Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Tarkus posted:

I say as a fatty that I own my poor decisions. I'm very glad that people here can enjoy a moment of patting themselves on the back for their good decision making skills and discipline to keep themselves not fat.

I hope we can invite other people to come post. People who've made good, shrewd decisions. I invite them to post as well.

Absolutely, then it's much funnier when the pied piper comes to calling and they do get injured lol. Even better if it's in a dumb preventable manner that the prideful person can be forever harangued about how 'if you'd just been a little more careful...'

I do love a good setup, and the best part for that one is, it comes for everyone in the end :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Most rural folks are dipshits and they certainly possess zero "wisdom of the forest"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

redshirt posted:

Most rural folks are dipshits and they certainly possess zero "wisdom of the forest"

Please shovel don't hurt em

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The "Juicy Pear" jelly bean is awful. If you eat one by itself, then its kinda whatever since pear flavoring is kinda meh to begin with, the real problem is when you eat it with basically any other flavor jellybean. It begins to taste vaguely oysterish, its loving terrible. I don't think any other jellybean flavor has 0 combination potential like juicy pear, outside of the really weird "joke" flavors

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
The electoral college works as designed by the founding fathers: protect the interests of the American aristocracy against the working class' wishes for self-governance by muffling the reach of the popular vote.
Until the electoral college is abolished, Americans live under a sham democracy.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

redshirt posted:

When I was in boy scouts all the guys with CHUD dads and giant buck knives could barely pitch a tent and all dragged rear end when we went backpacking.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Time, by the motherfuckin' Electric Light Orchestra, is the best goddamned concept album of all time.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Stretching is a scam. If you want to look tight you gotta be tight.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
The toilet paper roll should just sit on top of the toilet, thus ending the debate about which way to hang it forever. (It's otherwise draped over the roll instead of under.)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rock and roll peaked in 1984

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Small town > big city

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Small town > big city

Chud alert

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bad Purchase posted:

yep, this site is a magnet for people who make good decisions, they're lining up to post right now

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The Hayes code did more damage than leaded gasoline, it brainwashed multiple generations into believing in a past that never existed and they will forever chase that dragon

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

The Hayes code did more damage than leaded gasoline, it brainwashed multiple generations into believing in a past that never existed and they will forever chase that dragon

Go on please

The Bible
May 8, 2010

redshirt posted:

I think the overall point is that as you get older, 30's and 40's, it isn't necessarily your elderly age that is causing your back and other issues, but rather your unhealthy life choices. Though age might play a factor.

I'm 41 now and I don't feel all that different from 30.

30 was when I got into fitness. My 20s were fast food and computer games, so no surprise 30 was better for me. I have kept up exercising (boxing, bicycle, running) so even now, I'm in decent shape and recover from injury as quickly as I ever did.

I was a network engineer up to my late 30s, teacher now, so the sedentary nature of work has been an issue, but the kids are in worse shape than you guys know. I see 14 year olds with joint and back problems serious enough to warrant daily medication. It's really sad.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Bible posted:

I'm 41 now and I don't feel all that different from 30.

30 was when I got into fitness. My 20s were fast food and computer games, so no surprise 30 was better for me. I have kept up exercising (boxing, bicycle, running) so even now, I'm in decent shape and recover from injury as quickly as I ever did.

I was a network engineer up to my late 30s, teacher now, so the sedentary nature of work has been an issue, but the kids are in worse shape than you guys know. I see 14 year olds with joint and back problems serious enough to warrant daily medication. It's really sad.

My man. Congrats on claiming your body and your life.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Most people doing the "everything hurts all the time as u age :smithicide:" bit are likely living sedentary lives and letting their bodies rot. Fitness, weight and nutrition are every bit as important as your mom told you growing up. If you manage at least two of these things you'll be in fairly good shape, if you can do all three you'll feel pretty drat good even in your late 30s and 40s.

I am so sick of idiots peddling their ancient "wisdom" as if that isn't complete and utter bullshit made up by frauds and charlatans.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

I am so sick of idiots peddling their ancient "wisdom" as if that isn't complete and utter bullshit made up by frauds and charlatans.

labeling yourself a "philosopher" and living in a barrel in the street while aggressively jerking off at anyone who tries to solicit you for commercial or political purposes is an extremely respectable, possibly the most respectable, career path. Exactly as it it has been for thousands of years.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

shame on an IGA posted:

labeling yourself a "philosopher" and living in a barrel in the street while aggressively jerking off at anyone who tries to solicit you for commercial or political purposes is an extremely respectable, possibly the most respectable, career path. Exactly as it it has been for thousands of years.

angrily shaking plucked chickens in peoples faces all day

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Generations come, and generations pass, and their fashions and ideologies are as fleeting as dust on the wind, yet all agree Diogenes was a total chad and pass the word down to their successors

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

redshirt posted:

Go on please

There's a good summary of it in this video at 2:30 (don't let the title fool you, it's not right wing trash)

https://youtu.be/jzMFoNZeZm0?feature=shared

Look at how closely the code lines up with conservative views - it's obviously a chicken and egg situation since the code was shaped by them, but media was meticulously censored and shaped. Even if it was 100% completely unintentional, it forever warped kids' views of the world and humanity.

It's why everything has to be on one polar end, it's why you can't use empathy to understand the motives of your enemies, it's why there's always a good guy and a bad guy, it's why history didn't happen the way it happened

E: i was thinking of the television code instead of the hays code but same difference

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 19, 2024

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

prior to the code hollywood films had Normal In Europe levels of titties and dong, we still haven't caught up to what was taken from us

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we got to see titties in romeo and juliet in 8th grade at public school, still don't know how they got away with it to this day

like a year or two later in american history, the teacher showed us dances with wolves, and had to get up and hold cardboard in front of the tv to block kevin costner's bare rear end

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

we got to see titties in romeo and juliet in 8th grade at public school, still don't know how they got away with it to this day

like a year or two later in american history, the teacher showed us dances with wolves, and had to get up and hold cardboard in front of the tv to block kevin costner's bare rear end

We saw hanging dick in my history class but it was Schindler's List, so yeah...

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Look all I'm saying is idiots want me to exercise, eat right, not be overweight and all I'm saying is what the gently caress do they know. So god drat stupid. I'll have you know I'm in my late thirties and have never been fit and yet here I am full of vim and vinegar. Exercise is a hoax.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

Look all I'm saying is idiots want me to exercise, eat right, not be overweight and all I'm saying is what the gently caress do they know. So god drat stupid. I'll have you know I'm in my late thirties and have never been fit and yet here I am full of vim and vinegar. Exercise is a hoax.

im sure it will continue to be that way and you will live a long and happy life :)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

this might not be the thread for you then bro

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

im sure it will continue to be that way and you will live a long and happy life :)

lol

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

bradzilla posted:

this might not be the thread for you then bro

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
If you work in construction, your skeleton will age faster than a British tv star.