Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I have a wife. I have a grandma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Jelinski seems pretty cool... Oh nevermind, the fucker put me in last place in the fantasy league.

Tevin, Soda, Bhanu seem like pretty decent people. Although I imagine it'd be hell sharing the camp with Soda in her full on summer camp vibes.

I really enjoyed that castaways normally try to hide that they're lawyers, but Hunter was more concerned about hiding his own camp background for fear of being made to sing

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I hope that a unanimous vote against somebody who wasn't her will let Jess at least sleep for a night. That'll go a long way (as would winning immunity in the next ep). Thinking about Aubry having an early meltdown in her original season, but then getting a little bit of a buffer and taking it a long way.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Based on what we were shown - and it’s never enough to make an actual informed decision - I kinda agreed with the quit on Sweat. It looked next to impossible. You can’t ever quit that task though, you have to go all the way to the end

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lol this cast is unhinged. I hope we’re in for as wild of a season as it seems

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Liz just randomly saying something like “I THINK SHE GOT CRUSHED” to nobody while Venus was talking about her foot killed me

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Bhanu at least seems like somebody who will see last episode and feel some shame about it. He’s too honest, too emotional, and he believes everything 100% the second he hears it, maybe the worst possible combo for Survivor.

I was really enjoying the closed captioning during the challenge because it was mostly just [DISTORTED SCREAMING]

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I’m not sure I can handle the potential of a Bhanu Goat Arc

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The guy literally medevaced for potential paralysis felt like he was on less of a path toward irreparable out-of-game harm than Bhanu

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Losing my mind trying to imagine being an IRL friend of Bhanu and feeling socially obligated to continue attending his watch parties

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Literally all five stages of grief within like twenty seconds lmao

Top five worst casting mistake of all time

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Diabetic posted:

Did they not eat from the challenge they won?

They traded it for a tarp and tool kit

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm excited for the actual game to start now, this cast seems great and now 75% of the rest of the season won't be taken up by Lil 2

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
seriously can't give enough love to the editors in last night's ep though.

Denial: "I'm not going home, because I'm going to find the idol!"
Anger: "Where is that DAMNED IDOL?!"
Bargaining: "TIFF HELP ME PLEASE TIFF HELP ME"
Depression: "Only nine days. Why even send me out here"
Acceptance: [laying prone in the sand]

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
You've already got 90 minute episodes so just expand each tribe to 8 and have only one tribe win immunity each week.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Her jump in the challenge was good :3:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
She seems cool and good but pre-game apparel shops will always be cringe.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

KingKapalone posted:

Is there a way to look up info about these seasons without getting immediately spoiled? I looked at season 45 on Wikipedia and practically the second sentence has the winner. I googled another one and saw a survivor wiki but that also had the winner in the first sentence on the Google results page. I might have seen Pearl Island if it was season 7 since I only watched those first seasons.

I’d just ask here. It’s extremely difficult to avoid spoilers on wiki or anywhere else, and the show itself puts the most important players (including the winner) on the DVD covers / season art. Everybody here will be totally willing to talk about our dumb show, heh.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

Gabon is a great season of Survivor don't listen to the haters

Agreed. Panama is also amazing. Skip Samoa.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Samoa is uninteresting, mean, and teaches lessons that only babies like Russell need to be taught

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I could've gotten 1-21 pretty easily. 22-24 all blend together, I always remember Philippines is 25 for some reason. 26-38 would've been a problem.

Also am I just burnt out on this season or was that episode boring as hell? I would normally love a good blindside but it didn't feel very well-developed.

Poque fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 28, 2024

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Turns out that staring unblinkingly at somebody while emotionlessly repeating "C'mon, you can trust me, tell me who you're going to vote for" is not a winning Survivor strategy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Thinking about going on Survivor and being put on a tribe of all Max Dawsons and just walking into the ocean, never to return

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Studio posted:

SURVIVOR: DAWSONS VS FOLEYS VS RODNEYS

Just a historically unpleasant cast, lmao

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Nihonniboku posted:

They continued to have raiding the other camp as a reward for challenges for many seasons, but not every season. I don't recall the last time they did that. But you're right, a big part of that was the theme for that season, and we haven't had a specific theme in the new era, so every season is allowed to blend together.

I think Kaleb did it last season

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

KingKapalone posted:

The first challenge to haul the cannon sure was different too.

Morgan Behind

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Bring back the ATTACK ZONE from Thailand

Also bring back Robb from Thailand.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
He voted for Soda in case she played her Shot, it’s the exact same as Charlie voting for Moriah last episode. Only difference is Soda didn’t use it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mp5 posted:

What? He being Tevin? Voted for Venus, not Soda.

Sorry, that’s what I meant. His vote was in case of a successful shot in the target. He was def annoyed about the credit going to Venus, heh.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The Liz Winner Arc is beginning :getin:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

AndrewP posted:

If she makes it

A girl on the latest season of Bachelor in Paradise had to leave because she couldn’t poo poo

I was definitely thinking awhile back that the reward that gave people coffee would be amazing for exactly that reason.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This cast is so sloppy, it's been really good since Bhanu left.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

KingKapalone posted:

About to start watching Cook Islands and lol they split them up by race? Oh 2006.

Cook Islands loving rules, enjoy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol Ben is randomly playing a venue like a block from my house next week so I guess I will go to that!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

obliriovrons posted:

I don't think it's a flub for Charlie to have voted Venus in that one vote. Moriah played her shot in the dark, and in the SITD era everyone should truly not all be voting for the same person.

I agree with this but the actual flub was coming clean at the worst possible time after tribal.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Filling up on spinach artichoke dip when there’s a burger coming is more unhinged than anything Liz did

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fadam posted:

It's relatively rare, right? We've seen dozens of people just as poor off as Liz manage to lose something they wanted and then not lose their poo poo about it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being emotional, but having a temper tantrum about it is pretty obnoxious and shouldn't have any place in a competition imo. Makes things super awkward for Q.

Oh no poor stable Q

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Why is that not self-aware

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rubber Chicken posted:

Her kid apparently orders pizza

At Applebee's

One of my strongest food memories is Applebees pizza and I passed some eighth grade standardized test by writing a narrative essay about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Invalid Validation posted:

With all the poo poo they put into the bourbon burger it’s surprising she isn’t allergic to that either.

No kidding. I’m allergic to pineapple and it’s in a lot of sauces.