Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That was a really good first episode. I feel like I like 3-4 people already and I usually need half a season to warm up to a cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Poque posted:

Based on what we were shown - and it’s never enough to make an actual informed decision - I kinda agreed with the quit on Sweat. It looked next to impossible. You can’t ever quit that task though, you have to go all the way to the end

It would have been difficult without the holes in the bucket. Sitting on my couch I wondered if they could have made some mud to cover the holes but I would never have thought of that on the island.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah that episode was quite a comedown after episode 1. Like someone said earlier, the fake idol thing wasn't wantonly cruel due to the existence of the shot in the dark, but it still felt really mean while it was happening, especially or maybe probably because of how nice Jess comes off.

I don't know if the "loser tribe" is a purposeful thing or a mistake they keep making but I'm sort of over it as a concept.

Metallica Guy is still cool, Tavin is still cool, and I am finding Venus to be entertaining.

obliriovrons posted:

If you go into Survivor like "I'm not going to really try to make an alliance before merge" you are very unlikely to make it to merge

It seems like that is the reason that Jess originally ended up on the bottom 2 in episode 1.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Y’all are braver than me that dude prayed and someone’s arm just stopped, I am saying nothing about that dude.

Metallica guy rules. Build doctor teacher guy rules.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

"I've been praying all day... and God answered by loving over someone else"

Also, yet another reason to let Survivors leave the game for a day to get basic medical care and checks (like Australian Survivor) instead of just pulling them out instantly.

Yeah a day feels completely fair of there is a chance someone can come back in.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Team Green seems absolutely bored out of their minds.

Tevin yelling out “Jordan!” as Hunter granny shot it is an extremely funny basketball joke.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
They need to do a reward challenge where the jump training shoes from the 90s are on the line.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Flatbread covered in butter and hot dog slices, served on a plastic leaf.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I have a vague memory of someone who lost their flint was making fire anyway but I could totally have imagined that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

One thing I’ve learned the past few seasons is that everyone is a threat no matter what they do. My boy is eating sand? gently caress that guy he knows how to really survive!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Venus is smart and people don’t like her. To me that is an ideal #1 Survivor ally I guess other than someone who wins all the challenges but people hate.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The challenges were one of the only memorable parts of the China that were positive. I loved that they had the balance beam thing one team should have easily won but no one could follow the rules.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
“Venus did you do this?”
“N…yes! Yes I did!”

Lol Venus is so entertaining to me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
VENUS IS THE MASTERMIND

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Good episode. It's hard to argue with getting Hunter out when you can, although I do kind of wonder if this particular jury was going to be super impressed with a challenge beast. I guess we'll never know.

E: Like I think he beats Q AND Venus, but if he's up there with like one of Venus or Q and is against Kenzie, Tiff, Maria or maybe even Charlie, I see that going the other way. And, I think he would have needed a good final tribal to beat Ben or Liz.

E2: but I mean I'm voting for VENUS here... . . .

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 25, 2024

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There's no way they don't do an old school vs new school at some point but I would like to see a new cast of returns before they go to that well.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Q rules.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I almost ordered Applebees tonight but then I remembered it's one of the worst delivery experiences possible.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

STING 64 posted:

you gotta pick up applebees, you gotta earn it

That/s true and you gotta eat the side on the drive back even if it's 5 minutes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
If I got cast on Survivor I would talk about how much I liked Applebees and then say how my favorite thing on their menu was the chicken parm they got rid of like 10 years ago and I'd weave it into every strategy conversation so they couldn't edit it out completely and Applebees would be forced to bring it back.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Propaganda Machine posted:

I once heard a rumor that the disgusting rectangle school pizza comes out of a can, somehow.

You could probably put the dough in a can it's extremely basic stuff that you ultimately pour into a cookie sheet, but also so basic that it would be less cost effective to do so.

I've sunk a lot of time looking at this for whatever reason but never actually gone through with trying to make it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

STING 64 posted:

i thought school lunch pizza was pretty good in the 90s but ours were normal slices not rectangles

I went to a lot of schools and there were definitely some that did it better than other schools even though apparently a fairly standard recipe was used most places around the country (I could definitely see though how you could mess it up though). My high school also had slices and it was closer to real pizza and decent; my school was an earlier adopter of "hey we'll let the corporations feed the kids for a bit at a premium" and we had Pizza Hut and Taco Bell once a week and honestly the school pizza was better than Pizza Hut personal pizzas, which I think were like yesterday's unused pizza reheated and sold to us for $6 when the normal school pizza like half that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I’ll miss Venus. I don’t think anyone has made me laugh so much in years on this show.

I figured she was gone when they had her say the line about going home with the idol in her pocket with the music sting but they at least did an okay job making Q seem at least a possible vote.