Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

housing, food, and healthcare may seem expensive now, but they’re the cheapest they’ll be for the rest of your life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

joe biden will likely end up as the best and most effective us president in our lifetimes

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

although the price and ubiquity may fool you, ketchup is an incredibly well refined, exquisite sauce

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

olives are a top tier fruit

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

astronauts were not bored on the moon

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Zugzwang posted:

Nobody knows what the gently caress is going to happen during or after November.

the mode shift to nutting from no nutting is chaos distilled

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we’ll simply relocate yo mamma to the moon to impart earth-like gravity

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you game on a PC, work on a mac, simple as

unless you’re in a corporate environment, then you also work on a PC, a sick, putrescent PC that begs every day for final death that will not come, in a roiling miasma of management, logging, security, and vpn software and policies

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

speaking of recycling, quite a lot of municipal recycling just gets landfilled now, though it depends very much where you live and how much they'll subsidize. plastic recycling isn't economically viable anywhere though, and where i live they don't take glass either.

i still clean out my cans, plastic containers, and paper and toss them into the big bin on wednesday, but i'm pretty sure i'm just wasting time and water

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

factory farming and slaughtering of livestock are one of the things that kids textbooks in 1000 years will portray as a barbaric ancient practice

just kidding, there won't be a civilization in 1000 years to judge us

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

redshirt posted:

I have eaten an incredibly healthy diet over the past 30 years because of vegetarianism. For one example, think of no fast food.

This no doubt has positive health benefits in the long term for most.

taco bell has a lot of vegetarian options

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

huh? lots of ancient customs are gone or at least no longer mainstream practices. norms change all the drat time, the only eternal element of humanity is drawing dicks on stuff

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

freakin chipotle is cheaper than burger king now, i'm losing it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

most of the foods we eat now didn't exist for the majority of our species time on earth, but ok

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Time_pants posted:

Tell me how a middle class person will get into orbit. I'm genuinely curious.

all it takes is delta v, simple as

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

and with enough discourse one may finally achieve a dialectic

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just as i predicted, dialectic has been achieved

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

my first tattoo that i wanted was spqr, the laurels, and a roman fasces, when i was a teen/early 20s cause i was hella into the classics lol

glad to not have that on my body these days

ah, that explains your love of forums, an invention of ancient greece. and the fasces, well, you are a moderator.

the subconscious finds ways of expressing our innermost desires one way or another

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

actually i’m being subversive by not having video game or pop culture tattoos

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

submersibles making short work of billionaires lately

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

speculating about the bones, what became of them do ya reckon?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

american democracy is basically a lost cause and there is no salvaging it. it's too far gone

that's ok, we'll have a few years of the zuck/musk/bezos triumvirate before zuck emerges as the augustus he was born to be and leads the USA to centuries of glorious empire

i'm psyched for it, can't believe i'll live to see it happen. millennials are truly the most blessed generation to live in such pivotal times.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we have a restaurant here called new york fries and they charge like $25 for a poutine lol

that's the same price they charge for a large cajun fries at five guys

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

redshirt posted:

Most folks don't have any idea how their government works.

they're called congressmen and congresswomen

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the "im 30 now - muh back" meme is really sad to see :(

this happened to me, and getting more into fitness (lifting) in my 30s was definitely a contributor. but both my parents had all sorts of disc problems requiring multiple back surgeries so it's probably just my weak and corrupted bloodline.

fortunately it's not crippling for me, just moderate pain that i've learned to live with. my sister (also 30s) has sciatica and when it's bad she can't work, can barely even get out of bed.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mash and spread a ripe avocado over ~4 slices of hearty whole wheat or multigrain toast, add some sliced raw red onion, salt, a quick blast from the pepper cannon, and a drizzle of a thick balsamic vinegar. maybe a little bit of shredded moz or parm too if you’re in the mood.

if that doesn’t get your tastebuds hootin and hollerin, well i don’t even want to consider such a sad and hollow existence

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my favourite yoga move for my back is lifting several hundred pounds from the ground and putting it down again

once you practice that move enough, you can even start adding weights

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

redshirt posted:

One of the best "Yoga" moves you can do for your back is arch it up there and hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat 3-5 times.

arched back, 3-5 thrusts, i'm familiar

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

one thing a lot of people i know with back issues have in common, especially mid and low back, is that they're tall

i think the closer you are proportioned to a fantasy dwarf, the more enduring your spine will be

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yep, this site is a magnet for people who make good decisions, they're lining up to post right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we got to see titties in romeo and juliet in 8th grade at public school, still don't know how they got away with it to this day

like a year or two later in american history, the teacher showed us dances with wolves, and had to get up and hold cardboard in front of the tv to block kevin costner's bare rear end