Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm west coast and keep opening this thread and immediately closing it when I realize which thread it is. I'm literally on a bus to a watch party lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Studio posted:

I'm west coast and keep opening this thread and immediately closing it when I realize which thread it is. I'm literally on a bus to a watch party lmao

Everyone cheered when Jelinski was voted out

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

CJacobs posted:

jelinsky for next all stars season
New Theme Idea:
Survivor: DREWS VS JELINSKYS

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm on the Bhanu train right now, he gives incredible facial expressions. Not quite as extreme as Caroline, but he definitely cannot hide his emotions.

I'm also digging Tevin, Kenzie, and Q.

It took me a second to place why Charlie looks familiar, then I realized he looks just like the Senate twink.

lmao, that'd be some incredible stuntcasting

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

It sounds like she just can't communicate :smith:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Was Tim the Parvati light guy? he sucks imo

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

I think Rando was Parvati-lite and Tim was the one saying "we need a guys alliance" to Charlie.

oh yup, that's the one. hope he gets owned 😌

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

i actually was a little afraid in that moment and worried for the others on his tribe. v. v. dangerous person to have around just in terms of safety and security and wellbeing.

Lmao what

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

New Era started with the decimation of bald men. If kinda ruled.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

Egh, I guess its just a contextual/personal thing. somebody throwing and smashing something out of frustration is a scary thing for me and makes me feel like they are a dangerous/potentially abusive person to be around. if that's worth being lightly clowned upon, so be it.

Someone throwing an hourglass like that, in a show that has previously emphasized hourglass smashing, feels very minor. Like they'd already agreed to stop, and it felt like he was trying to look more Legendary than anything else lol. In the realm of Reality TV Jelinski anger wasn't even on the scale.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

Yet, oddly enough, we do insist that words like 'a pair' or 'a trio' or 'a quartet' are, in fact, the exact number, despite having the words 'two,' 'three,' 'four,' and so on.

Maybe 'several = seven' is a regional thing?

That's because those words have different meanings. I have a "pair of cards" versus "I have two cards." If you look into a dining hall and see "a pair of students" versus "two students" those have different meanings, where the pair is you know, paired.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Sounds like a jrpg protagonist outfit

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Sex and Race are usually pretty weak compared to "i like being around these people and do not want to kill them" in terms of alliance stability.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it mostly comes down to trust, and alliances of convenience tend to have a lot less of that than alliances formed through actual bonds.

Wishing 41 was better edited when I think about this and Shan and Deshawn's relationship 😔

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Define big. 4 person alliances have ran the game since Borneo to 45 lol

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/1b9axbr/deleted_scene_venus_confronts_tevin/
There was a deleted scene with some more info on Tevin/Venus' relationship.

I think she might be difficult to live with lmao. Like the way she brought up the toe was very uhh, well, Tevin described it.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cua-Ai1Y_1Q

Sneak Peak. The "I'm not blind" comment lmao. This is with her only ally!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I don’t know if it’s related but I think it’s horseshit that Probst penalizes the losing tribe by taking their flint - after three seasons in a row of one tribe getting decimated it feels like we’re just rewatching Cook Islands over and over and I feel like that has to be a nonzero factor in re: why.

At this point in 44 the only vote out on Tika was Helen lol, Bruce had been evac'd of course, but the tribes were pretty even at 5-5-4. Flint has generally been a non-issue since the water has been drinkable without boiling post-Kaoh Rong

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

They probably don't do two tribes because of 26 days. They want an equal gender representation on each tribe, but 2 tribes requires an even number of castaways for that. 20 is likely way too much for their runtime, but 16 is likely too few for the number of episodes they want, including the finale starting at F5. Thus, three tribes.

This is not a defense, but a reasoning!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

STING 64 posted:

I think this seasons really funny

This season is extremely funny. I could've gone with one less Bhanu episode but like, god decided to shoot Randon in the arm, who am I to judge.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

obliriovrons posted:

I honestly think a big issue with how this season is turning into a TV product is a combination of what actually happened in the game (one tribe losing repeatedly for four episodes) and the fact that they didn't know they were making 90 minute episodes of TV, so they didn't cram in extra stuff to show us. The result is 45 minutes of Bhanu a week.

it's probably made worse with 45 also being a single tribe's decimation. Like, 41, 44, 45 all had one pre-merge tribe that was noticeably blown up, but 41 and 44 were at least more balanced. Ua imploded in 41, but Yase also lost two people (and looked like the losing tribe at first when they voted out that guy that looks like Ben Shapiro). By episode 4 of 44, Immunity Losses were as balanced as they could be (2,1,1), though Bruce's concussion gave Tika lower numbers (5,5,3).

