Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

njsykora posted:

I love a blindside where the victim is clearly seething about it and not looking back to go "great move guys!" Doesn't happen enough these days, she looked like she couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I don't know who that "aw shucks good moves" attitude is for but I hate it. It's worse than being a sore loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STING 64 posted:

i def think anyone from this thread would have smoked that challenge in maybe one or two minutes tho

I might have done worse than Hunter tbqh

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
First good episode of the season. Maria and Ben are two of only 3-4 that I like this season so glad to see them have a good episode and seem setup well for the long haul.

Figured rehiding the beware advantage was going to come back to bite Jem at some point. Just totally pointless move. If anything it probably even hurt her tribe since they wasted so much energy digging a massive hole and getting owned by ants.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Poque posted:

Also am I just burnt out on this season or was that episode boring as hell? I would normally love a good blindside but it didn't feel very well-developed.

Bad season overall but decent episode

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

There’s also a lot of loving bad seasons of the show that are fine to skip. After we watched Heroes/Villains and the seasons leading up to it we skipped around too. Only difference is I kept a spreadsheet and read a bunch of stuff about the seasons in order

All that is to say I’m mildly disappointed in Hunter but I get it, especially being in the middle of actually playing the game

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Funny to see the old clips after asking here about old seasons to watch. I definitely remember Rupert so I must have seen Pearl Islands and I was in high school in 2003 and that's when I was watching. I didn't know who Sandra was when watching Traitors though so I'm sure I could rewatch with my wife and it would all seem new.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I would have nailed that challenge in seconds, but I have the perspective to be sort of ashamed of that.

From the pre-season press, I pegged Jem as someone who was going to overplay her way out early. Maria, and to a lesser extent Charlie and Q have been the players I'm most surprised by so far.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I still refer to people in the current seasons by not their name too often to have any shred of confidence in a quiz. I beat quizzes and tests by storing all the info in temporary memory to be dumped once I got my grade

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
People on Reddit are having a meltdown over Soda calling Venus a stick-bug and saying she's a bully.

Man, people are not okay.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I mean I agree it’s not cool to call a skinny woman a “stick bug.”

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

was this season filmed before 45? it kinda feels like the current season of TAR where its shot for 60 but padded out for 90 unlike last season where the pace was perfect for the longer episode length

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Nah

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Ok so it's impossible to watch on Paramount+. I just tried to pull it up, cause I missed it last night, last episode I watched was episode 2 of this season. When you try to scroll through episodes on Paramount, it now lists them in a variety of episode 1s followed by episode 2s. Whoever is over this app needs to be put on an island with Bhanu and forced to praise him.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah I watch them on Goku.sx because Paramount's actual service is so bad.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Khanstant posted:

Yeah I watch them on Goku.sx because Paramount's actual service is so bad.

I'm just in awe, you can't even navigate this thing. This isn't even including Showtime closing its app, to have it be also part of this and a separate charge to use it after shutting down their own app that was included with channel subscription, which is now entirely separate.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STING 64 posted:

was this season filmed before 45? it kinda feels like the current season of TAR where its shot for 60 but padded out for 90 unlike last season where the pace was perfect for the longer episode length

I think I heard that they had 90 minutes for 45 for sure but 46 could have gone either way so they couldn't afford to count on the extra runtime.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Diabetic posted:

I'm just in awe, you can't even navigate this thing. This isn't even including Showtime closing its app, to have it be also part of this and a separate charge to use it after shutting down their own app that was included with channel subscription, which is now entirely separate.

Lol I tried to get my roommate to login once on her TV and gave her the info and later on I asked about it and she was like gently caress it didn't work right so gave up.

The website is bad in its own ways, can't remember where you left off, the seek bar is broken, about 2/3rds of the way through it show previews for the start of the episode and if you try to skip to that part it just plays the next episode. If you pause to look at a still frame or take a screenshot, the whole thing shrinks to a tiny window. I think they also try and block screenshots too. After an episode plays it's not guaranteed to go to the next one. Very often it will instead go back to season 1 episode 1 of whatever you watched, or just the first episode of Halo. I heard the first 5 minutes of that show probably 18 times by accident.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think I heard that they had 90 minutes for 45 for sure but 46 could have gone either way so they couldn't afford to count on the extra runtime.

This is exactly what happened

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
What type of material seems like padding? Tim talking about pooping?

