Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Joined the fantasy league! It's a surprisingly effective way to feel invested. Is it ok if I invite my dad to the game? I watch the show with him and he loves fantasy football leagues and stuff.

Blind picks: Moriah, Soda, Tevin for chair at the finals. Can't yet decide who I'd like to win more, other than Jelinsky. Excited for this no matter what.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
jelinsky for next all stars season

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That was a wild first episode.

The advantage getting found day one was rad and it's cool that they require you to do riskier stuff now.
I really liked the challenge, the way it required all of them to cooperate, and especially Jeff's emphasis on how huge the cute gecko was. Dude was just enamored with LIZARD BIG. Jeff caught Soda's great lame joke too :3:. My dad was chanting for Jelinsky to break the puzzle in anger like everything else he failed at.
At tribal it was really not surprising to see Jelinsky go home. Not even for comedy value would I keep that dude. RIP the MASTER LEGEND of SURVIVING.

There is not anybody I dislike yet this season besides that weirdo who won't shut up about getting the wimmin out! Hopefully the women own his lame rear end.

Great stuff so far. Favorite cast member we met tonight? Mine is definitely Q.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 29, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Alright, I'll admit it, Q and I gave up." Big ol emphasis on how we screwed up. I loved him, he was terrible.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have adult ADHD and really felt her upset in that scene where Jess couldn't remember which was her stuff

Unlike with a few other contestants who've lacked necessary medicine, you can manage ADD/HD without. But it does take adjustment. I believe in her.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 1, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pinterest Mom posted:

What's the deal with Deal or No Deal Island (starring Boston Rob). Are we expecting it to be a Survivor-like I can't really tell.

It's real dire. The parlor game challenge to determine who would play the case opening game was just a crawl through a muddy pit to get submerged cases. It was over dramatic and took a half hour with commercials. The music really grates, they make it seem like the most epic thing in the world.

Then the contestants went back to the beach to socialize in lavish spa huts and there is no alliance element because the challenge winner just picks who plays the case game. In like half his confessionals Rob is just bitching about how he hates this part of the game.

The Deal or No Deal case opening doesn't matter immediately because the contestant is banking money they might not see before they're eliminated, they don't get any of it right then. And if they win the game they get to just point at who goes home. I was utterly bewildered Rob didn't go home first thing. Show isn't great!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 4, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Not really a fan of the extra vote, lose your vote, real idol fake idol shenanigans. It's too much like a game show than a reality show sometimes.

There is too much crying

I'll def still keep following this though. The challenge going on for so long it required a commercial break was a riot

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 9, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
(faintly, gently) tiiiikiiii maaan.....

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It was funny watching Jem just like stand there with a devilish grin while everyone else on the tribe dug around the tree. That had to be when their collective radar went off that something was wrong. Her subterfuge was fun but it was so satisfying to see it backfire.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Teek posted:

The producers and editors were probably giddy after that challenge.

The extended dramatic slow motion was awesome to see after watching a behind the scenes about how those are made. They're very proud of their effects work :3:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It feels like that's the direction the players are being pushed in. Having the advantage itself now makes you a Target. Therefore a way to allow players to continue to strategize after finding it is to tie knowledge of the immunity to something useless like the box. Now players can share that they have found 'something' without it being a risk to share because hey, they haven't opened it yet.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In case anyone's been wondering, Deal or no Deal Island has improved quite significantly! Definitely recommend watching it now if you like the Survivor formula of socialize -> challenge -> strategize -> "vote". All the players have their quirks that make them memorable, and the idea they are playing for multiple millions of dollars has started to dawn on them now. It seems like the show was intended to be a slow roll and so I take back my earlier criticism that it was confusing. In reality, it did take enough time to explain its weird concept and now is having much fun via twists so that it's not really luck-based anymore. It took a while to find its footing with editing and presentation but just now there was an advertisement for casting for a second season so let 'er rip! Welcome to the new age of oddballs hanging around on an island waiting for a million bucks!

