Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
This might be the least invested I've been in a season at the start for a while so uhhh I guess we'll see how we go.

Pony: Jessica
Poison: uhhh Hunter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

TheCenturion posted:

Yet, oddly enough, we do insist that words like 'a pair' or 'a trio' or 'a quartet' are, in fact, the exact number, despite having the words 'two,' 'three,' 'four,' and so on.

Maybe 'several = seven' is a regional thing?

Because words like 'pentuplet' and so on kinda aren't commonly used outside of bands, despite being valid terms to specify 'five' and so on.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

IcePhoenix posted:

and another thing, why do they call them a "pair" of pants when you only have one!

It used to be that 'pants' were made up of two separate pieces, one for each leg. The current iteration where they are one single piece of clothing didn't come about til later.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I don't really get playing around the SITD in a situation like this. The majority 3 have a very obvious second target in Bhanu, so even if Jess successfully SITDs, they just go to a revote and vote Bhanu out.

Like it would be one thing if Bhanu was Jess' ally and would throw his vote at Kenzie, but this was a clear 4-1 situation.

Anyway, I'm gonna back Hunter. He seems the most normal in this cast of crazy. Soda's a potentially smart and fun option but I thought that about Katurah last season too.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

STAC Goat posted:

I don’t really blame the producers for this. It’s just the result of having one tribe be a miserable, quasi bullying, losing mess while the other tribes are left to go camping and play the game hypothetically. Like I’m sure they knew Bhanu would be an emotional guy but they probably didn’t know he’d spend the entire time being wore down as his tribe mates loudly discuss how stupid he is. Or that he’d be preceded by Jess going through a condensed version of the same thing.

I wonder if the tribe will be more likable now that they don’t have someone to be a jerk to.

I think they're partially to blame for sticking Jess and Bhanu on the same tribe, though. Like okay, maybe you can't predict Jelinsky. But having one third of the tribe be trainwrecks is just setting the tribe up for disaster.

A tribe could deal with 1/6th of their tribe being an Abi-Maria. 1/3... less so.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So Karla (from 43) has said the area where most of Sagi was digging for the planted Beware advantage was an area where her tribe would go to poop.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
People on Reddit are having a meltdown over Soda calling Venus a stick-bug and saying she's a bully.

Man, people are not okay.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Q would be a fascinating character study in a psych class.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Q is 'entertaining' in a trainwreck way but I know too many hyperanal controlling people like him in real life to actually enjoy him as a character.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Reddit is weird because a not insignificant portion are calling Ben a terrible person for thinking Q is a bully.

Honestly I think internet people don’t deserve Survivor anymore.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Invalid Validation posted:

I grew up poor so I wanted to make sure my daughter always got the things I never could. Applebees every week.

EVERY. GODAMN. WEEK.

I could have sworn she said she was allergic to beef too.

She said she was allergic to a lot of things, but she can eat beef.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Invalid Validation posted:

I just think it’s made up. It’s a very silly thing to say.

I feel like willingly not eating anything that other people are eating for at least two weeks is a lot for something made up.

It doesn't mean that she couldn't be a hypochondriac or exaggerating the severity of intolerances, it's just that it's better to err on the side of caution, and some people do have the bad luck of draw with intolerances.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Someone pointed out that licorice has gluten, yet Liz was eating that no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

STING 64 posted:

I dont think liz specified it was gluten just an allergy to coconuts and seafood which honestly are fairly common allergies

She can eat seafood, Tevin and Hunter apparently got crabs for her before they were voted out. She's also allergic to chicken (but not beef).

Also Jeff said specifically in this episode that there was gluten free pizza so Liz could eat.