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Very much enjoyed seeing a completely new group of people actually playing Survivor rather than salsa dancing the days away on the beach while we're stuck watching the longform implosion of a single tribe over 4 episodes.

I like all the remaining Siga's, especially Maria, who probably shouldn't have wasted the extra vote but as has been mentioned it could lower her threat level.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KingKapalone posted:

What type of material seems like padding? Tim talking about pooping?

It doesn't seem like too much padding to me. Sure there's more camp life bits. But that's more or less what the show should have instead of being actual padding.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
The only episode that really felt "padded" to me was the second one, which was presumably an hour-long episode stretched to two hours by network edict. I love the camp life stuff, it's been sorely missed as the hour show became entirely "strategy plus challenges plus advantage inventorying."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This is the strongest performing season on tv since pearl islands. We gotta bring bhanu back.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You have to appreciate how absolutely lazy production is now days. They ran the same exact challenge on the same exact episode number 2 seasons in a row.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i just now got around to hearing Rob speculate that maybe also that vote flipped against Jem when Tim got back from the journey and said, "Hey Maria, I just got you into a 6-person alliance for merge." Don't wanna do a split on Tim/Ben after that.

Another random thought was that Jem leaving out that beware advantage, if she did actually get away with it and put suspicion on Tim, made people think they can't vote Tim and had better split onto Ben or just vote Ben, made Charlie say hey I really don't want to lose Ben, made Jem go

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ben and Tim just seemed like they were in a much better position than Gem with multiple alliances and general positive vibes. Gem was reliant on the one untested womens alliance and she was clearly sketching people out. When push comes to shove if you can’t give a better reason than “we agreed to stick together nearly two weeks ago” then that’s probably gonna cost you.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Turns out that staring unblinkingly at somebody while emotionlessly repeating "C'mon, you can trust me, tell me who you're going to vote for" is not a winning Survivor strategy

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That being said I appreciate Gem if only for doing her full court press while wielding a machete.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

i just now got around to hearing Rob speculate that maybe also that vote flipped against Jem when Tim got back from the journey and said, "Hey Maria, I just got you into a 6-person alliance for merge." Don't wanna do a split on Tim/Ben after that.

Another random thought was that Jem leaving out that beware advantage, if she did actually get away with it and put suspicion on Tim, made people think they can't vote Tim and had better split onto Ben or just vote Ben, made Charlie say hey I really don't want to lose Ben, made Jem go

Jem discovering she could lie without laughing just triggered something in her to go full hog and she paid for it. If she had played her idol or had lasted another episode they probably would have voted her off anyway because the idol would've proven she's the one that she did that beware advantage trick and everyone was pissed for digging for nothing.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Diabetic posted:

Ok so it's impossible to watch on Paramount+. I just tried to pull it up, cause I missed it last night, last episode I watched was episode 2 of this season. When you try to scroll through episodes on Paramount, it now lists them in a variety of episode 1s followed by episode 2s. Whoever is over this app needs to be put on an island with Bhanu and forced to praise him.

The episodes are also available next day on the CBS app. It's free with ads and doesn't require a cable login; I've been watching this way for years now.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You have to appreciate how absolutely lazy production is now days. They ran the same exact challenge on the same exact episode number 2 seasons in a row.

Well u see the new era has to be unpredictable because Jeff just felt like the players could predict everything before it happ

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Jeff is bringing back the Auction but it's mandatory and every option is taking away something. Still, people will be excited to win a cursed truck even if it takes away their chance of winning.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love the auction because nobody, whether online or in actual survivor, ever takes the pizza.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder how long the food sits out when they do food advantages. It must take a while to film all that stuff.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

Wonder how long the food sits out when they do food advantages. It must take a while to film all that stuff.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STING 64 posted:

i love the auction because nobody, whether online or in actual survivor, ever takes the pizza.

Australian Survivor host JLP took a slice from this last season's pizza auction item. :lol:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Going back through to find the worst survivor pizzas of all time and rank them

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Australian Survivor host JLP took a slice from this last season's pizza auction item. :lol:

i gotta catch up on it, drat i wish it was on paramount+

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

mp5 posted:

Going back through to find the worst survivor pizzas of all time and rank them

https://youtu.be/A3grqIctzlY?si=73Xps_M7PwWqR5dO

I got you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lol the cheese in pure Elmer's glue phase