If you're curious about Rob: Yes Rob is still there! But it really doesn't feel rigged toward him or anything. He's been pretty self-aware.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 19, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

d0grent posted:

Kenzie a few episodes ago after Q flip flopped on a vote: "next thing you know Q's gonna be like 'vote me, yall'"

This was the oddest funniest thing for him to do and I don't get it, can someone please explain it to me? There is no way it was genuine right? My whole watch group was like WHAT IS HIS PLAN??

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

STAC Goat posted:

And the need to take control is so much that he was even willing to sacrifice himself just to retake control. And he gets to at least go out playing the hero in his own mind.

That's wild but totally believable. Wanted to fall on his own sword. My unlikely guess was that it was a power play- in his eyes anyone with him would stick with the plan, anyone against would vote Q, and he'd get his way no matter what.

Loled so hard here

https://i.imgur.com/n0psC65.mp4

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

IcePhoenix posted:

I watched the sneak previews they post on youtube and I continue to be entertained by this tribe being a bunch of people that hate each other

Surely this will convince players to stop going on the show for the experience and start going on it to win money again :pray:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The best part of the rice negotiation was watching Jeff's expression change as he realized that he was getting told to shove it for the first time. A mixture of love for good television and frustration that these folks are gonna keel all themselves if he does not stop them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"he's literally an idiot". Amen sister :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

freeman posted:

The absolute greed to not play his idol there.

This. BAFFLING choice on his part. It seems like he got honestly fooled, yet he and Q were talking earlier about how obvious of targets they were. I really loved the way the show made clear earlier that Tiff was willing to play hers at the first sign of danger. Great editing work.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Spicy Jeff's cushion lmao I love this show

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
This applesode was just bonkers. Q villain arc Q villain arc Q villain arc. What a great season, Loving this.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 2, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow, all those comments itt speculating that his tantrum at tribal was about staying in control were on the money to the letter. I am impressed, a little sad, and mostly just awed

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mp5 posted:

The classic Kidnapplebees maneuver

Please please pen this to rob c so he can name the play on the podcast, for when it inevitably happens again in the future

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Charlie might just get immunity every episode going forward. He's really good at the challenges. Its going to be either him or Q at this point.

I have to imagine his proud confessional about grip strength after the challenge came by the interviewer asking him "how the hell did you do that?" I love him

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

STING 64 posted:

i thought it ruled, nobody ever just lets it out like that anymore

Agreed! It scared the hell out of my fam when she turned around yelling, it was great editing work, haha.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Filling up on generous appetizers and barely having room for the actual food that they still had to make is the real Applebee's experience, along with Olive Garden

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ben is a G. I think he's a lot smarter than the persona he puts on. Love him dropping Applebee's name in his confessional because it will get him on air.

Khanstant posted:

Hahaha oh my God what a nightmare. The Brands marking you with their scent and advertising on your face.

It's almost like a worse version of posting a viral tweet only for 300 News anchors to emerge from the woodwork asking if they can use your video for free

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They have a bar but it's a family restaurant and I like that chaotic combo. Give little Johnny some Jim Beam Maple with his special boy bacon, why not

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SweetJahasus posted:

Obviously none of you ever ate that pizza in the 90s otherwise you'd know it's made out of sheetrock.

Was gonna say I recall vividly the trenches of the lunchroom and the hardtack w/ sauce we had to eat to survive. I'd trade away my school pizza for some Survivor Pizza any day

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
url]https://x.com/CJacobsLP/status/1787258372112130422[/url

edit: Listen sometimes a guy just likes to play video games while waiting for the next episode of the hit show, Survivor

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 6, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mp5 posted:

nice self-promotion but let's get back to Applebee's Chat 2024

OMG THAT WAS SO THE WRONG TAB

Come back tomorrow to watch my survivor seasons applebee's menu tier list!! :negative:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 6, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pleasantly surprised we heard from him again after this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hahahaha I love this show, this absolutely rocks