Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

AlbertFlasher posted:

Oh really cool.

Paging Beef to the Seoul thread. I repeat, Beef to the Seoul thread. Over.

hello yes my wife lives in seoul and grew up in gangnam. what would you like to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

does she know psy

she knows of him but doesn't think much of him

akadajet posted:

you mean from the song?!

yeah

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
also bob dobbs is dead is actually a korean, i'm just married to one. he can probably answer questions too

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jonny 290 posted:

i believe that peep no longer postulates from that particular polity, perhaps

yeah but he probably knows more about the country than i do

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

you wont be overwhelmed just go. you dont have forever

yeah. and i don't know what specifically jonny thinks would be overwhelming, but if it's the density, that's just going to get worse. same with bright ads and signs and poo poo all over the place

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

i spent 8 hours in an airport in South Korea, it seemed nice

their public transportation infrastructure is in general very nice

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jonny 290 posted:

i've never left the US and i only speak english! I'm sure it's common enough but, you know. i'm just a hillbilly

you'll do fine. because of the internet lots of koreans speak at least a little english now, and it's good to leave the us. it's not a good country

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
nah i have to update my passport too and saw that you can take your own photo now actually lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
just gonna quote myself from cjs

Beeftweeter posted:

well poo poo this is kinda hosed up

my wife's ipad is pretty beat up and her applecare+ expires 3/17. they don't honor applecare+ in korea (way to go apple, that's real loving convenient), so she wants to ship it here for me to get it replaced

but when she went to the post office, they told her that they can't send an ipad via EMS. that sounded like bullshit to me, so i looked it up and found this

quote:

① 현재 우체국에서는 니켈류 배터리를 제외하고 충전해서 사용하는 배터리는 종류, 용량에 상관없이 발송 불가하며,
② 배터리 분리 가능할 경우 본체만 발송 가능, 아이패드 등 일체(내장)형도 예외없이 발송 불가
* 배터리가 포함된 물품 : 노트북, 휴대폰 무선충전기, 아이패드, 전자책, 아이폰, 이발기, 전자담배, 전자사전, 체온기, 호버 보드, 혈압계, 휴대폰, 블루투스 헤드셋, 완구·장남감 등

which afaict translates to

quote:

① Currently, the post office cannot ship rechargeable batteries, regardless of type or capacity, except for nickel batteries.
② If the battery is removable, only the main body can be shipped. All-in-one (built-in) models such as iPads cannot be shipped, without exception.
* Items containing batteries: laptops, wireless mobile phone charger, iPad, e-books, iPhone, hair clippers, electronic cigarettes, electronic dictionaries, thermometers, hover boards, blood pressure monitors, mobile phones, Bluetooth headsets, toys, etc.

god loving damnit :argh:

apparently you can't use US applecare+ in korea, even though they offer applecare+ there. great loving going apple, this is extremely convenient