Meanwhile, Yanu just loves losing and cannot stop lmao.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't think there's a single thing that US Survivor is doing currently that is up to the level of Australian Survivor (except MAYBE if you don't want to watch 24 episodes...)

Diversity Initiative stays winning

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Shoutouts to Lydia, queen of No Jump

(also I hate how survivorgif looks but what hell, it was useful for this)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Khanstant posted:

okay i saw the jumping and just lmao. it's like she's falling and catching herself before falling faceplanting. I'm really curious what happens if she goes on a trampoline.

tweeted this question at her and saw her shop.
https://mogaynor.com/

lol at the hat

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

curiousCat posted:

This shop gives me the opposite of Carson's shop vibes -- maybe because any purchases are going to charity?

getting the vibe that Moriah is cool and good???

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlzrEaGW4c0

oh yeah bhanu? very deceptive actor. real chameleon that bhanu.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

STING 64 posted:

41 is pretty different from the current seasons

I would probably lean 42 over 41, just because 41 has so many editing choices that don't really help it. I love the overall story, but it's just not well presented.

Though if someone is watching 46 now, I'd probably go for something different. China is pretty sick, imo.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

If you want a trainwreck season, Gabon. If you want a season of bad people, ala 46, then Worlds Apart

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

well if you REALLY want to enjoy survivor you need to start with expedition robinson, furthermore

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The reunions were boring in 39 and they're boring now lol

Khanstant posted:

We don't even get live reunions properly anymore. Even Vanderbeek Rules gets reunion episodes and afaik there is no game at all, just people who already hang out together?!

That's because the Vanderpump Rules reunions can be incredible

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think I heard that they had 90 minutes for 45 for sure but 46 could have gone either way so they couldn't afford to count on the extra runtime.

This is exactly what happened

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

Godamn they really don’t even try with the pizza.

they literally never have, it rules

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

ninjahedgehog posted:

I think it's just that they're using local chefs who know of pizza from American movies and TV but it's never really played a prominent role in their lives. So you ask them to make some pizza and they have no loving clue what normally goes on pizza, so you get weird poo poo like whole green olives and hot dog slices and chunks of broccoli, and then you leave it out in the sun for a couple hours while Jeff does a few takes and you get these monstrosities.

Although after 15 days of eating nothing but papaya and rice I'd still absolutely gently caress up that "pizza"

Rice??? In the new era??

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Bhanu probably can't read an edgic chart, and for that he is better

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Poque posted:

Thinking about going on Survivor and being put on a tribe of all Max Dawsons and just walking into the ocean, never to return

SURVIVOR: DAWSONS VS FOLEYS VS RODNEYS

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The subreddit is awful. Half the takes are "new era bad, old seasons good," but with such a high frequency and like, weird devotion. The funniest one was someone pulling a quote about how Jeff didn't like filming in Fiji for Season 14 and using that to justify Fiji bad.

They also like, looooove to get weirdly devoted and defensive around specific people. Soda called Venus "stickbug" and they're very mad about that. Without knowing if that's an endearing nickname, if Venus was cool with it, etc. It's lovely.

mp5 posted:

Worlds Apart are Good Actually

A take so true that even the braindead can get behind it 😌

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

This post is good tho

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Another Bill posted:

90 Day Fiance and all its associated mail order bride shows seem like a full cultural phenomenon to an outsider like me.

Sometimes you need to watch the worst people ever get into awful relationships and then get into a big fight

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

OnlyCarsons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

The amazing race commercials make me hate the show even more.

Edit: Also, who thinks Mo is a threat? Am I missing something? She really doesn't seem to have done anything after week 1 AFAIK.

Threat means "person who I don't care if they're voted out".
Do well in challenges? Physical threat.
Do badly? Clearly they're a social threat.
Are they totally isolated socially? Their strategy must be wild
Is their strategy absolutely not working? Hello, Jake from 45.