Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Tevin train for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jelinsky with his like half-Yakuza tattoo

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

And now there’s all that broken glass in the sand, like cmon man

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

And just like that we’re losing votes left and right on the same tribe

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Coming back from the challenge and he just crashes in the shelter with everyone else walking away, like, cmon lol

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jeff was trying his hardest to swing the vote the other way but also couldn’t resist dunking on Jelinsky either

I think this is the only time, other than Sean last season, where a man has been voted out so early in the new era.

https://twitter.com/amikebloomtype/status/1763036196463079495

mp5 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 29, 2024

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Will re-roll w/ Slot Machine salesman if Jemila lost already

good call

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I loved him!
Cackled at the hourglass smash.

"you break it, you're outta the challenge!!!!!"

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Diabetic posted:

Jelinsky is the kind of guy I wouldn't trust to not drown in the rain. Holy poo poo, I've worked with guys like him who think they do hard work and are amazing and you feel gaslit that they think that.

It really upset me for people to want to keep him instead of Jess, back to back to back gently caress ups and it took tribal where he again, hosed himself for him to get a unanimous vote. Jess, win this whole thing out of pure spite, please.

If Jess can survive the next 2-3 votes she'll probably do fairly well in the end. It feels like she's got the foundation for a great "coming out of the shell" growth arc to her character that isn't resolved yet.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

My stepfather used to throw hourglasses at me when I refused to carry water in a bucket in the backyard

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Demon_Corsair posted:

But we clearly see the idea of a women’s alliance being floated by the women.

The show puts that on there every time someone even utters the term “women’s alliance” when it has actually happened like twice in the show’s history, I’ll believe it when I see it

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Propaganda Machine posted:

When was the last time a man was voted out first?

Abraham in 41, Twitter God Zach in 42

Lampsacus posted:

I'm fairly certain he smashed the hour glass out of frustration rather than accidently dropped it. I could be wrong.

No, you're right that he was frustrated, but you are also being lightly clowned upon for reading way too deeply into Tired Frustrated Jelinsky

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

that's just a toga really

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

You said one pant, you didn’t say how big it had to be

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

wilderthanmild posted:

Talking about "big moves need to be made" in episode 2 lol. Why do people always fall into this so early?

Blame Cagayan basically

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

When they were burying Jelinsky it was funny

This is not that

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Diabetic posted:

Is saying: "Let's go to the final tribe with an all girl alliance" just an absolute death knell for the people trying to do it? On paper, yes it absolutely works, in reality, it has never really worked because there is always one or two that are like "Ya know those boys know what they are doing."

It’s worked twice (all the way only once) in 45 seasons up till now.

But most of the men except Tevin seem kinda dead in the water anyway so who knows

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Are you calling out -----One World----- and -----Micronesia-----?

You're half-right. Vanuatu's all-woman alliance was extremely powerful and controlled the game right up until the moment it didn't

The second one you posted was the successful one I was thinking of though. I think we're all better off not thinking about the first one, or just attributing it to one standout person.

Invalid Validation posted:

I think trying to form an alliance this early on is pointless. Gotta be nice with people till the merge then you can start pulling in your old tribe buddies. Like less than a week isn’t enough time to get in good with people.

The first week is almost always the most critical time, on Big Brother and Survivor both. The early boots on those shows, especially recently, start playing too late.

mp5 fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 8, 2024

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

That’s really funny

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Wonder if Bhanu's gonna make it out of this week

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I think he’s just sleep deprived and tilted

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Well I guess this pretty much guarantees a swap next episode, the same exact poo poo happened to Yellow Tribe Whose Name I Forget last time. They had to swap to prevent an Ulong situation

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fast Luck posted:

Guy slept wrong and gets medevaced

nah problems like that in your neck don't just happen from sleeping wrong, it all sounds really weird but it's 100% legit

Randen's bought Bhanu one more set of days unless there's a swap, since presumably he still won't have a vote next time he goes

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

It would be nice to imagine just getting an MRI and walking back to resume the game but straight up that is not how it works with what happened to Randen

There’s also this, from his post-game interviews, which happened weeks after he was pulled

https://twitter.com/amikebloomtype/status/1768303443045650611?s=46

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Thinking back on the block-stacking challenge: Randen was underneath Nami's blocks for a while and had some blocks land on his head, which would have been hard on his spinal column. Everything we saw from that challenge suggested it went on for a long time.

