'll make references to The Producers.

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 17, 2024

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

I can't be anywheeeeere!!!

I can't be anythiiiiiiiiing!

I'm all alooooone

I just want to atoooone

So throw me a boooone

To me, the Unknooooown

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Five hundred twenty-five men, women, and children

How many can you scam in a year?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I drew some drawings with A.IIIIIIIII.

My prompt was "chocolate factory thrilling"

I charged them euros, thirty-fiiiiive

I rented an abandoned building

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Das Boo posted:

:doh: I spent way too long trying to rhyme "warehouse" before abandoning it. "Building" is way more versatile.

I recommend OneLook for all your word finding needs. Like you can search for "*ing: warehouse* and it'll return all words ending in -ing related to warehouses.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

No city wants to be in Texas more than Calgary.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Tarkus posted:

Leave it to Edmonton to take a somewhat lovely idea and suck it dry of even the faintest of life. A loving mobile app.

Edmonton is just where the OP is from, it's being "put on" in Canada, Australia, and the US.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

What's weird is that it's happening on different dates in different cities.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Prince of the Bangles, a smobbit named Obliob and his friends must embrace destiny and return a magic bangle to the jewellers, as the gift receipt is in his name.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

This seems like the modern day version of when Marie Antoinette would go to a staged village and pretend to be a commoner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

I'm gonna take my imaginary friend group right up to that witch's castle and tell her what.

...are you talking about Wizard of Oz?