Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol going back and reading the op and then the past 2 pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
Reality television is worse for people than fiction because the combination of scripted and real makes the scripted seem real when it's not, as opposed to the entirely scripted fiction content that has been curated for an effect.

This thread needs an IK to probe nerds and tell them to hit the chat thread with their nonsense(but the IK can't be the OP).

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mistle posted:

This thread needs an IK to probe nerds and tell them to hit the chat thread with their nonsense(but the IK can't be the OP).

the politics chat has been okay cause it fits the "truths folks dont want to hear" bill decently. i dont want it to dominate tho so yeah maybe pump the brakes on the hjeavy politics takes. i did tell timeliness understanders to gently caress off already

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Your ex wasn't the crazy one

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Super Store, Abbott Elementary, 30 Rock, The Office - you know all those recent comedies. They're the same show set in slightly different places. All of them are trying and failing to capture Airplane!/The Naked Gun style humor.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Super Store, Abbott Elementary, 30 Rock, The Office - you know all those recent comedies. They're the same show set in slightly different places. All of them are trying and failing to capture Airplane!/The Naked Gun style humor.

Airplane/Naked Gun is far,far better than any of those shows. They wink at the audience and they are pretty wholesome. Modern comedy seems pretty mean spirited in comparison.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 16, 2024

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Naked Gun is more contemporary to The Office and 30 Rock than The Office and 30 Rock are to today.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I feel blessed that I've seen none of them.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mistle posted:

Regular poo poo is as good or better than the gaming line, but they make it ugly as sin to sell the marked up gaming poo poo and appease aesthetics, and people buy it because that's easier than having to customize it.

with the death of optical media there's no excuse for having your computer in place where people have to look at it

nevertheless even IBM mainframes that no one will ever look at are subjected to market pressures to look cool

the fail is deep in the primate brain

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

tango alpha delta posted:

Airplane/Naked Gun is far,far better than any of those shows. They wink at the audience and they are pretty wholesome. Modern comedy seems pretty mean spirited in comparison.

timmy do you like movies about gladiators

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

A lot of posters saying IM GAY aren’t actually homosexual. Stolen gay valor imo

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Romulans did 9/11

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

shame on an IGA posted:

timmy do you like movies about gladiators

Stay the hell away from sW1chyboi

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
There is no truth. It's all wrong. It's all wrong.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

redshirt posted:

I feel blessed that I've seen none of them.

Same. They're a dime a dozen these days and all pretty much exactly the same (I know 30 Rock and The Office are older).

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Your ex wasn't the crazy one

She was but our combined brands of crazy didn’t mix well together.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Michael Myers kills people for having sex.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I do vote but I am well-aware that it is basically pointless, at least on the national level.

I'm from a very red state. My vote is meaningless. It changes nothing.

Even if it did, our system is a joke. Hillary kicked the poo poo out of Trump in 2016, but he still got to be president. Electoral College sure, but then Gore had that too in 2000, then the Supreme Court just yanked it away and chose the president themselves. Some of the Florida ballots for him had dimples on them, you see. Bush's did too, but that was fine. Only the ones for Gore weren't valid.

I still believe strongly in participation in local politics.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If you're tailgating, you're wrong and driving dangerously, regardless of how slow the tailgatee is going.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

If you're tailgating, you're wrong and driving dangerously, regardless of how slow the tailgatee is going.

HURRY THE gently caress UP

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Most people doing the "everything hurts all the time as u age :smithicide:" bit are likely living sedentary lives and letting their bodies rot. Fitness, weight and nutrition are every bit as important as your mom told you growing up. If you manage at least two of these things you'll be in fairly good shape, if you can do all three you'll feel pretty drat good even in your late 30s and 40s.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Most people doing the "everything hurts all the time as u age :smithicide:" bit are likely living sedentary lives and letting their bodies rot. Fitness, weight and nutrition are every bit as important as your mom told you growing up. If you manage at least two of these things you'll be in fairly good shape, if you can do all three you'll feel pretty drat good even in your late 30s and 40s.

the "im 30 now - muh back" meme is really sad to see :(

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Alien abduction is real and there's nothing you can do to stop it

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I’m gonna say that well over half of adults complaining vaguely about nebulous “pain” are just addicts.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

the "im 30 now - muh back" meme is really sad to see :(

this happened to me, and getting more into fitness (lifting) in my 30s was definitely a contributor. but both my parents had all sorts of disc problems requiring multiple back surgeries so it's probably just my weak and corrupted bloodline.

