Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mad Hamish posted:

My position on avocado may be controversial but I stand by it.

:hmmno: Avocado is delicious, but its not the health panacea that its made out to be

also birds are dinosaurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
If birds are dinosaurs then why don’t they have scales, chief?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Robobot posted:

If birds are dinosaurs then why don’t they have scales, chief?

Are scales what defines a dinosaur?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mash and spread a ripe avocado over ~4 slices of hearty whole wheat or multigrain toast, add some sliced raw red onion, salt, a quick blast from the pepper cannon, and a drizzle of a thick balsamic vinegar. maybe a little bit of shredded moz or parm too if you’re in the mood.

if that doesn’t get your tastebuds hootin and hollerin, well i don’t even want to consider such a sad and hollow existence

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

mash and spread

I'm down for this anytime

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Vampire Panties posted:

Are scales what defines a dinosaur?

Dinosaurs inspire a childlike sense of wonder and tbh even the fanciest of chickens is gonna have a hard time with that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

One can easily imagine how scales became feathers, or vice versa, I'm not sure which one was first

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i can easily imagine a lot of things with my minds eye. in fact im imagining right now

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mad Hamish posted:

Dinosaurs inspire a childlike sense of wonder and tbh even the fanciest of chickens is gonna have a hard time with that.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
- Me telling my date "wait I haven't even blasted the 'cado with my pepper cannon yet!"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Many workers have lovely physically demanding jobs that wear people out well before they should. I’m going to tell them to do yoga when they are young or this wouldn’t have happened to them.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Shift meeting yoga prevents injuries and disability and it's always hilarious seeing the tough guys too good to join in.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Avocado is mid

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

One of the best "Yoga" moves you can do for your back is arch it up there and hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat 3-5 times.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Like I’m not constantly doing that.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

my favourite yoga move for my back is lifting several hundred pounds from the ground and putting it down again

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

my favourite yoga move for my back is lifting several hundred pounds from the ground and putting it down again

goat yoga becoming hardcore

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

once you practice that move enough, you can even start adding weights

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's just arching your back a bit in the morning, jesus.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

redshirt posted:

One of the best "Yoga" moves you can do for your back is arch it up there and hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat 3-5 times.

arched back, 3-5 thrusts, i'm familiar

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

redshirt posted:

I think the overall point is that as you get older, 30's and 40's, it isn't necessarily your elderly age that is causing your back and other issues, but rather your unhealthy life choices. Though age might play a factor.

Nah there's plenty of disabled people in the world who are disabled by no fault of their own, and age can absolutely be a factor, this is some Just World fallacy poo poo because you're healthy and fit. I'm glad you are but don't make the mistake of thinking everyone's body works just like yours.

This is the sorta logic that, taken to its extreme, leads to people harassing ambulatory wheelchair users for being 'lazy' because some days they can walk and some days they can't. 'you could walk all the time if you just strengthened your back and your leg muscles!' nooo no no no. It doesn't work that way for everyone.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 18, 2024

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

it is, statistically, true, howveer

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Nah there's plenty of disabled people in the world who are disabled by no fault of their own, and age can absolutely be a factor, this is some Just World fallacy poo poo because you're healthy and fit. I'm glad you are but don't make the mistake of thinking everyone's body works just like yours.

This is the sorta logic that, taken to its extreme, leads to people harassing partial wheelchair users for being 'lazy' because some days they can walk and some days they can't.

OK Let me rephrase: There are a lot of fat asses blaming their bad back or whatever on their age when the fact is it's because they are a fatass.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i feel a "being fat isn't a choice" tangent brewing. LOTTA truths folks dont want to hear and aint ready for in that one for sure

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I can't blame my bad back on age or unhealthy life choices because my ligaments were already all hosed by genetics by the time I was 18 :smug:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

i feel a "being fat isn't a choice" tangent brewing. LOTTA truths folks dont want to hear and aint ready for in that one for sure

Wow he pre-mods. Impressive. :)

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Nah I don't really have a fat being a choice thing going, it's just that 'everyone is too fat and that's their real problem, literally all of their health problems are bc they're fat' is not a unique, new, or even radical take, it's how most of America feels about everyone else around them.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

drat 2010 is back baby!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

im fat and loving it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

im fat and loving it

happy for u brother :)

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Some people feel bad about being overweight... their appearance and impaired physicality, and may have health issues related to it that will only get worse.

Some of those people are too exhausted from having a job to excercise, and too busy to not just pickup mcdonalds, and eat treats every night because it's how they deal with all the stress.

Sounds like some people are proper hosed.

Oh, and some people just drink and smoke, so we'll die early too but we'll get to be smug and drunk until cancer and organ failure ruin the fun.

Pick your hard I guess.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

redshirt posted:

You talkin cat pose? Gotta alternate it with the cow. If you can learn to do it really quickly, you can scare the mailman

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

one thing a lot of people i know with back issues have in common, especially mid and low back, is that they're tall

i think the closer you are proportioned to a fantasy dwarf, the more enduring your spine will be

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I say as a fatty that I own my poor decisions. I'm very glad that people here can enjoy a moment of patting themselves on the back for their good decision making skills and discipline to keep themselves not fat.

I hope we can invite other people to come post. People who've made good, shrewd decisions. I invite them to post as well.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Flowers for QAnon posted:

You talkin cat pose? Gotta alternate it with the cow. If you can learn to do it really quickly, you can scare the mailman

I ain't never seen a cat do that

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yep, this site is a magnet for people who make good decisions, they're lining up to post right now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

one thing a lot of people i know with back issues have in common, especially mid and low back, is that they're tall

i think the closer you are proportioned to a fantasy dwarf, the more enduring your spine will be

yeah being tall and back problems go hand in hand

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

yep, this site is a magnet for people who make good decisions, they're lining up to post right now

lol this

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tarkus posted:

I say as a fatty that I own my poor decisions. I'm very glad that people here can enjoy a moment of patting themselves on the back for their good decision making skills and discipline to keep themselves not fat.

I hope we can invite other people to come post. People who've made good, shrewd decisions. I invite them to post as well.

I'm not actually very fat, I'm sorry for lying to others who actually are. I did buy two corned beefs over the weekend though and will probably eat one tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
American fat is a whole other level of fat compared to the rest of the world.