Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I don't like Soda. Her snatching that idol - twice - was weird, as was 'well we had a connection but I don't think other people like you so I'm just not going to talk to you ever again' with Venus.

Everyone likes watching a good villain, or duplicitous gameplay or any of that good stuff but with this cast they're getting increasingly mean. The whole thing with Jess was pointless. You have the votes, what are you doing? It was doing too much only to make her embarrass herself despite her knowing that it wasn't a real idol from the jump. Icing out Venus and then using her reaction, no matter how minor, to justify why they were right to do it is lovely. Yes she made too big a deal of her foot getting run over, but it's directly tied to her being ignored by the people around her so of course she's going to be sensitive to it.

It sounds like Jess largely had a miserable time and it seems like it was because of her Tribe. I don't think the not eating and sleeping and all the rest of it helped, but kudos for her for being like I hate it here but I'm not going to quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I could have watched more of Q teaching Bhanu how to play Survivor each week. Then later on in Tribal when Kenzie said that he allowed himself to get played when he was on The Journey when in reality he couldn't wait to divulge everything about his tribe unprompted. I get why people were infuriated by him, but I'm going to steal these 20 moments someone posted on the subreddit just to remind ourselves of the gold he gave us.

quote:

I loved seeing his tribemates try to work with him and grow increasingly exasperated.

I loved seeing him fall to his knees and yell at God, while Kenzie had no idea how to react.

I loved seeing his strategy, which usually consisted of desperately begging every other player to give him an idol or spare his life.

I loved seeing him slowly losing his mind while making these bug-eyed yet vacant expressions as he struggled to grasp the concept of lying.

I loved his approach to Advantage Island, where he knew he was on the chopping block but was determined not to get an advantage, instead prioritizing keeping his vote so he could play the Shot in the Dark.

I loved seeing Q straightforwardly tell him he was a terrible player that he wanted to take to the end, and then Bhanu react happily because he was so desperate for a partner.

I loved him talking out loud nonstop, so that half of his "confessionals" were not planned sit-downs interviews but were instead him just rambling to the cameraman.

I loved the fact that Jelinsky was somehow not the biggest joke on the tribe.

I loved Bhanu's occasional use of the third person.

I loved his prayers being answered in the form of Randen being medevaced.

I loved the editors trying to convince the audience (and actually convincing some viewers!) that there was a real chance that Kenzie was going to go home before Randen's Medevac instead of Bhanu.

I loved Q immediately ditching that "plan" within 2 minutes of this episode's beginning because he became so fed up with Bhanu.

I love him having his highest emotional peak on Survivor as God spared his life in the game, only to immediately ruin it by running his mouth to Tiffany and Q for no reason whatsoever.

I loved Kenzie and Tiffany's facial expressions reacting to him.

I loved "Why is he here? He could have just gone camping" and "If you want to win a million hearts, go volunteer."

I loved Ben of all people calling Bhanu's "million hearts" line corny.

I loved his self-pitying attitude becoming contagious and causing Q to temporarily ask to be voted out.

I loved to see his three tribemates openly and loudly voice their frustrations with him as they confirmed their plan to vote him out, while he stood 25 feet away in the bushes listening.

I loved his "Be Kind" T-Shirt.

I loved him almost openly tell Jeff that they were going to vote out Jelinsky at the first tribal council.

I loved his paranoia growing so strong that he interrupted tribal council in order to openly go up to each of his tribemates individually to beg them to keep him- with the exception of Jess, who was not in his alliance.

I loved him passionately count out five on his fingers at tribal council (can't remember what but it was very passionate)

I loved him immediately picking up his bag and getting ready to grab his torch as soon as he received one vote from Jess.

I loved him saying "I feel like a fool" after he made himself look like a fool at Tribal Council.

I loved him showing a genuine non-quivering anger while yelling at Jen during the immunity challenge

I loved him comparing himself to Gandhi during the pre-challenge trash talk in Episode 2.

I loved how the editors knew there was no point in creating fake tension for his last tribal council, so instead of showing misleading strategy sessions, we got to witness Bhanu's last gasps of ineffectual begging.

I loved getting to watch as he went through through the five stages of grief, ultimately accepting his fate with dignity as he left the game knowing that while he did not win Survivor, he had won a million hearts.