Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

What's the deal with Deal or No Deal Island (starring Boston Rob). Are we expecting it to be a Survivor-like I can't really tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gabon is a great season of Survivor don't listen to the haters

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The star of Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 and Dawson's Creek unfortunately does not have a reality show where he hangs out with his friends.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

Wonder how long the food sits out when they do food advantages. It must take a while to film all that stuff.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

KingKapalone posted:

I obviously don't know what other seasons did yet, but why did the move away from the more unique things that Pearl Islands had right away like the opener or the stealing of other tribe's stuff? That fit the pirate theme of course and maybe the flint stealing after the challenge now is a bit of that, but I see that's controversial on reddit too.

This happened in a few steps. Up until season 30 or so, they moved around a lot. They'd film in Africa, in Latin America, in the Pacific, in China, and they'd be able to draw on the local area for the theming of the season. They'd often film two seasons back-to-back in the same location, like Pearl Islands and All-Stars, and that let them do one season themed on the locale, followed by another season with a different theme, often based on a gameplay twist.

Since 2016, they've always filmed in the same place. At first they tried theming the seasons in different ways, based on casting or gameplay twists, with various degrees of success. A lot of the twists they'd been trying had been dumb so it's not that shocking that they'd fall flat.

In the New Era, 41-onwards, they just... stopped trying to differentiate seasons at all. It's inexplicable and they're not doubt about to stop doing that really soon because how can they not see that it's failing, but it is what it is.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

What Jeff is claiming is that while the players didn't quite get the new era first, 6 seasons into the new era, they're now starting to get it and that we should see some really good gameplay this season. I don't know if I buy it. Jeff, as part of his job, always hypes up every season as the greatest yet.

I mean there's the specific gameplay formula they have, but also just get Jeffrey a samurai costume at Spirit Halloween, add some wind instruments to the soundtrack, and have him say platitudes about honour for season 48. Anything but the exact same theming please.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

STING 64 posted:

survivor is the hottest its been since its initial run in the early 2000s, despite complaints about perceived quality of the show. it's got more eyes on it now than any other point in the last 20 years.

Maybe people are watching back seasons more or whatever but the two lowest years for Survivor season viewership are the 2022-2023 seasons, followed by the 2023-2024 seasons.

Wikipedia has the same-day ratings and +7 average viewership ratings. They've both fallen off a cliff.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Apr 2, 2024

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mp5 posted:

I had a feeling as soon as I saw his shirts pre-game that my man was gonna Enterpreneur real hard off his reality TV time, lol

He also runs a pay subscription on Instagram where he sells access to thirst traps.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Nystral posted:

What was the season where the two tribes played paired tag where the players were tied together. One race had the biggest dude and the smallest dude together and IIRC the big dude’s chasing injured the small guy and he was like “you hurt me” and the big guy was “I don’t care”.

I think I stopped watching shortly thereafter because the show was just not really fun anymore.

Then I got hooked into the all winner season and… yeah.

Micronesia, Chet and uh... Joel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I don't know how to interpret a scale where the highest result is anger and the worst is eating candy for dinner.

The scale is the reaction the person would have to losing out on an Applebees Reward on Survivor. "I'd rather eat coconuts back at camp", not a big deal, it's okay. "I'm pissed (Liz, Survivor 46)" means you do like Applebees quite a lot.