Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Good premiere, loving that CBS is running with the longer episodes now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Pre-Shot in the Dark Survivor, the unneeded fake idol is mean spirited. In the current game, everyone has the potential to save themselves, so this kind of stunt is one route to help lessen the SitD being played.

At least we got footage of Jess acknowledging it was odd and probably fake.

My only take away is that Jelinsky might have been better in the comp, but I see him dropping just as many blocks as Jess did, even if it could hold them higher.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Leatherhead posted:

Mostly though I'm completely done with the 3-tribe format. I truly don't understand why they haven't bothered to switch that up for 6 straight seasons now. It's not like they've never split 18 in half before. 'Nowhere to hide' is not actually good for the game.

I have to think it's because a 9 player tribe going through a potential Pagonging for 5 straight episodes is worse than a 6 player tribe going through it for potentially 3 episodes? By the time a tribe of 6 gets to 3, we've either had that in three episodes, or its hopefully bounced back and forth to the other tribes as well by then.

It also hopefully puts more in play when a tribe swap happens when three teams mix than two.

We've just been experiencing the worst result of the three tribe format the last few years. I think if anything is broken, it's the flint/shelter issue just compounding the pain. Which is also being impacted by the combining of reward/immunity. A tribe goes the first few days without shelter and warmth, and their next shot to save themselves is also an all or nothing result when just increases the negative when they lose.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jem's gloating didn't bother me too much. If we're going to have "villains" in the modern era, I'd rather it be this kind of troll behavior than a straight up rear end in a top hat.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Good episode, feels like the season finally put itself into Drive. The producers and editors were probably giddy after that challenge. Things seem really open now going forward too.

The vote style change up was good on Maria’s part, not sure it was really worth to play the extra vote though. Was she really hedging that the guys may not vote Jem? Saving it for merge seems like it might have had more value.

Teek fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 28, 2024

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Liz is weird. On one hand her personality up to this point is being "lol, I'm rich" but not necessarily being an rear end about it. And yet she's also been completely low key in the edit, but she's also been good at hiding her cards and completely looped in on the votes. All together it is both an odd and amusing mix. I'm also curious to see how much more an active part she plays going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Charlie is definitely getting that winners edit going into finale. Kenzie is getting a "we love this person and her vibe, so we're going to keep showing her confessionals" edit. She has a chance, but it's a narrow path to get her there. I think she can do it, but if Charlie or Maria are there with her, I don't think it would work out for her.

Bhanu did call her the stealth winner mermaid or whatever didn't he, so maybe that was a clue about her eventual victory.