Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Pony: Jenila

Poison: Ben because his thumbnail has a phantom Hollywood producer ponytail that makes me distrust him even more than reading his bio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"last I checked, several means 7, not four"

What the gently caress is he thinking? I guess several and seven share the first four letters, but I thought everyone understood that couple is 2, a few is 3, and several is more than 3 - the minimum being 4.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

njsykora posted:

I was laughing extremely hard at that, really established that he was a full idiot.

i paused after that and forgot and just started it up again and now he's a reward hog who is acting like h is the only one playing the game.... after literally giving up 30 minutes in to a critically important first trial while still relatively full and energized, because he never did 30 minutes of physical activity in his life before.

edit: and as i post he immediately gives up on playing hard by trying to be tricky. If he has a chance to go home this episode and his tribe does not vote him out, I predict nobody in that tribe will win the game.

edit: ahahaha "listen to what jeff always says, ya gotta dig deep! Hello!?!"

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 1, 2024

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This guy is the perfect first episode dunce. These editors have fantastic comedic timing with him.

I like Q. Lead the charge, Bhanu is too nice and easily swayed by that Jelly confidence. Jelinsky reminds me of Jon Hamm's character from 30 Rock, in terms of complete obliviousness to own obvious inability.

obliriovrons posted:

He's insisting in exit interviews that Q brought up the idea of quitting to pin it on him and that they took him out because he was too big of a threat.

Even if Q did suggest it, it would've been because his partner was already sitting down and whining 15 minutes in. Q can't do it alone and we did see a snippet of him already trying to carry Jelinsky and offer moral support.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 1, 2024

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
She seems like she's a lot of fun normally, like compare her on the beach to her intro. However I feel that personality only gets to come out when she has her balance and feels comfortable. Being sleep deprived and off medicine is probably the biggest wrench she can have in her system. I don't have insurance so I haven't had ADD medicine in over a decade but I manage well enough in my way... Right up until something weird happens and knocks me out of line and it's a wobbly scramble to get back on the general path -- and that's with helpful folks in my life likely trying to remove stress rather than add pressure.

Really hoping she survives the early game and gets to come out of the shell a bit. The next episode previews made it seem like a few other people were already cracking, so maybe the focus will shift to one of them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Diabetic posted:

It really upset me for people to want to keep him instead of Jess, back to back to back gently caress ups and it took tribal where he again, hosed himself for him to get a unanimous vote. Jess, win this whole thing out of pure spite, please.

It was frightening how some folks totally just bought into his projected bubble of alternate reality where he constitutionally cannot do wrong. Part of why he immediately gives up in the sweat challenge is he truly believes he has a permanent loyal ally in Q, simultaneous to Q understanding this guy is a hopeless quitter who will drag the whole ship down and is not worth keeping around for ally reasons.

Even when everyone left without him and Jess, if it weren't for Q who knew what was up immediately, they would've voted Jess and let him bumble on forward for who knows how long.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I had a roommate who was constantly breaking glass on our sandy floors and it was a nightmare.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
We should reclaim the freedom to wear only one pant

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

mp5 posted:

that's just a toga really

How do you wear your pants??

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm just now watching the episode and LMAO at Venus trying to make this huge deal out of her toe and making herself the natural target during a time when the tribe could just be building cohesion and enjoying 2 wins. The thing with who Jeff gives the idol to is the most kindergarten level petty stuff, it's hilarious.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Studio posted:

Define big. 4 person alliances have ran the game since Borneo to 45 lol

4 people alliances seem even stronger now without the final changes, seems like we get less people looking ahead to flip and instead just ride their alliance and try to play fire games.

EDIT: Just finished The Traitors S2 and they need to get some real housewives people on Survivor.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 10, 2024

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
She mentioned Mean Girls in the bio but maybe she's the Cady and has to work her way into the mean girls clique.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Her putting the buff on the idol was exactly the kind of silly bonding thing everyone should’ve been having fun with and he just straight up rolled his eyes at it, pretty rude. There’s also a secret scene where they don’t get along and fail at squashing the beef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUBfn8J4CnY

They both seem like they require a lot of work to effectively communicate with, usually more effort than it's worth but on survivor you just gotta try. Still rough watching their friction.

