Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
This will definitely be the worst season of the new era unless something changes quickly. Casting has actually been pretty on point recently but the vibes are absolutely horrible this time around.

Obviously Kenzie, Tiff and Q being gross and condescending toward Jess and Bhanu (who, to be sure, were very bad players) accounts for most of the rot, but there's been other lovely stuff as well, like Yanu getting shade from the other tribes for losing and the woman on the green tribe taking a little too much pleasure out of her fake advantage wild goose chase.

I'm struggling to find people to root for. Posi-vibes Metallica/David Lee Roth guy seems decent at least? Possible redemption arcs for Venus and weird internet millionaire lady? I don't know. It's bad, folks.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Whether it's 2 teams of 9 or 3 teams of 6 doesn't matter to me so much as long as they reshuffle everybody into 2 or 3 tribes (respectively) before the merge. We really do need more mutual exposure and opportunity for relationship building amongst players regardless of whether one tribe is getting pagonged out of existence.

At this rate I suspect they'll just skip the tribe swap and go straight to the merge after an episode or two. I hope I'm wrong though.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Very much enjoyed seeing a completely new group of people actually playing Survivor rather than salsa dancing the days away on the beach while we're stuck watching the longform implosion of a single tribe over 4 episodes.

I like all the remaining Siga's, especially Maria, who probably shouldn't have wasted the extra vote but as has been mentioned it could lower her threat level.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
This season kind of rules now. I can't remember such a drastic shift in quality from pre-merge to post-merge. Q and Venus are Survivor all-timers, just fantastic characters.

Charlie/Maria look pretty strong but it's hard to imagine they make it until the end without getting targeted. The rest of the tribe is such a disorganized mess though, maybe they'll sneak through if everybody else keeps turning on each other.

Hard to figure out power rankings beyond them. I would've said Kenzie and Tiff as #3 and #4 in some order but Kenzie's being sloppy and too many people already want Tiff out.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Leatherhead posted:

Wild poo poo. I love how basically every single fantasy team lost the points for Hunter going home with an idol in his pocket. I've clawed my way up to first place, but I don't think I can hold onto it without Charlie and Liz on my team. My only hope is a Liz medivac.

The fact that Venus was in on the Hunter vote means she's actually managed to burrow her way back into the game. I'm not sure how much was her work, and how much was Q/Tevin/Hunter suiciding themselves, but good for her. Lol on Hunter for poo poo-talking her all merge and then coming to her and Liz to be like 'hey please help me stay in the game'.

I agree that Kenzie moving on Tiff was massive overplay. When that was the plan, people were already lining up to take her out next. I feel like the person she ACTUALLY needs out of the game is Charlie (not that that was an option tonight), and she needs someone else to take the blame for it. If she can somehow use Q as a stalking horse for that, she'd be sitting pretty.

Didn't Venus vote for Q or did I misread that? I wondered if there might've been some sort of vote split at work, because that's essentially how it panned out, but they didn't seem to have the time to plan something of that precision.

I agree though that there might actually be daylight for Venus in the game if she plays her cards right the rest of the way. Maybe she's too dislikable and has already done enough damage, but there's plenty of time for a redemption story, and if nobody's taking her seriously as a threat there's real opportunity for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
4 players in one season (5 if you count Randin) going home with idols in their pocket is wild.

I wonder if Maria dragging Q along as a goat poses an actual threat to her game. We know Liz, Tiff, Venus, Kenzie and Ben have/have had issues with him. The bitter jury thing is not a very "new era" way of approaching the game, but people have gotten pretty torqued about Q. Maybe that plus the rock paper scissors fiasco is enough to put a serious dent in her respectability.

Realistically though, she's probably a goner as soon she doesn't win immunity. Things do seem to be lining up well game-wise and edit-wise for Charlie. The main question I have is whether or not it's worth getting Kenzie out before Q. I just would not want to be sitting next to her at the end. She's got that intangible likability (even despite some of the lovely stuff she did earlier on in the season) and social ease, and articulates herself well enough to be a strong FTC performance away from a win.