Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
If it possible to play fantasy somewhere with just one other person for an old season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

KingKapalone posted:

If it possible to play fantasy somewhere with just one other person for an old season?

You'd probably just have to look at the rules and like keep track yourself. The fantasy rules for the survivor league I'm in are simply enough.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I just caught up to the season. It’s been so fun. But I gotta say to the goons who keep bringing up Bhanu and how he was mistreated. Are you guys serious? Lol this guy loving sucked! His whole thing was how he was crying about not knowing how to lie and talk to people, literally. He flip flopped on his own tribe multiple times and had child temper tantrums if someone didn’t baby him through how to play survivor.

Dude had a nice story and all that but be for loving real lol. He straight up cracked at the journey! And got on his KNEES crying and spilling all the Yanu secrets for no reason and then he admitted it lol. Some of y’all wouldnt last on the island and it shows.

Anyway Venus is my queen. And at this point go Hunter or Tiff

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I think Q is planning to turn his Survivor appearance into something more once he gets home. He wants to monetize some persona he imagines he's building for himself as a clever and honorable strategist. The send me home it's the right thing to do and all the hide and seek analysis etc

I think he probably isn't pleased with how it actually looks on TV but that's my guess

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
Whether or not it’s true, we are 100% getting a Q confessional next episode where he claims it was all a ruse

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

Forget J'Tia and Chaos Kass, Q has set the bar.

That said, Venus almost pulled it off, so.....

Imma be real I think Hunter practiced that challenge, I don't think anyone but him had a shot

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Well, I guess if I was selling a house, having it done The Q Way would get us both as much money as possible.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdVpWJoCBbA

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
Q is so confusing to me. Last week he orchestrated a vote to oust Tim, a member of his Six alliance. This week he's targeting Tif for suggesting they vote out a member of the alliance when Q just did the same thing

I'm kind of done with Q and tired of every episode focusing on him and his inane ramblings. I really hope he's next to go.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Exodor posted:

Q is so confusing to me. Last week he orchestrated a vote to oust Tim, a member of his Six alliance. This week he's targeting Tif for suggesting they vote out a member of the alliance when Q just did the same thing

I'm kind of done with Q and tired of every episode focusing on him and his inane ramblings. I really hope he's next to go.

To be fair, he may well have just tried to vote himself out because, in part, of his attempt to vote out a member of The Six(tm).

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Exodor posted:

Same, ready for the end of the Q show

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think it's as simple as him being much less dangerous than Tevin.

Edit: how's everybody doing with their fantasy teams? Because I'm screwed. I have a good amount of points for now but my bench is now Tim, Tevin, and Q.

I should have been dead in the water after the Jemila vote out but I've course corrected pretty decently and basically steve bradbury'd myself around the tevin boot and now i feel like I've got a shot

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Whatever his intentions, asking to be voted out of a contest for a million dollars makes NO SENSE unless he's having a mental breakdown or it's some braingenius strategy and nobody should rely on him ever again for their own game

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Exodor posted:

He's basically voting for anyone that either disagrees with his plan or votes for someone in his own alliance.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Exodor posted:

tbqh he's logically consistent of "target someone in the six, get targeted." Tim threw out Hunter's name, and was already noncommittal.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Rubber Chicken posted:

I think Q is planning to turn his Survivor appearance into something more once he gets home. He wants to monetize some persona he imagines he's building for himself as a clever and honorable strategist. The send me home it's the right thing to do and all the hide and seek analysis etc

I think he probably isn't pleased with how it actually looks on TV but that's my guess

Buddy I'm ready to buy a thousand Q Skirts

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Everyone whispering all over the place and then hearing "This does not rock" over everything killed me

I knew I wouldn't like Q at the start of the season, the people who constantly talk about being a student athlete are always super annoying and insufferable, but this is extreme. Dude cannot handle not being in 100% control of every single person and every single decision made. When you're using quitting as a "power move", you're pathetic. Them not voting for him shows how little respect he has now.

This wasn't even the first time he's told people to vote for him, he just changed his mind before tribal last time.

Fast Luck posted:

i see it's a quiet night in our thread tonight oh well. I'll live post anyway.
Charlie seemed like a loser because he made Taylor Swift his personality but actually he's pretty funny. Last week getting the city alphabet game wrong on purpose and this week asking for rice while he's about to drop. Good stuff. Hunter honestly shouldn't have even competed in this challenge but that was a peacockingly dominant win...

I think he plays up the Swift stuff a little for the show. I follow him on twitter and he seems like a really decent person. He has no merch but has let a few people make stuff as long as all money made goes to Casa Myrna, a domestic violence non-profit, and his pinned post is how to donate to them. His watch parties have all been fundraisers for the charity, too. He's called out people being mean, particularly when it comes to body-shaming.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Charlie seems like an awesome person but he also seems to be getting a lot of gameplay hype that I don't understand.

That said, asking for rice as he slid down the pole was brilliant :haw:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I liked the inroads Charlie made with Tiff and Kenzie at tribal.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

Charlie seems like an awesome person but he also seems to be getting a lot of gameplay hype that I don't understand.

That said, asking for rice as he slid down the pole was brilliant :haw:
"I've got you right where I want you, Jeff."

SteveVizsla posted:

Everyone whispering all over the place and then hearing "This does not rock" over everything killed me
"I do not care for those shenanigans."

There are some really lovely people on this season! Tempered by.... some of the worst narcissism survivor has seen. Q, as said in Stevevizsla's excellent post, has a pathetic ego and is no joy to watch. please leave. just walk away from the game man you are killing the vibe

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Q either wants to become some kind of motivational life coach after the season ends or he’s one of those people who already gives his friends tons of unwarranted advice to begin with.