If I had to guess I'd say it was spinal compression trauma from that challenge (or another one, like lifting the stupidly heavy gecko that also almost killed Kenzie and Tevin) that led to his numbness symptoms.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

He was probably sleeping about as well as Jess (none) and was in a similar game position (waiting to get voted out)

It seems like based on a poorly-recolored buff for Kenzie, and Venus with a purple bag in the background in the preview that theres gonna be a swap just like last time to save the disaster tribe from getting Ulong’d.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

It probably means Kenzie or Tiffany is going to be a principal character; the same thing happened with Yam Yam/Carolyn/Carson

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah there’s not a lot of careers that come out of pooping in the woods for 39 days apart from life coach, Cameo hustler, actor, or motivational speaker

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

This fuckin sucks

Like of course the results are what they are and they can’t change that so they gotta storytell around it but

This cast has been really poorly portrayed and the season is really unfun

Like we gotta watch a dead man walking who can’t even play his bullshit shot in the dark because he got screwed by a mandatory journey. He’s ofc not a very good survivor player anyway but nobody should get screwed like that

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

CODChimera posted:

what the gently caress was that jumping business?

It’s what happens when a tribe that doesn’t ever lose and has no conflict desperately needs content for someone

Short term it means Moriah’s stock goes up a little, the way it was presented

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Jeff saying in the challenge "Might as well jump" after Ben referenced that very same Van Halen song seemed pretty scripted.

Would you expect any less from the former host of “Rock n Roll Jeopardy”?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Coach still top 5 character all time

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Cook Islands has this weird thing where people like it more because its standout characters came back and made big impressions later. Parvati in particular.

If you want an old rear end old season to watch in parallel, go for Borneo, Marquesas, or Pearl Islands.

A little more modern, go for Panama, China, or Tocantins (17 and onward are in HD).

Micronesia is a stupid funny season but half returnees may leave you going “I don’t know why these people are a big deal” and missing a lot of context.

If you want a season that doesn’t totally suck from after Jeff Probst became EP, try San Juan Del Sur, Kaoh Rong, or David Vs Goliath.

Folks will say “Cagayan” but that one has a lot of the same stuff you’ll see in the New Era so it won’t feel as different. Also I myself am kinda down on Cagayan but that’s just me

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

KingKapalone posted:

I mentioned we started watching this season after having not watched for decades. If we wanted to watch an old season in parallel, is there a well regarded top season list? Should we just use a random number generator? My wife wants to watch the season Parvati won because that one seems to be referenced a lot online and we watched The Traitors so that's an option too.

Yeah tbh mentioning The Traitors really tells me you should just watch Pearl Islands, but everything else i said is still true

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

KingKapalone posted:

Thanks for all the info. Starting to get a bit lost now with all the suggestions and having to consider seasons that lead into seasons haha. You all have good memories for all these details.

Once upon a time this show was incredibly memorable.

The good thing about starting really old is you don’t need to do homework. Pearl Islands is probably your best bet overall

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

They found Jantara, Cletus, and Pibb at the same Santa Monica bar on the same night

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Remembering back to when Jerri got booed off the stage at the All-Stars reunion for merely speaking some real-rear end truths about reality TV exploitation

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

wilderthanmild posted:

They are letting Yanu possibly get down to 2?

lol nah the RNG elements of the challenge prevented a total Yanu blowout

Gotta find the right key for the lock, oh wow look at that

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The Journey quiz is validating the “watch pearl islands” team

(And spoiling multiple prior seasons, fyi)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Really astute of Maria to

1. Immediately use the extra vote so it’s not folded over a million times and obviously different from the other votes
2. Vote for the same person twice, in different handwriting, and writing different iterations of the name
3. Use the vote to make a total of six votes, so the only people who absolutely know for a fact that anything was amiss are Ben and Maria

Pretty good!

mp5 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 28, 2024