Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Slugworth posted:

Jealous of his cash liquefier I presume?

He's a good poster, just hard to take financial planning advice from a trust fund baby very seriously. He was born already set for life. His parents did everything for him, anything he does is basically just a hobby. He doesn't need to succeed at anything. Failure is an emotional setback, but it won't ruin him.

And yes, I'm jealous, but not bitter. I wouldn't turn down life on easy mode either, if it were offered to me.

I'm at peace with how hosed I am, anyway. When I become a burden on my son, I'll research whatever pills you shouldn't mix with alcohol and down enough to kill an elephant. gently caress being elderly and living in squalor. Until then, his future is the only one that matters to me. I had a pretty decent run regardless, as long as you don't count my childhood.

Edit: I never got the 3O hate. Any thread I've seen him in, he's either average or pretty good (bitcoin thread). He has it easier than most of us, but that's cool. I wish everyone could have a deal like that.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

syntaxfunction posted:

The "no such thing as free will" is on the same level as "we're all just the universe" in that it's kind of a fun philosophical soundbite but doesn't really have any meaningful application or use.

On one hand if free will doesn't exist in the purest sense then why have laws, but on the other it does lend credence to why, in fact, you are hitting yourself.

It's just a time-waster. Similar to arguing over the existence of an afterlife. If there isn't one, you'll never know you were wrong.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

the moon and its percieved "phases" have absolutely no notable effect on your sleep

Or anything regarding your personality. Ditto for the placement of the stars.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I do vote but I am well-aware that it is basically pointless, at least on the national level.

I'm from a very red state. My vote is meaningless. It changes nothing.

Even if it did, our system is a joke. Hillary kicked the poo poo out of Trump in 2016, but he still got to be president. Electoral College sure, but then Gore had that too in 2000, then the Supreme Court just yanked it away and chose the president themselves. Some of the Florida ballots for him had dimples on them, you see. Bush's did too, but that was fine. Only the ones for Gore weren't valid.

I still believe strongly in participation in local politics.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

redshirt posted:

I think the overall point is that as you get older, 30's and 40's, it isn't necessarily your elderly age that is causing your back and other issues, but rather your unhealthy life choices. Though age might play a factor.

I'm 41 now and I don't feel all that different from 30.

30 was when I got into fitness. My 20s were fast food and computer games, so no surprise 30 was better for me. I have kept up exercising (boxing, bicycle, running) so even now, I'm in decent shape and recover from injury as quickly as I ever did.

I was a network engineer up to my late 30s, teacher now, so the sedentary nature of work has been an issue, but the kids are in worse shape than you guys know. I see 14 year olds with joint and back problems serious enough to warrant daily medication. It's really sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

we got to see titties in romeo and juliet in 8th grade at public school, still don't know how they got away with it to this day

like a year or two later in american history, the teacher showed us dances with wolves, and had to get up and hold cardboard in front of the tv to block kevin costner's bare rear end

We saw hanging dick in my history class but it was Schindler's List, so yeah...