This season has been a really rough watch for me in general because of some of the personalities.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Generally I'd rather have psychos and narcissists than completely forgettable people (with the obvious caveat that I don't really want the aforementioned psychos to win). I'm actually really interested in the players we have left, compared to 43/44 where there were 3-5 players on the whole season that felt unique and then a bunch of filler.

I did find the two episodes around Bhanu's departure to be pretty rough, but mostly because Bhanu really aggravated me.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I thought 43 and 44 were really poorly edited though. Lauren and Heidi (44) both seemed more compelling in interviews than the screentime they were given, and then I thought the entire 43 final 3 had been underserved by the edit as well. We didn't get to see what Owen was trying and failing to do, I only knew Cassidy as Karla's #1, and Gabler was HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT (even if that was his gameplay there must have been more to show the audience than his bitchfest about Ellie going through his bag).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Definitely feel like they intentionally hid Lauren from us to shine more light on Tika and Tony Clone v8.0

Also a lot of people are loving Q and i admit i found his overanalysis of hide and seek and all kinds of other stuff he was doing a lot of fun, but if the tribe had ACTUALLY voted him out when asked, he'd be hated, right?
so a little bit of the love for Q people have ought to be taken out and portioned over to the rest of the cast imo, who valued a good blindside over his antics.

Even though I don't know exactly why Maria or Charlie would've wanted Tevin out over Tiffany...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tevin definitely seemed to be a bigger target than Tiffany. And Tevin/Hunter are theoretically much more dangerous of a duo than Q/Tiffany especially with Q turning on her already.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tiffany has Kenzie, and they knew she had an idol they had the opportunity to sweep out. Meanwhile, Tevin was close with Maria and Charlie. They worked the Soda blindside together (keeping Charlie safe) and Maria and Tevin go back to the first episode journey where they made a deal together.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just catching up now and lol at Tevin/Venus/HustleCulture drama over credit for voting Soda out.

LOL at Q mob boss speech. Q Skirt Q is best Q, wannabe despot Q is worst Q.

edit: there's a guy named Hunter in this season, did you know that? I'm not convinced they didnt just sneak him into this challenge to fill out the poles
edit2: definitely a pro poler they brought in to mix the game up

Q can't be venting at people taking the challenge when he was first one down lol what a goober.

Q!!!!! what are you doing goobrino

LOL the ol 'vote me out Q cope' play again. Everyone's faces at his pitch ahaha. Is it just a tantrum of wanting to piss off and leave when things don't go his way, but he also doesn't want to be seen throwing that tantrum so he converts it into a weird martyr beg.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 22, 2024

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Personally i'm just thrilled that for the first time, the cast as a whole didn't cave to Jeff's stupid rice negotiation tactic

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Khanstant posted:

Q can't be venting at people taking the challenge when he was first one down lol what a goober.

Agree with everything you said but this. Q was one of the first to offer to sit out for the rice, so I don’t hold him sucking at the challenge against him at all. It would be worse if he was one of the holdouts and *then* sucked at the challenge anyway.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

mp5 posted:

Personally i'm just thrilled that for the first time, the cast as a whole didn't cave to Jeff's stupid rice negotiation tactic

Now he has to try and force the rice on them later while still maintaining the appearance of leverage, because the medical advisors told him 'they need real food around day 16'.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah fair enough. They all should've vocalized there's a player who is a monkey man expert at climbing trees if they all knew, I missed the hide n seek stuff and figured Venus or another long lightweight player would win. Needlessly weird tribal and lead-up to tribal, if Q isn't next on the choppin block then LOL at all future plans going any way that Q isn't leading the charge on.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I watched the sneak previews they post on youtube and I continue to be entertained by this tribe being a bunch of people that hate each other

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

IcePhoenix posted:

I watched the sneak previews they post on youtube and I continue to be entertained by this tribe being a bunch of people that hate each other

Surely this will convince players to stop going on the show for the experience and start going on it to win money again :pray:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Leatherhead posted:

Now he has to try and force the rice on them later while still maintaining the appearance of leverage, because the medical advisors told him 'they need real food around day 16'.

It’s so stupid. They get given electrolytes and minor other things behind the scenes now anyway because nobody wants to recreate the last 14 days of Survivor Marquesas

The contestants can still be really hungry while having enough fuel to make good TV, just give them the bag of rice at the merge and let them do fun poo poo like Q Skirts and hide and seek!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It was also more fun when a winning team gets a big reward like coffee kit or some camp upgrade and the other got jack or some clearly lesser thing. Dialing it up to doling out punishments just misses why it was fun. They also pick punishments that just make things less entertaining.

Get dramatic or creative with it. Win tribe gets a sack of rice n beans, losing tribe gets a bag of jelly beans, big nasty easter ones. Winning tribe gets choice of Applebee's or rice and losing tribe has to have applebees. Winning tribe gets to rename losing tribe.

Or losing tribe, next time they go to tribal, have their votes made public that tribal.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Khanstant posted:

Winning tribe gets to rename losing tribe.

Caca

That sounds like a generic survivor tribe name anyway. Have they ever used brown buffs?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Rubber Chicken posted:

Caca

That sounds like a generic survivor tribe name anyway. Have they ever used brown buffs?

The Koror tribe in Palau comes to mind, but they won literally every immunity so they were the opposite of Caca

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I initially thought the Q move was some kind of play to ensure Tiff didn’t play her idol but no, he’s just insane.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I saw Q's move as the equivalent to flipping the board game over when you start losing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Same and I think it basically applies to his earlier attempts at the same.