Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Life is chaos, death is order.

Thats right, dad, gently caress your rules! They're dead! DEAD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

There are material limits to exponential growth. Progression and proliferation of technological marvels will soon be increasingly difficult and inequitable, until we are literally going backwards. An increasingly destabilized and desperate world will not allow the industrialized global supply chain to support the things we now enjoy.

We aren't colonizing space. It will (relatively) soon be out of reach.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

I find it arrogant to think that just because we don't have the means, knowledge or ability to live/work/play in space on any scale right now, that we can't or won't ever in the future. The first flight from London to France was just over 100 years ago. 50 years later we had people on the dang moon. To pretend we know what space technology and the capabilities of it will look like in 50, 100, 500, 5000 years would be incredibly stupid.

:ironicat:

Just in case you're not trolling...the idea that "humans have always progressed and colonized and thus always will" can't escape the material reality of the world we built that allowed these amazing and recent innovations. It's like "line will go up forever because it always has". Funny you used the terms arrogant and stupid.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Delicious animals started it by eating all those innocent plants. Meat is justice!

*slicing into dinner* look at all these nutrients. Ill-gotten no doubt!

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

I once thought of the perfect tattoo, and it ended up being an amalgamation of "lord, give me the...", and the tri-force. I am glad I didn't get it.

I also hope to continue to change, so present me better have something real drat important to say if they gonna tattoo it in future me's skin.

And, as always, gently caress you too past me!

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Don't worry. People will stop posting politics as they slowly give in and accept we're hosed.

No wait we'll continue to watch it in real time. SMDH!

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

The vast systems we've built are beyond our control, and they've irrevocably diminished the capacity of our only home to support human life. The material reality is that biosphere diversity and global population levels are going to take an enormous hit, and its already begun.

Oh, the truth you don't want to hear and ain't ready for is I wish it'd hurry up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Some people feel bad about being overweight... their appearance and impaired physicality, and may have health issues related to it that will only get worse.

Some of those people are too exhausted from having a job to excercise, and too busy to not just pickup mcdonalds, and eat treats every night because it's how they deal with all the stress.

Sounds like some people are proper hosed.

Oh, and some people just drink and smoke, so we'll die early too but we'll get to be smug and drunk until cancer and organ failure ruin the fun.

Pick your hard I guess.