Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jelinski seems pretty cool... Oh nevermind, the fucker put me in last place in the fantasy league.

Tevin, Soda, Bhanu seem like pretty decent people. Although I imagine it'd be hell sharing the camp with Soda in her full on summer camp vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nystral posted:

So I wrapped up Traitors AU S2 and now want to know more about Luke, what season of Survivor AU should I be looking for?

Luke is one of the greats and his seasons of Survivor AU are pretty fun. Season 2 of Australia (his first) is when they started play the game. They also has the "moral dilemma" twist. Where a Survivor on each tribe got to pick between firewood for the camp or a large jar of cookies they could do whatever they wanted with...

Season 4 also introduced David, who is one of the GOATs from all Survivor IMO.

Season 2 is 27 episodes though. Which they use the extra episodes to stretch the end out.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 4, 2024

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Invalid Validation posted:

If that’s the case, that challenge was basically impossible. Challenges should be completed by normal people if they keep at it.

It's probably completely doable to complete the challenge, but with a lot of effort and likely using a majority of the 4 hour time limit (the edit at least said they quit well before the halfway mark I believe). The missed the clear strategy of soaking their clothes in the ocean before making the trip.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Khanstant posted:

How do you wear your pants??

Up to my nipples.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

They put 3 first boots in the same tribe!!!

They did the same thing last season... They make every season the same after 40 so...

Bhanu went from cool last week to pretty pathetic this week.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"I've been praying all day... and God answered by loving over someone else"

Also, yet another reason to let Survivors leave the game for a day to get basic medical care and checks (like Australian Survivor) instead of just pulling them out instantly.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Murmur Twin posted:

I don’t know if it’s related but I think it’s horseshit that Probst penalizes the losing tribe by taking their flint - after three seasons in a row of one tribe getting decimated it feels like we’re just rewatching Cook Islands over and over and I feel like that has to be a nonzero factor in re: why.

They are just casting and putting a few real shitheads on the same tribe every season. There's no way you can look at Jelensky and not realize he's probably real lovely at a lot of poo poo he tries to do. How can you trust anyone that goes by their last name.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Survivor, drop the 4 and add in the sob stories.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

blue squares posted:

Which is the one you’re considering one of the best?

As far as Australian Survivor goes, Titans Vs Rebels just ended airing this week and was a really good season of Survivor. Likewise last year's Heroes Vs Villains season (12 returnees & 12 new players made the cast) was also a really good season.

I personally didn't mind Blood Vs Water and it's at least worth watching. Also funny intro as the season had Sandra and her daughter Nina and they had them fly in on a helicopter, by themselves.

The longer (47 days) seasons and less advantages and idols in play make the cast actually work and have alliances and relationships to get far in the game. They are actually able to play the game of Survivor.

I don't think there's a single thing that US Survivor is doing currently that is up to the level of Australian Survivor (except MAYBE if you don't want to watch 24 episodes...)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CODChimera posted:

what the gently caress was that jumping business?

weird loving show. i've watched S3 + S4 of Survivor Au so far and yeah its a lot better, starting S5 and dear god RUSSELL ?????

Don't worry about Russell in Australian Survivor... He gets voted out at the 2nd tribal with an idol around his neck...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CODChimera posted:

what the gently caress was that jumping business?

Nobody had any swimming / heights fears so they had to find the white person that can't jump.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Poque posted:

She seems cool and good but pre-game apparel shops will always be cringe.

If you have a business opportunity, you got to jump on it right away.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STING 64 posted:

david vs goliath is pretty much the universal Jumping On point for modern american survivor, tho i would argue that 41 is probably good for post-pandemic survivor as its more or less the reset of the game.

Probably don't want to watch a 4x season along side 45 as the games will be pretty much exactly the same with more or less the same "twists" at the same time, and probably quite confusing to watch together...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STING 64 posted:

41 is pretty different from the current seasons

It's not that different at all. 41 is the introduction to the "Beware Advantages" & "Shot in the Dark." Some of the twists are slightly different with the hour glass & exile island at the 13 player merge / not merge. Where recent seasons the 13th player just picks a side.

