Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jelinski is a hall of fame dipshit.

Also I want one of those geckos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Khanstant posted:

"last I checked, several means 7, not four"

What the gently caress is he thinking? I guess several and seven share the first four letters, but I thought everyone understood that couple is 2, a few is 3, and several is more than 3 - the minimum being 4.

I was laughing extremely hard at that, really established that he was a full idiot.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

obliriovrons posted:

It's funny to approach it like "the women always do really well! we need to vote out the women for once" when almost every new era season starts with like 6 women getting voted out in a row

It was also funny to have them talk about needing a women’s alliance and less than a minute later going “well of course we need one of the men in this alliance too”.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They did the same thing last season... They make every season the same after 40 so...

Bhanu went from cool last week to pretty pathetic this week.

Bhanu just came across like a total villain, him losing his poo poo and screaming at Jess during the challenge has me hoping for his downfall.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

metallica guy cool, good vibes

the other song contest guy not so much — “i love taylor swift, star wars and harry potter, i’m a pretty big nerd!” those are like literally the 3 most popular things in US pop culture

My favourite kind of guy is "yeah I'm into obscure nerdy things like The Lord of the Rings". Always slays me when it comes up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

feel like the sex + race based alliances always fracture before final (usually well before)

It’s a miracle if they last until the end of the episode most of the time.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

STING 64 posted:

This felt like one of the more egregious medivacs and while i dont think they should set a precedent every medivac/quit gets to come back, randen absolutely got a raw deal and should get a mulligan

Yeah like he wasn't going to tribal, he wasn't going to miss any game relevant stuff was it really going to damage the integrity of the game or show to just take him out for 16-24h to get an MRI done?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Studio posted:

Shoutouts to Lydia, queen of No Jump

(also I hate how survivorgif looks but what hell, it was useful for this)

No this is perfect and should be in the next season OP multiple times.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

41 is interesting for all the bits where they show the viewer things like secret advantages, the idea that you could know more than the players with Jeff doing pre-challenge bits where he'd hide an advantage on the sit out bench. All its unique bits are basically set dressing otherwise though since outside the box thing and "what did you think was going to happen" hourglass none of them really impacted the game much.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I love a blindside where the victim is clearly seething about it and not looking back to go "great move guys!" Doesn't happen enough these days, she looked like she couldn't get out of there fast enough.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah even in the UK the big reality shows have barely changed in over a decade, with the exception of Love Island and even that's getting on a bit now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah these days I have to go to the NMD pop music thread for that kind of braindead take.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

KingKapalone posted:

Having not watched since single digit seasons I don't know what is expected and what is a twist. Do they always merge at 13 people? Is it always the half immune, one person gone, and then the rest are part of the tribe? The preview said next week two people go home, so is that normal? Did they just edit it to look like someone was surprised? Couldn't be a twist if they are putting it in the preview.

This has been the pattern for the last 6 seasons yeah, same basic "twists" at the same points.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

there was a random Australian Survivor challenge where they went to a river with a strong current and they just had sets of two people face off swimming against the current. If you're first to reach a certain forward point you win, or if you get pulled backwards past a certain point you lose. It wasn't the greatest challenge ever but it was one of the most memorable because it was so simple and so different from anything else you see.

There was a challenge on UK Survivor (RIP) where they did a similar thing with both tribes racing round an oval track in the sea going through the shallows and deeper water. It was fun because one tribe basically told all the women to gently caress off we big men got this and they got completely owned. I assume that was an Aussie challenge originally too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I wouldn’t be surprised if the motivation for the bead idols was that it’s easier to hide them aka will you fuckers stop blabbing to the whole drat beach the second you find an idol?