Seems like Venus is pretty much the one to go first chance they get, guess every tribe needs one and 4 days really might be too late to get back in without some outside factors.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wanted to bench Venus this week but I'm pretty sure my options are the anti-woman dude who sucks, or Kenzie who is on a doomed tribe.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They are just casting and putting a few real shitheads on the same tribe every season. There's no way you can look at Jelensky and not realize he's probably real lovely at a lot of poo poo he tries to do. How can you trust anyone that goes by their last name.

I got the impression he is that way because often it does work. It doesn't work while under the lens in a competition show with an audience happy to pounce on bullshit.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm two episodes behind but what do y'all mean "she doesn't know how to jump"? Like the act of standing up too much so that you are off the ground for a second, or like a proper specific jump like long jumping?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shemp the Stooge posted:

I feel like she thinks jumping is lifting your legs up into the air instead of pushing your feet down into the ground

Hahaha sometimes I have dreams where I can sorta fly, but it's always like that, it's not proper superhero or bird or jet flying, it's like pulling up from the bottom of yourself somehow.

Gonna watch now bc I gotta see this.

Haha I like rock guy. "That does NOT rock."

Didn't come for a million dollars, but a million hearts. Such bloodlust!

Kind of wish Q's sudden Bhanu pivot worked, if only because I totally can see Kenzie flipping on the others once merged or swapped.

Hahaha Bhanu immediately torpedoing himself at start of latest episode. Man, just not cut out to play this game, wow. I love the curse of the poker metaphor too, jelynsky and bhanu both failing at it.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 22, 2024

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
okay i saw the jumping and just lmao. it's like she's falling and catching herself before falling faceplanting. I'm really curious what happens if she goes on a trampoline.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Any of y'all watching Deal or No Deal island? I'm really curious to see how long Boston Rob lasts, it's funny watching him basically be the only one with experience at this sorta thing out there.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

Thanks for all the info. Starting to get a bit lost now with all the suggestions and having to consider seasons that lead into seasons haha. You all have good memories for all these details.

These folks are incredible remembers. A few years ago I did a full rewatch (or first watch in many cases) from season 1 and I was constantly blown away when I'd Kramer in and be like "augh the dingus with the big mouth keeps loving up the plan for the alliance with the shrimpy guy and the fake cop" and someone would immediately be like "oh you mean Jantara and Cletus and Pibb, yeah on a podcast she said the producers encouraged them all to try the pain box to get tested and put everyone on edge"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
We don't even get live reunions properly anymore. Even Vanderbeek Rules gets reunion episodes and afaik there is no game at all, just people who already hang out together?!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Them getting little Caesars looking pizza is also just LOL. Pizza gonna gently caress me up if I'm back at home but I can't imagine the suffering from greasy rear end pizza after a monthlong rice fast. I think I'd want a big salad with chicken, not grease and milk experiments.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

Dude, I would burn that extra vote so fast it ain't even funny. You've been on the journey, people either know or suspect you have it, just get rid of it before you do yourself any more harm by having it, especially if it accomplishes what you want that tribal.

Edit: and after numbering all those seasons from memory I'm befuddled that Hunter devoted his entire drat garage to making Survivor challenges for kids and can't get the seasons in order. Might scout reddit to see what he got wrong out of curiosity and schadenfreude.

You're on my fantasy team, man! :negative:

I think my fantasy is donezo, I picked a lot of losers lol.

And I'm with om you on using the extra vote, especially these days.

My gut tells me the best policy is almost always "use em if ya got em" when it comes to all the trinkets. For every player that did something brilliant with dragging some idol or advantage to the end, there is 3 who went home with one in their pocket, or got themselves targeted or in a bad spot because they had it at all.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

njsykora posted:

I love a blindside where the victim is clearly seething about it and not looking back to go "great move guys!" Doesn't happen enough these days, she looked like she couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I don't know who that "aw shucks good moves" attitude is for but I hate it. It's worse than being a sore loser.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I still refer to people in the current seasons by not their name too often to have any shred of confidence in a quiz. I beat quizzes and tests by storing all the info in temporary memory to be dumped once I got my grade

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah I watch them on Goku.sx because Paramount's actual service is so bad.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Diabetic posted:

I'm just in awe, you can't even navigate this thing. This isn't even including Showtime closing its app, to have it be also part of this and a separate charge to use it after shutting down their own app that was included with channel subscription, which is now entirely separate.

