Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Q is a complete chaos elemental

Why does everyone want him to stay? Because he's funny at camp sometimes?

Bonkers poo poo this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Q's arrogance is more evident in confessionals and what he's passing for strategy than how he talks to people directly

His offered help to Bhanu was obviously self serving at that point in the game as well, admittedly to an unknown degree but I don't think that's a very good counterexample

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

CJacobs posted:

If you're curious about Rob: Yes Rob is still there! But it really doesn't feel rigged toward him or anything. He's been pretty self-aware.

I do wonder about the no elimination day, but yeah it's been fun enough

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I think Q is planning to turn his Survivor appearance into something more once he gets home. He wants to monetize some persona he imagines he's building for himself as a clever and honorable strategist. The send me home it's the right thing to do and all the hide and seek analysis etc

I think he probably isn't pleased with how it actually looks on TV but that's my guess

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Whatever his intentions, asking to be voted out of a contest for a million dollars makes NO SENSE unless he's having a mental breakdown or it's some braingenius strategy and nobody should rely on him ever again for their own game

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Khanstant posted:

Winning tribe gets to rename losing tribe.

Caca

That sounds like a generic survivor tribe name anyway. Have they ever used brown buffs?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

mp5 posted:

And then “okay okay but what if we take away two votes instead” as if that isn’t way worse and dumber

What if only one person but they go to exile Island, lose their shot in the dark, and I stab them

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

fps_nug posted:

Who's going home tonight? If you call it wrong you owe me 20 dollars.

Rupert

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Tense great crazy stupid TV

Terrible (non)play by hunter

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Being the biggest strongest dude in the era of No Food has to play a serious toll on your ability to think straight. Nobody's feeling the calorie deficit like him other than possibly Ms Allergies to Everything

Not that it excuses anything but it makes me wonder about Jeff's supposed crush on big strong men

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

mp5 posted:

It’s real; look at how he treated Jonathan in 42 and even Hunter in this episode during the challenge

“Sure you can go back and help your teammates on the rope bridge” like what???

I mean that was probably explained in the walkthrough that we don't see

Are you suggesting Jeff just made that up on the spot? Could be of course, but there's no evidence

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Seems like if he was just making it up on the spot to help Hunter he wouldn't make him go back across his own bridge and around. It seemed like he was referencing established rules.

But maybe not.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Survivor: Oops! All Goats

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Weird chaos avatar Q survives another vote lmao

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'd rank Charlie right on par with Kenzie. He has immunity wins and a good position but he hasn't really made any strategic decisions and he had the flub of that one Venus vote. Kenzie has been swimming the Yanu upstream and has generally good social and strategic prowess. She did just get excluded from the Tiff vote but there are good reasons for that which aren't her fault; she would have been the most likely to squeal. But she still has a good position and she's played an active game.

If I were a juror and FTC was between Charlie and Kenzie right now I'd vote for Kenzie.

I think more people just like him though. Don't overlook how many jurors over the years just vote for people they actually like and ignore the gameplay spreadsheet

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

mp5 posted:

You seem to think that’s a bad or invalid way to play?

Not at all, probably one of the best. At least as something you weigh heavily, not the only criteria.

I think gamebot checklist "resume" mode is a lot less fun but it's definitely true that big moves can amuse and impress

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I can easily see a survivor stress and hunger induced meltdown but she acted proud of it the next day. That's embarrassing

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

wilderthanmild posted:

It's weird she had a whole story ready about Applebee's being special to her.

A minor coincidence.

Only seems odd because if she's WEALTHY why Applebee's specifically

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
It's fully true and I have similar guilty pleasures

I just meant it's at odds with her manufactured persona but I phrased it badly. Probably just truth peeking through the bullshit cloud really

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

A Fancy Hat posted:

She's got to suffer through everyone going, then everyone coming back and being like "It's soooo good, it was delicious, I couldn't even eat it all!"

That was really lovely of them but that's not when the meltdown happened.

And again I think the meltdown is understandable but acting proud of it later is much more embarrassing

Poque posted:

Filling up on spinach artichoke dip when there’s a burger coming is more unhinged than anything Liz did

Seriously

NGL I'd eat a mozzarella stick but you have a chicken breast and burger patty coming, don't just fill up on fat and booze wtf

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
They always pick and choose narratives. They pretty much have to, distilling days into minutes

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Ah yes that huge multinational chain with 1500+ restaurants in 49 US states

Everybody obviously hates it

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
If I choose Applebee's will I be forced to drink pepsi like a filthy peasant?

Can we get some a Chili's up here instead?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

STAC Goat posted:

I dislike Liz and think her reaction was very obnoxious but it’s weird that people can’t just accept that she visits Applebees with her kid or has food allergies. Like how she deals with these things or talks about them is one thing. But she’s probably not like whatshisname just making up dead grandmas. She probably just likes Applebees.

The whole thing is rigged! All actors! Applebee's Deepfakes!

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I'm very sure Applebee's wanted a mortifying meltdown by a boastful weirdo as part of their latest ad campaign

All part of the plan

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Khanstant posted:

Applebee's also has all the crap kids love. Everything there is designed to be smothered in ketchup.

Her kid apparently orders pizza

At Applebee's

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Poque posted:

One of my strongest food memories is Applebees pizza and I passed some eighth grade standardized test by writing a narrative essay about it.

I feel this way about elementary school rectangle pizza which by literally any objective measure must have been god awful

Kids like what they like

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Just posting his assassination coordinates like that smdh

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Studio posted:

This has been a problem for decades lmao

"Problem"

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Q continues to own bones by being a weird goat

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

ApplesandOranges posted:

Someone pointed out that licorice has gluten, yet Liz was eating that no problem.

She might not know and she ate about a half inch of it so it simply might not matter

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
We haven't heard one mention of getting Charlie out but if he makes it to the end, who wouldn't vote for him?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

STING 64 posted:

if i eat shellfish i turn blue and die

I've never understood claims like this because that's a broad category (not saying you're full of poo poo, genuinely confused)

Arthropods? All of them?
Mollusks? All of them?

What about squid?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Oh i definitely don't question anyone's food restrictions in practice but I'm intellectually curious because even "fish" is a wildly broad category before you add mollusks and arthropods

It feels like if someone said they're allergic to all "land animals" because they can't have pork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
If everyone finds her obnoxious, she's probably obnoxious

But who knows? Not us