Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The Liz Winner Arc is beginning :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Poque posted:

The Liz Winner Arc is beginning :getin:

If she makes it

A girl on the latest season of Bachelor in Paradise had to leave because she couldn’t poo poo

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Q would be a fascinating character study in a psych class.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

AndrewP posted:

If she makes it

A girl on the latest season of Bachelor in Paradise had to leave because she couldn’t poo poo

I was definitely thinking awhile back that the reward that gave people coffee would be amazing for exactly that reason.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rubber Chicken posted:

Q is a complete chaos elemental

Why does everyone want him to stay? Because he's funny at camp sometimes?

Bonkers poo poo this season
Because they walked into tribal with a plan set to blindside Tevin, and they didn't want his antics to derail them right when they were about to do it.

Now, will they want to keep him around after this behavior, I don't really think so. I think if they're smart they'll all pile up and split on Hunter and Q. Then if someone else thinks they're doubly smart they'll use this opportunity to try to blindside Tiff with her public idol.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Raxivace posted:

I think Q is my favorite character this season. I'm not sure if he's terrible at Survivor or great at it, but he's great to watch lol.

He's been pissing me off. The way he treated Bhanu was bad and arrogant with that whole Philip Shepard attempt, and that arrogance has just followed through. I agree with whoever it was during the live trial who said he's just mad he's not in absolute control. He's acting like a loving child and making me think of everything distasteful I've ever thought about real estate agents.

I spent the entire episode convinced he was getting voted out just because of how much screentime he was getting and the implications of how he was thinking and behaving.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jelinsky Was Right

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Last stop for the Tevin train, everyone off

With him gone I guess it’s Tiffany or Kenzie or maybe Maria. I just don’t see anyone else, like if Liz is winning they’ve buried her harder than they buried the winner of 41 lol

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Bahnu: Please help me, Q, I need a coach, please

Q: Okay Bahnu, here is what to do

Viewers: what an arrogant rear end in a top hat

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

mp5 posted:

Last stop for the Tevin train, everyone off

With him gone I guess it’s Tiffany or Kenzie or maybe Maria. I just don’t see anyone else, like if Liz is winning they’ve buried her harder than they buried the winner of 41 lol
You forgot Charlie!

Howling Bells
May 10, 2007

Dear Pat Monaghan and that other guy,

We believe 'Hey Soul Sister' to be a ponderous and heartless money grab. You should be ashamed. It's not enough that you used the I-V-VI-IV chord progression, Beato, but you do it on a ukulele? It sounds like a Vonage commercial. Stop the Train!

blue squares posted:

I think the criticism of him being arrogant goes deeper than that. The way he just flipped on Tiff for disagreeing with him on strategy is completely arrogant. Tiff had a great point and approach for this tribal. They got the numbers and Q, being an arrogant dick, almost flipped the god damned table. If I were Tiff I would consider dragging his rear end for another day or two until I could get him out of there. He's a liability at this point.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Glad to see Tevin gone since dude just annoyed me every time he was on the screen. Felt like he was playing his personality up a bit too much for the cameras.

Q throwing a tantrum sucked but overall this season has improved drastically after Bhanu got booted. Hoping it finishes strong.

blue squares posted:

Telling Bhanu to be his Phillip was probably why people thought he was a little arrogant at the time. Then basically everything that's happened over the last few episodes hasn't really helped his image.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe if Q had treated THE SIX like a real alliance instead of just a device for him to control things it would have held up

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Q's arrogance is more evident in confessionals and what he's passing for strategy than how he talks to people directly

His offered help to Bhanu was obviously self serving at that point in the game as well, admittedly to an unknown degree but I don't think that's a very good counterexample

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fast Luck posted:

You forgot Charlie!

I definitely didn't forget Charlie. I could see him getting to FTC with Maria, but if they're both there he loses to her at minimum.

Venus still seems like this season's 0-vote FTC goat, especially after Tevin's remarks this week

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

OK well now I KNOW I should have dropped Q for Liz or Charlie. I still think Liz is getting cut in the finale but I can't believe she's suddenly in the winner conversation.