Lol I tried to get my roommate to login once on her TV and gave her the info and later on I asked about it and she was like gently caress it didn't work right so gave up.

The website is bad in its own ways, can't remember where you left off, the seek bar is broken, about 2/3rds of the way through it show previews for the start of the episode and if you try to skip to that part it just plays the next episode. If you pause to look at a still frame or take a screenshot, the whole thing shrinks to a tiny window. I think they also try and block screenshots too. After an episode plays it's not guaranteed to go to the next one. Very often it will instead go back to season 1 episode 1 of whatever you watched, or just the first episode of Halo. I heard the first 5 minutes of that show probably 18 times by accident.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Jeff is bringing back the Auction but it's mandatory and every option is taking away something. Still, people will be excited to win a cursed truck even if it takes away their chance of winning.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lol the cheese in pure Elmer's glue phase

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Jeff gives them the option of a fish eye or survivor pizza and they all choose fish eyes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
More rice and papaya for me!!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I stopped going to reddit at all and has made every day since a little nicer. That sub was very extreme, the way they talked about everything felt too mean and heated for every topic. Very strange vibes compared to here where people post normal level reactions to the show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

That’s real lovely but don’t just tell someone how to run your whole business.

It's really lovely and don't take advantage of someone who wants to work with you and doesn't know you're hoping to steal from them because you shouldn't do that.

Shaming people for being taken advantage of by opportunists sucks rear end. The problem here isn't that he shouldn't have shared information, that is the best thing humans ever invented to do and we should do so whenever possible or helpful. The problem is a greedy turd boy acting like a shithead weasel.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Stop casting threats to take care of this pervasive threat issue.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

I don't even really care about the challenges, and I usually fast forward through them.

Yeah haha it's just Jeff yelling and some bench person doing an even more annoying noise. I'll sometimes pay attention at the puzzles but I do not watch or care about the ninja warrior poo poo at this point.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just catching up now and lol at Tevin/Venus/HustleCulture drama over credit for voting Soda out.

LOL at Q mob boss speech. Q Skirt Q is best Q, wannabe despot Q is worst Q.

edit: there's a guy named Hunter in this season, did you know that? I'm not convinced they didnt just sneak him into this challenge to fill out the poles
edit2: definitely a pro poler they brought in to mix the game up

Q can't be venting at people taking the challenge when he was first one down lol what a goober.

Q!!!!! what are you doing goobrino

LOL the ol 'vote me out Q cope' play again. Everyone's faces at his pitch ahaha. Is it just a tantrum of wanting to piss off and leave when things don't go his way, but he also doesn't want to be seen throwing that tantrum so he converts it into a weird martyr beg.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 22, 2024

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah fair enough. They all should've vocalized there's a player who is a monkey man expert at climbing trees if they all knew, I missed the hide n seek stuff and figured Venus or another long lightweight player would win. Needlessly weird tribal and lead-up to tribal, if Q isn't next on the choppin block then LOL at all future plans going any way that Q isn't leading the charge on.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It was also more fun when a winning team gets a big reward like coffee kit or some camp upgrade and the other got jack or some clearly lesser thing. Dialing it up to doling out punishments just misses why it was fun. They also pick punishments that just make things less entertaining.

Get dramatic or creative with it. Win tribe gets a sack of rice n beans, losing tribe gets a bag of jelly beans, big nasty easter ones. Winning tribe gets choice of Applebee's or rice and losing tribe has to have applebees. Winning tribe gets to rename losing tribe.

Or losing tribe, next time they go to tribal, have their votes made public that tribal.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Same and I think it basically applies to his earlier attempts at the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Due to time dilation, the person who you see "go home" tonight actually went home over 16,000,000 seconds ago.