Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder if they could have put mud on the bucket to plug the holes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They were trying that a little bit but it looked like they gave up pretty fast. Kinda wonder how much wiggle room they can get with some challenges.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If that’s the case, that challenge was basically impossible. Challenges should be completed by normal people if they keep at it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think trying to form an alliance this early on is pointless. Gotta be nice with people till the merge then you can start pulling in your old tribe buddies. Like less than a week isn’t enough time to get in good with people.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I guess I was thinking more about the big alliances, small ones seem fine.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s lazy but doesn’t want to admit it. I’d want to give up on that stupid challenge too but if I was playing for a million dollars I’d just keep trudging along because quitting makes you look weak. Especially after volunteering you just look like an rear end in a top hat.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well yea it’s happened for the past like 5 seasons because one tribe somehow has all the losers on it and can’t win a challenge.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m not sure you can call yourself a super fan if every decision you make is the exact opposite of what someone who actually watches the show should make.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea I thought it was a little convenient how much of his life story was left out when he went from jungle hut to *insert a bunch of time where he somehow got multiple degrees and immigrated to the US*.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just gotta bootstraps your way out of the jungle hut.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m kinda glad they don’t do the big finale shows anymore, they drag on forever if they’re live.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder how long the food sits out when they do food advantages. It must take a while to film all that stuff.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Godamn they really don’t even try with the pizza.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

At this point it must be on purpose. Time for a Papa John’s endorsed episode.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well to be fair what other big reality game shows are on prime time tv? It’s probably all the same stuff that’s been on for decades.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Even that show is a decade old.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s real lovely but don’t just tell someone how to run your whole business.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I assume everyone that goes on survivor has a little bit of greedy turd in them. Otherwise they’d just do naked and afraid.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

One thing I’ve learned the past few seasons is that everyone is a threat no matter what they do. My boy is eating sand? gently caress that guy he knows how to really survive!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m rich says the lady who wants to go home soon. Why would you be so stupid. Even if you made it to final three nobody would vote for you.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They loving go look for idols in big groups now. It’s infuriating. They’re all some weird trial thing too but I guess that’s better than Ben getting a million idols to go right into final 3.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Boy this season has been stupid as poo poo, guess this is the endgame for superfans. Get enough of them and they become dumb as poo poo thinking they are big brained shakers and movers.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Everything that makes you somewhat competent puts a target on your back. You basically have to be an incompetent peon to skate by to the end unless you just get every immunity idol.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I fuckin love branded survivor episodes. Just over the top shilling for a company you don’t give a poo poo about. That fuckin Applebee’s story was just a cherry on top. Applebee’s marketing team must have been hootin and hollering with all those extra Applebee shoutouts.

Applebees

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder if part of the reason they picked Liz for the season was that Applebees story.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I grew up poor so I wanted to make sure my daughter always got the things I never could. Applebees every week.

EVERY. GODAMN. WEEK.

I could have sworn she said she was allergic to beef too.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 4, 2024

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I just think it’s made up. It’s a very silly thing to say.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

I feel like willingly not eating anything that other people are eating for at least two weeks is a lot for something made up.

It doesn't mean that she couldn't be a hypochondriac or exaggerating the severity of intolerances, it's just that it's better to err on the side of caution, and some people do have the bad luck of draw with intolerances.

No i think the Applebees story is made up.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

SteveVizsla posted:

Why? It's not like they even do it all year, they do it when survivor's on. It's a tradition for them. People go to the same restaurants, diners, etc all the time.

I guess the real question is do you think she started that because she saw the previous Applebees episode?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Her business is basically an email pyramid scheme so I’m just gonna assume she lies about everything except how rich she is.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There’s barely any actual surviving anymore so making it harder on someone that needs to survive harder and who voted against you is absolutely the correct choice. This brought to you by Applebees, Eatin good in the neighborhood.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 5, 2024

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

SteveVizsla posted:

There's been multiple seasons with Applebees rewards. Given the age of her kid, and how common Applebees locations are, it seems entirely realistic that they decided to make a connection to watching the show by stopping there before new episodes. How is this any different from going to a local bar to watch every sports game or something?

I don’t know I bet if you sign up for her email marketing services she’ll tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

With all the poo poo they put into the bourbon burger it’s surprising she isn’t allergic to that either.