Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Even if Armageddon happens during your lifetime it won't bury your failures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

MrQwerty posted:

embrace how lovely everything is and live your life to the fullest imo

Genuinely a core tenet of the meaning of life

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

It's possible for a penis to be too large

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

There have been plenty of time travelers, but the whole space expanding at random rates thing left them drifting in the cold void

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Nah, you can't spell cuntry without "oval office" and the big open spaces of freedomland is full of them

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

There's a big difference between "the kids nowadays are too disrespectful!" and watching the core chunks of society, employment, medicine, and safety be systematically attacked by capital tools and powers that didn't used to exist

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Just word the answer differently, "I became a vegan as soon as i understood [topic]"

I personally think meat is too deeply ingrained in humanity - as abhorrent and brutal as the industry can be, i don't think they're any hope of it receding until lab grown meat is abundant and cheap

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Water is a molten rock, we just happen to live on a lava planet

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Trans activists are fighting against their own cause. A male/female dichotomy is the entire toolset of the patriarchy, and reinforcing the importance of publicly being any specific gender (including non-male/female) only strengthens the system they hate. Anyone that believes gender is a spectrum should be fighting for gender as a whole to be considered as intimate and functionally irrelevant to your professional life as your religion or sexual preferences

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

Nine times out of ten, violent revolution makes things significantly worse for everyone involved. Especially when you have absolutely zero plan beyond "Kill the people I hate, then everyone will magically be a paradise of equality"

What are the best examples of times that societal structure was changed and entrenched power was removed against its will in a completely nonviolent movement led by its own people?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Your ex wasn't the crazy one

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

The Hayes code did more damage than leaded gasoline, it brainwashed multiple generations into believing in a past that never existed and they will forever chase that dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

redshirt posted:

Go on please

There's a good summary of it in this video at 2:30 (don't let the title fool you, it's not right wing trash)

https://youtu.be/jzMFoNZeZm0?feature=shared

Look at how closely the code lines up with conservative views - it's obviously a chicken and egg situation since the code was shaped by them, but media was meticulously censored and shaped. Even if it was 100% completely unintentional, it forever warped kids' views of the world and humanity.

It's why everything has to be on one polar end, it's why you can't use empathy to understand the motives of your enemies, it's why there's always a good guy and a bad guy, it's why history didn't happen the way it happened

E: i was thinking of the television code instead of the hays code but same difference

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 19, 2024