Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Rubber Chicken posted:

I mean that was probably explained in the walkthrough that we don't see

Are you suggesting Jeff just made that up on the spot? Could be of course, but there's no evidence
Yeah I pretty much am, it’s not like a big conspiracy though

It’s not like anyone has the power to stop him from doing that anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Seems like if he was just making it up on the spot to help Hunter he wouldn't make him go back across his own bridge and around. It seemed like he was referencing established rules.

But maybe not.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've been trying to figure out a winners tier list and I just cant come up with anything so please enjoy these blobs

Tier 1
Maria
Tiff
Charlie
Kenzie
Ben

Tier 2
Liz
Q
Venus

I just feel like the only thing I'm sure about is that nobody on the jury or in the t1 list respects the game (or just as a person outright) any of the people in t2.

now watch that be the final 3.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Survivor: Oops! All Goats

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Studio posted:

I mean, J'tia is a successful nuclear engineer. I do not gather a lot of information from someone's survivor skills vs their day to day life because that's how fans turn into The Worst

I get that, and J'Tia got a particularly awful edit, but many doctors have to make tons of critical decisions on a daily basis and under intense pressure and stress. I said I'm kind of being an rear end in a top hat with that remark, but he displayed exceptionally poor decision-making under pressure, specifically.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

I get that, and J'Tia got a particularly awful edit, but many doctors have to make tons of critical decisions on a daily basis and under intense pressure and stress. I said I'm kind of being an rear end in a top hat with that remark, but he displayed exceptionally poor decision-making under pressure, specifically.

Boo this take. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Probable winner picks: Maria, Kenzie
Outside chance: Charlie, Ben, Tiff
No real shot: Liz
0 Vote Finalist: Venus, Q

Right now it feels like Kenzie’s game to lose, which makes the premerge combined with her redemption arc make more sense. I do think her moves are going to catch up with her though.

Maria is the other possibility for me; Kenzie might have betrayed Tiff too soon and the preview implies that Maria is going to do some aggressive stuff next time. I think as Kenzie’s stock falls Maria’s will rise.

Charlie’s been talking to us a lot but he hasn’t been driving anything, and his game is explicitly tied to Maria’s in a way that feels like they’ve set up a poetic payoff (Maria is Charlie’s Denise, and Denise won)

Ben seems like this season’s Fabio in that he has a decent shot if he gets to the end because he hasn’t mistreated anyone and seems fine to be around. But in the New Era that may not be enough.

I think Tiff’s game is still pretty sunk with Q and Kenzie both going rogue on her, but she still has her stupid idol so she’ll probably be safe till about when they expire.

Liz’s whole story is about the entrepreneur of countless stupid companies being unable to fill out a Survivor resumé despite her best efforts. It seems like that might get wrapped up this next week.

Listen to the way everyone has talked to and about Venus from the start of the game, including Hunter this last week. Nobody likes or respects Venus. The only way she’d get replaced as the stone cold lock of the century zero vote goat at this point is for someone to do the type of stuff Q did.

Q totally blew up not only his own game but multiple others; he can’t win but he might get dragged to the end.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Just from the edit I think I'd put Charlie ahead of Maria now. Kenzie obviously the frontrunner and then Ben/Tiff behind those 3. Just hoping we don't end up with Venus and Q in the FTC since it'll just be 40 minutes or so of the jury patting the winner on the back and making GBS threads on those 2.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

Ah.

Kenzie overstepped but I think she and Tiff might still be good. She has the social prowess to talk her way out of throwing out Tiff's name. "I had to distance us from each other to keep us from being targets" or something. It's really wild that those two and Charlie/Maria are the only things even close to alliances at this point. I do think the cast mostly sucks at Survivor but it will be genuinely fun to watch things play out from here.

Tiff does not strike me as someone who is going to buy anyone’s bullshit

She might have to keep the relationship going out of lack of other options, but no way she’ll ever trust her again

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

getting suspicious of ben's continued narrator edit this deep in...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STING 64 posted:

he's definitely at the back of the pack in terms of being a threat, I could see everyone above him just taking each other out leaving a final four of him, Liz, Q, and Venus

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I think we have quite a few narrator edits among the remaining players.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

STING 64 posted:

you should be, he's not our narrator

(it's Charlie, mostly)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just got this feeling he might fabio this whole thing

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

It's possible but he's gonna have to go on an immunity run and also win at Mandatory Fire

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I know it requires a certain level of self awareness but I don't know how there's not at least a conversation about how these goats desperately need each other. Like if you're Liz, Q, or Venus, that's the only final three where you have any shot, so you have to write literally anyone else's name down going forward.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Popero posted:

I know it requires a certain level of self awareness but I don't know how there's not at least a conversation about how these goats desperately need each other. Like if you're Liz, Q, or Venus, that's the only final three where you have any shot, so you have to write literally anyone else's name down going forward.

Yeah, when I saw the three of them get paired together for the challenge I immediately thought 'oh that's the Final 3 all of them should be going for.'

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Thanks, I hate it, but it would be a really fitting end to this whole mess. I can think of worse winners than Liz, though.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

obliriovrons posted:

Honestly, their camera cover at these tribals is really impressive, too. Seems like they're set up well to handle whatever weird direction tribal takes and are able to shoot it all very well.

Also, nice to see a tribal that only moderately descends into chaos and everyone stays seated. I missed those tribals!

I'm fairly sure that the 'half pull it out of the pocket, stuff it back in' shots were shot after the fact. And I think they were staged shots, not 'oh, we saw you do it, but didn't catch it on camera.'

They've always staged and restaged things they happened to not get on camera. The hotel fight where Colby was just sitting around watching TV being the most famous one, as I recall.

Also, it's time for Survivor 47: Gen X vs Millennials vs Gen Z.

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 26, 2024

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I was just watchin Treasure Island

Lmao

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I feel like we’re setting up for a Maria/Charlie/Venus final 3 where Maria explains how she was in charge of everything, Charlie tries to pretend he had more influence than he actually did and Venus says a bunch of random poo poo nobody listens to.

Q is a perfect goat but I don’t think anyone will be able to stand being around him until the end.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Q is a great goat if he makes it to the end but he's chaotic and depending on him (as shown by The Six) is clearly a death sentence. I think he's going down, maybe not immediately, but he's still threatening despite being Q.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Truther Vandross posted:

I feel like we’re setting up for a Maria/Charlie/Venus final 3 where Maria explains how she was in charge of everything, Charlie tries to pretend he had more influence than he actually did and Venus says a bunch of random poo poo nobody listens to.

Q is a perfect goat but I don’t think anyone will be able to stand being around him until the end.

Yeah pretty much all of this is one of the more likely ways I see this going too

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if q goes to the final 4 and doesnt win immunity hes 100% going to ask to be put to fire

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Q is insanely entertaining and is great tv. Truly Coach 2.0. A worthy successor to the crown of hilariously biggest dummy.

Viva Q

Viva Venus

Long live Quenus

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
About to start watching Cook Islands and lol they split them up by race? Oh 2006.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

KingKapalone posted:

About to start watching Cook Islands and lol they split them up by race? Oh 2006.

Cook Islands loving rules, enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

SweetJahasus posted:

Q is insanely entertaining and is great tv. Truly Coach 2.0. A worthy successor to the crown of hilariously biggest dummy.

Viva Q

Viva Venus

Long live Quenus

Q would never come close to the dragonslayer