fortunately it's not crippling for me, just moderate pain that i've learned to live with. my sister (also 30s) has sciatica and when it's bad she can't work, can barely even get out of bed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't think it's normal to "destroy" the toilet everytime you eat Mexican food, but I'm usually too polite to say anything.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Bad Purchase posted:

this happened to me, and getting more into fitness (lifting) in my 30s was definitely a contributor. but both my parents had all sorts of disc problems requiring multiple back surgeries so it's probably just my weak and corrupted bloodline.

fortunately it's not crippling for me, just moderate pain that i've learned to live with. my sister (also 30s) has sciatica and when it's bad she can't work, can barely even get out of bed.

Same here, I had back growth problems growing up then ended up with multiple back injuries well before I was 20, one that tore a bit of my sciatic nerve which was easily the worst thing I've ever experienced.

Now my back just always hurts or gets hurt from menial tasks. I've been exercising more to try and strengthen it and my legs but it's still easy to throw my back if I so much as look at something on the floor.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Chief McHeath posted:

I’m gonna say that well over half of adults complaining vaguely about nebulous “pain” are just addicts.
Good news for the accuracy of this statement: if they weren't when they started complaining they're going to be afterwards.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

zedprime posted:

Good news for the accuracy of this statement: if they weren't when they started complaining they're going to be afterwards.

cue the Sacklers cackling?

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I had back problems in my 20s cause I was pulled to empty pallet trucks with rust pallet jacks. Water sure is heavy and essentially sliding it across metal skiis with zero momentum sure sucked. I couldn't get good momentum because I would have to stop as customers cut me off completely oblivious to the screeching sound.

Our bodies are ravaged by corporate greed and regulatory capture allowed by a out of touch wealthy career politicians and instead of working towards better life balance we are sold solutions as subscription services (medication, gym memberships, food plans).

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I think the overall point is that as you get older, 30's and 40's, it isn't necessarily your elderly age that is causing your back and other issues, but rather your unhealthy life choices. Though age might play a factor.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I herniated a few discs in highschool (1998) and my back ain't getting any better. I'm now old (40+) and I can gently caress myself up if I look at a door the wrong way.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
There's spine statistics that get drug out in spine court (I recently served on a spine court jury so I am an expert at spine court) and it's by 35, 30% of people have some sort of disc disease and by 60 90% have it. It's age related but since we aren't all hunched over Lowtaxes there's obviously some trick somewhere between don't let the corporate man reap your spine and don't treat your spine like it's job is to keep your fat rear end sitting up.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

zedprime posted:

There's spine statistics that get drug out in spine court (I recently served on a spine court jury so I am an expert at spine court) and it's by 35, 30% of people have some sort of disc disease and by 60 90% have it. It's age related but since we aren't all hunched over Lowtaxes there's obviously some trick somewhere between don't let the corporate man reap your spine and don't treat your spine like it's job is to keep your fat rear end sitting up.

Bailsman in Spine Court

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I’m 55 and my knees complain when I don’t bicycle at least a few miles a week. Bicycling is good for your knees.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

zedprime posted:

Standing desks need to be the de facto standard for everyone everywhere at all times

also regular office chairs should be regulated like cigarettes

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Vampire Panties posted:

Standing desks need to be the de facto standard for everyone everywhere at all times

also regular office chairs should be regulated like cigarettes

"Diplomatic immunity" I say while leaning back in my office chair and taking a drag out of a menorah of darts.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Extremely online Internet leftists are just cosplaying as the Khmer Rouge and should be ignored but because they are all well-off white computer touchers they have time to post all day every day.

Avocado is disgusting and people need to stop pretending that it isn't.

Birds aren't dinosaurs.

There should be two wholly separate Internets, one for Americans and then one for normal people.

Overpopulation isn't really the problem people think it is but the solution to it is to have lots of hot, hot gay sex.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mad Hamish posted:

Extremely online Internet leftists are just cosplaying as the Khmer Rouge and should be ignored but because they are all well-off white computer touchers they have time to post all day every day.

Avocado is disgusting and people need to stop pretending that it isn't.

Birds aren't dinosaurs.

There should be two wholly separate Internets, one for Americans and then one for normal people.

Overpopulation isn't really the problem people think it is but the solution to it is to have lots of hot, hot gay sex.

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

My position on avocado may be controversial but I stand by it.