Honestly I was with Ben 100% tonight. 'He can't stand that he's on the bottom' and a big lol at 'I don't care for the Shenanigans'.

The pre-merge sucked, but honestly I have no idea what's going to happen next, and I can't remember the last time I said that during a season of survivor so rock on 46.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

AndrewP posted:

Maybe if Q had treated THE SIX like a real alliance instead of just a device for him to control things it would have held up

He was trying to pull a boston rob, except he failed to realize that only worked for rob one time, and even then the producers had to stack the cast in his favor

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Is Jeff getting more and more unhinged in the "apply to be on survivor" ads?

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer

Actual Satan posted:

It's been feeling incredibly desperate lol. I wonder if they have few/weak applicants

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the Q stands for Quitter

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fps_nug posted:

It's been feeling incredibly desperate lol. I wonder if they have few/weak applicants

they can only say no so many times. after i win i will purchase half of something awful.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Actual Satan posted:

fps_nug posted:

I think the initial part of the casting cycle more or less ends with the calendar year, but from what I've read there's a really quick turnaround on the applications that interest them. It's possible they just want to beef up the pool as much as possible, but at this point in time they should be right about to start filming so... their priorities should be elsewhere at the moment? It's curious for sure.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Kenzie a few episodes ago after Q flip flopped on a vote: "next thing you know Q's gonna be like 'vote me, yall'"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In case anyone's been wondering, Deal or no Deal Island has improved quite significantly! Definitely recommend watching it now if you like the Survivor formula of socialize -> challenge -> strategize -> "vote". All the players have their quirks that make them memorable, and the idea they are playing for multiple millions of dollars has started to dawn on them now. It seems like the show was intended to be a slow roll and so I take back my earlier criticism that it was confusing. In reality, it did take enough time to explain its weird concept and now is having much fun via twists so that it's not really luck-based anymore. It took a while to find its footing with editing and presentation but just now there was an advertisement for casting for a second season so let 'er rip! Welcome to the new age of oddballs hanging around on an island waiting for a million bucks!

If you're curious about Rob: Yes Rob is still there! But it really doesn't feel rigged toward him or anything. He's been pretty self-aware.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 19, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

d0grent posted:

Kenzie a few episodes ago after Q flip flopped on a vote: "next thing you know Q's gonna be like 'vote me, yall'"

This was the oddest funniest thing for him to do and I don't get it, can someone please explain it to me? There is no way it was genuine right? My whole watch group was like WHAT IS HIS PLAN??

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ben absolutely nailed it. Q just has such a massive ego it’s full blown narcissism. He needs to be in control which is why he keeps turning on anyone for anything and reiterating that it’s his way. So for him the worst case scenario is the entire tribe making a decision without him and him having no say in the matter. And the need to take control is so much that he was even willing to sacrifice himself just to retake control. And he gets to at least go out playing the hero in his own mind.

Them all saying “gently caress you” and voting out Tevin anyway could well send him off the edge or something. Especially now that Tiff and Kenzie know he betrayed them. I have no idea how Q will manage being Venus.

But on an island of unearned confidence and egos Venus just amuses me with how nothing will shake her confidence. She’s not irrational. She knows she’s on the bottom. But shes still totally sure she can run this poo poo with the right move. It amuses me.

Also Liz is dying.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

CJacobs posted:

If you're curious about Rob: Yes Rob is still there! But it really doesn't feel rigged toward him or anything. He's been pretty self-aware.

I do wonder about the no elimination day, but yeah it's been fun enough

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Leatherhead posted:

Honestly I was with Ben 100% tonight. 'He can't stand that he's on the bottom' and a big lol at 'I don't care for the Shenanigans'.

couldn't have said it better myself. I was thinking back to Jeff declaring there were no quitters this season and panicking that he lied to us (LIED to us) until they all went to vote and I realized it was gonna be Tevin.

I love how when people get pissed about the vote changing someone eventually says "Can we just vote out Venus" it's gotten to bit territory up there with "several"

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Q is the funniest survivor player ever.

