Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Really liked getting to know Tevin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Venus is like 20 right? She came across exactly like a smart 20 year old who thinks they have everything in the bag. Honestly she acred less of a cocky twenty year old than Carson last year. But she is also a woman.

And don’t get me wrong I don’t want to spend even a couple of days with a cocky twenty year old so I can totally imagine why people would get tired of her.

Edit: holy poo poo she is 25???? Ok then nevermind I would have bet my life savings she was super young.

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 10, 2024

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Poque posted:

25 IS super young, especially when her entire life since turning 21 has been ruined by the pandemic

I mean yes it is not trying to say 25 isn’t young but also there is a massive difference between a 20 year old and a 25 year old. That’s like second year college versus graduating grad school.

Or at least I used to think so. Honestly yeah no idea how Covid will affect that.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ApplesandOranges posted:

We've had younger contestants than Venus who still seem less... Venus, at least, even in new era.

Probably. I just assumed she was someone who had basically never interacted with adults on a constant basis because she was still in college.

I still get the impression she is someone who has never interacted with adults on a constant basis

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Propaganda Machine posted:

That analysis is bull. My mom graduated undergrad at age 28 and retired in a position of tenure. I myself am pushing 40 with that undergrad, and I loving dare you to put some kind of high-achieving young Carson against me.

Maturity and life experience somehow doesn't get very much credit even though literally everybody who hasn't died young is subject to it.

???

I don’t think we disagree. I was saying 20 year olds are idiots by and large, especially ones in college.

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Propaganda Machine posted:

Okay. But I don't think that going on to a grad degree in your 20s changes that very much.

Sorry to get incensed. It does suck to be pushing 40 and working on college so I'm sorry for taking it personally.

Oh grad students are ducking stupid too I just remember her talking about college and I was just using that as a reference for her age/life experience. If anything I think a 25 year old who never went to school would do better than a 25 year old grad student on this show.

Also my dad was career army so he got his undergrad degree six months before I got my undergrad degree. He was in his 50s. My mom is still working on that AA degree she started at 19. She is retired in her 70s. Good luck with yours.