The only twist actually different in 41 was the challenge where the 1st person out had to win the Monty Hall problem at tribal to stay in the game.

But otherwise season 41 has the same twists as 45 and presumably what 46 will have.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KingKapalone posted:

What type of material seems like padding? Tim talking about pooping?

It doesn't seem like too much padding to me. Sure there's more camp life bits. But that's more or less what the show should have instead of being actual padding.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You have to appreciate how absolutely lazy production is now days. They ran the same exact challenge on the same exact episode number 2 seasons in a row.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STING 64 posted:

i love the auction because nobody, whether online or in actual survivor, ever takes the pizza.

Australian Survivor host JLP took a slice from this last season's pizza auction item. :lol:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ninjahedgehog posted:

I think it's just that they're using local chefs who know of pizza from American movies and TV but it's never really played a prominent role in their lives. So you ask them to make some pizza and they have no loving clue what normally goes on pizza, so you get weird poo poo like whole green olives and hot dog slices and chunks of broccoli, and then you leave it out in the sun for a couple hours while Jeff does a few takes and you get these monstrosities.

Although after 15 days of eating nothing but papaya and rice I'd still absolutely gently caress up that "pizza"

I don't really see it. They are on a Fiji island resort. I can't imagine the chefs have no idea how to actually cook a pizza or american comfort food.

But year after 15 days, it's like finding the cold pizza the next morning, but multiplied by 2 weeks. You don't care what's on it. It's a pizza and pizza always comes through.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's pretty cool for the 2nd week in a row they have run the same immunity challenge at the same episode as they did for season 45. Although they did at least switch the end puzzle to a different one...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

obliriovrons posted:

Is this something that actually bothers people lol

How could it not bother people to see how absolutely lazy Survivor production is at this point? Repeating a challenge, sure that's pretty normal for Survivor. Repeating a full challenge, to the point where they probably didn't take it down between filming is real bad.

Survivor's already know the schedule of "twists" in the 4x Survivor, are we going to get to the point they know what challenge they are even going to run that day...?

15-20 years later, people still remember bits about the early seasons of Survivor, nobody is going to remember a drat thing about the 4x seasons in 10 years. People might remember a few players, but otherwise, the seasons have no identity.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

inferis posted:

Other game shows such as the price is right also have repeated challenges

I thought I explained it well enough in the post you quoted. But I'm not complaining about repeating challenges alone. But repeating challenges at the same exact day / episode number. It's a true lack of care about the show from Jeff & the producers.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KingKapalone posted:

Having not watched since single digit seasons I don't know what is expected and what is a twist. Do they always merge at 13 people? Is it always the half immune, one person gone, and then the rest are part of the tribe? The preview said next week two people go home, so is that normal? Did they just edit it to look like someone was surprised? Couldn't be a twist if they are putting it in the preview.

It's a "twist" but it's not a twist anymore because they haven't changed anything up drastically since 41. There's slight adjustments to some of the twists (like 41 let the odd person out at the 13 player merge flip the immunity results). Otherwise, the game has been the same.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

fps_nug posted:

It's been feeling incredibly desperate lol. I wonder if they have few/weak applicants

They probably get tons of lovely applicants. Jeff personally would rather have actual people applying and getting on the show than the Mactors of the past. So I think it's less desperation, and just what he really wants (at the moment).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

You could definitely put dough in a can and maybe that’s a thing but no one is in a school cafeteria rolling out dough. Either it’s frozen dough already in sheets they just cut and add canned sauce and frozen cheese. Or it’s just all pre made frozen.

I mean it's most obviously going to be pre-made frozen pizza. Tostinos already makes lovely square pizza. Just order it in bulk and make it full sheet pan sized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Interesting they said Liz was eating rice. But they turned down the rice.