Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

True Detective: Night Country was the best season of TD since season 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

people skip leg day because working your legs is hard. it takes way more mental effort. leg day skippers have a weak, feeble mind and very little self discipline. they are generally afraid of hard work and almost always parasites on society (most tech + finance bros skip leg day)

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

pencilhands posted:

does anyone actually like this guy?
Jealous of his cash liquefier I presume?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'm not saying we should burn those who skip leg day at a stake, I'm just saying deep down it's what they know they deserve.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Slugworth posted:

Jealous of his cash liquefier I presume?

I mean anyone who's tasted the pure delight that is a cash milk, milkshake would be an idiot not to be.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
People skip leg day because they hate squats and lunges.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

meanwhile im over here squatting while i post

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

people skip leg day because working your legs is hard. it takes way more mental effort. leg day skippers have a weak, feeble mind and very little self discipline. they are generally afraid of hard work and almost always parasites on society (most tech + finance bros skip leg day)

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

OP w a dumb/wrong take on lifting effectively.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Here's a truth OP's most recent posting gimmicks have been hella bad and falling flatter then a pancake. Massive L's from him. Before there was a certain charm to his strange style of posting but it's been lost like the sands of time.

No cap frfr

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saalkin posted:

Here's a truth OP's most recent posting gimmicks have been hella bad and falling flatter then a pancake. Massive L's from him. Before there was a certain charm to his strange style of posting but it's been lost like the sands of time.

No cap frfr

Sadly true. A direct result of OP skipping leg day.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

thsi

people with baby bird legs and muscles everywhere else look hilarious

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Saalkin posted:

No cap frfr

also this, except his entire career stretching all the way back to the original canpakes account

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

bradzilla posted:

also this, except his entire career stretching all the way back to the original canpakes account

You can't tell me sipping an island drink didn't bring a smerk to your face. In fact it's what inspired part of the friday crew tag I made.

But the way she loving goes

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

bradzilla posted:

thsi

Gonna double post in this rear end thread gently caress it.

The one gym I used to go to had this hella chicken legged mother fucker. He looked so stupid. Top heavy AF.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Taxation is theft bro!!!!!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!
You should skip leg day for the most part.....

and do cardio instead.

Squats are good though.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

nothing quite like the feeling of being so sore in the legs that walking up and down stairs is a challenge

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

redshirt posted:

You should skip leg day for the most part.....

and do cardio instead.

Squats are good though.

Everyone should do both strength and cardio.

Cardio does suck rear end though and I'll start doing it again soon I promise.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It took me over 3 years of cardio workouts before I started to like it. Love to see folks breaking a sweat just walking around while my heart rate stays near resting

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

bradzilla posted:

Love to see folks breaking a sweat just walking around while my heart rate stays near resting

:(

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

bradzilla posted:

It took me over 3 years of cardio workouts before I started to like it. Love to see folks breaking a sweat just walking around while my heart rate stays near resting

In 2019 I was kicking the stair masters rear end. Hitting 20min-30min sessions at a pretty good pace, even to the point I was thinking about doing one of the CN tower stair climbs.

The pandemic killed that poo poo for me :(

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Cycling for 20 years gave me legs like tree's, doing fuckall but that gave me the constitution and upper body of one of those ournaments that used car salesmen favour with the fan and the flappy arms

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!

Saalkin posted:

In 2019 I was kicking the stair masters rear end. Hitting 20min-30min sessions at a pretty good pace, even to the point I was thinking about doing one of the CN tower stair climbs.

The pandemic killed that poo poo for me :(

If you can do cardio while watching a show, it makes it much easier. I'd say reading too, but reading while doing cardio can be tough depending on circumstances.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

schools gave us "homework" to indoctrinate us into accepting our work life intruding on our personal life at an early age.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

redshirt posted:

If you can do cardio while watching a show, it makes it much easier. I'd say reading too, but reading while doing cardio can be tough depending on circumstances.

True, I should actually get on my gyms WiFi and watch something on plex while on the stairs.

I'll start soon I promise.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bitterandtwisted posted:

schools gave us "homework" to indoctrinate us into accepting our work life intruding on our personal life at an early age.

schools basically don't assign homework at all in primary school in ontario anymore :)

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
global warming is real as gently caress and there is nothing any one individual can do about it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Saalkin posted:

No cap frfr

It's never been good

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

bradzilla posted:

thsi

My father picked up some encouraging words when he was in Basic Training. "Stretch those birdlike muscles and emit shrill, birdlike shrieks."

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Maudib Arakkis posted:

-GBS is the normal guy forum just chilling and grilling and having a family and the other ones are for virgoons, cringe guys, etc.

This isnt a controversial take

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Saalkin posted:

No cap frfr

People over the age of 25 that talk and type like this are 2024's equivalent of a grandma wearing juicy couture sweatpants

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

MrQwerty posted:

The Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the Fourth Stimpire

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

The Loin King posted:

People over the age of 25 that talk and type like this are 2024's equivalent of a grandma wearing juicy couture sweatpants

I mean I get it but there are also grandmas these days that could definitely pull it off

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Vampire Panties posted:

global warming is real as gently caress and there is nothing any one individual can do about it

gently caress yeah and it's gonna kick rear end.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Rad-daddio posted:

going rock climbing in mid feburaury ftw

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

JamMaster Flash posted:

I mean I get it but there are also grandmas these days that could definitely pull it off

poo poo it was just big politics news in the US a few months ago that a grandma was getting her big fake boobs groped while giving a guy a handjob on camera in the audience of Beetlejuice: The Musical

Hell, that specific grandma is younger than me!

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 28, 2024

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rad-daddio posted:

the midwest will soon be coastal

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
All this climate change and California is just lush and green now and will be forever.

Suks about those island nations going underwater but thier vibes were probably off anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

this and also its happening way faster than most people realize, even many of the people who do know its real