Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Tarkus posted:

Wasting semen without intent to procreate is an affront to God.

Easy enough, just gotta convince God that I had every intention of getting my shower floor pregnant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Politics are just sports for people that like to get angry instead of excited.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Bad Purchase posted:

factory farming and slaughtering of livestock are one of the things that kids textbooks in 1000 years will portray as a barbaric ancient practice

just kidding, there won't be a civilization in 1000 years to judge us

Nah, if it hasn’t changed in 11000 years it ain’t gonna change until we’re gone. You may be right about no civilization in 1000 years, but my money would be on some kind of nuclear war and not so much on climate change being the cause. Humans have survived climate changes before, it might not be fun but we’ll be able to do it again.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Bad Purchase posted:

huh? lots of ancient customs are gone or at least no longer mainstream practices. norms change all the drat time, the only eternal element of humanity is drawing dicks on stuff

Meat and veggies and water will always be what humans eat until we evolve past tastebuds and emotions and start subsiding 100% on nutrient drips supplied through our envirosuits or something.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Bad Purchase posted:

most of the foods we eat now didn't exist for the majority of our species time on earth, but ok

What did we used to eat that wasn’t a plant or animal that doesn’t exist now? Genuinely asking here, not trying to be smug or contrarian.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Ah! I get what they were saying now. Those are still plants and animals, but point taken. Guess we’ll just have to come back to this thread in 1000 years to see who was correct.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Bro…bro…bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
If birds are dinosaurs then why don’t they have scales, chief?