I want to see a Survivor Season of Q and his 16 siblings.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

fps_nug posted:

They probably get tons of lovely applicants. Jeff personally would rather have actual people applying and getting on the show than the Mactors of the past. So I think it's less desperation, and just what he really wants (at the moment).

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

liz isn't going to win because she's in the middle of the bruce kanegai maneuver

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

STAC Goat posted:

And the need to take control is so much that he was even willing to sacrifice himself just to retake control. And he gets to at least go out playing the hero in his own mind.

That's wild but totally believable. Wanted to fall on his own sword. My unlikely guess was that it was a power play- in his eyes anyone with him would stick with the plan, anyone against would vote Q, and he'd get his way no matter what.

Loled so hard here

https://i.imgur.com/n0psC65.mp4

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I like the show but I disagree that they aren't rigging things considerably in Rob's favor. They heavily weighed things for him to take the deal when he played (75% chance of being right, when generally people get 50% or maybe 66%), they paid two players on the opposite side of the game to leave, and they had the non-elimination episode which benefited him. I doubt they want him to win, but they definitely want him in the game as long as possible to keep eyes on the show.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Rubber Chicken posted:

Q is a complete chaos elemental

Why does everyone want him to stay? Because he's funny at camp sometimes?

Bonkers poo poo this season

Forget J'Tia and Chaos Kass, Q has set the bar.

I agree with the observations here. I remember saying two things during that tribal to my fiance; one was 'his control complex is so bad that he'll jump of a bridge before you have a chance to push him, just so he can tell himself 'I was in control of that choice' before he hits the ground,' and the other is 'he seriously needs to be medically pulled and put in the care of a psychiatrist.'

Like, I genuinely wonder if he went off of some meds to be on the show or something.

I do, however, agree with his anger about the challenge. They just watched Hunter hang out in a tree basically for fun, so maybe go ahead and assume that the challenge itself is a foregone conclusion, and you're not giving up anything you had a realistic shot at getting.

That said, Venus almost pulled it off, so.....

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And for the first time in the game she was right about something! She had a good enough chance at the challenge not to step out for rice and she was right to think she might be in need of that immunity.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Venus knew she had a pretty good shot because people with builds like hers almost always win there (Tyson, etc)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

There's a lot of debate this week that Q asking everyone to vote him out was "strategy." The main evidence is he said in confessional that one time that he was setting Kenzie up for a blindside by telling her he'd go out next, so that it's something he's been thinking about as a "move" for awhile. Rob C. posted a twitter poll and 55% voted "strategy." What that strategy would be nobody can really express. Rob speculated maybe he saw the 6 was done what with Maria and Charlie targeting Tevin and realized he needed to pivot back to Tiff and Kenzie but that he'd already leaked her idol information, so he wanted to remove that misstep from the game by asking her to play it on him after getting the votes pointed his way.

Sounds like major fan fiction to me.

I'm way more on the page that this thread seems to be on, with one little wrinkle. Remember when he let his tribe down throwing stuff in a challenge and came back saying they should just vote him out? He's already demonstrated he has that dramatic fall-on-my-sword type of mindset. In addition to the stuff about being upset about not being in control, which I think was also a factor, I think he also felt responsible for Tevin going, when he was loyal to the 6, and was trying to self-sacrifice for that reason. He's literally talked about doing that exact thing before on his original tribe!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
IMO, I think Q got upset that he didn't like they would know he was the one that "instrumented" the vote out this time. It hurt his ego that he would be known as "the bad guy." Now, why they all kept him?

Uh..maybe they all want a piece of that fashion line he's coming up with.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Leatherhead posted:

This was such a refreshing and insightful moment from Ben. I actually couldn't place what Q's goal was with that move until Ben said it in plain language. It was a tantrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Diabetic posted:

IMO, I think Q got upset that he didn't like they would know he was the one that "instrumented" the vote out this time. It hurt his ego that he would be known as "the bad guy." Now, why they all kept him?

Uh..maybe they all want a piece of that fashion line he's coming up with.

I think it's as simple as him being much less dangerous than Tevin.

Edit: how's everybody doing with their fantasy teams? Because I'm screwed. I have a good amount of points for now but my bench is now Tim, Tevin, and Q.

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 19, 2024