Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BCC Vs EKFTR 31 52.54%
Orange vs Wayne 11 18.64%
Skye vs Stat 14 23.73%
Jericho vs Atlantis Jr. 3 5.08%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Ignoring that the hangman thing tonight was timed oddly, he should have known better than to pretend he had a foot injury while being able to get a boot on. That's just ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm imagining what Sting said to Darby (in kayfabe).

Sting: So you come down alone, the Bucks beat the poo poo out of you right?
Darby: Ok I'm in so far.
Sting: Then my big Titantron comes up when they're done beating the poo poo out of you. They'll rush up the ramp to intercept me but I'll COME DOWN BEHIND THEM FROM THE ROOF IN A HARNESS!
Darby: You had me up until 'In a harness' but we'll agree to disagree.

Or what Sting said to Tony to convince him to let him do it.

Tony; Sting. I know it's been 25 years but people still remember the whole...
Sting: It'll be super safe. I did it a bunch of times and it was fine because my boss wasn't actively trying to murder me. Seriously did you ever go over the details of that lawsuit?

And speaking of foot injuries: the story of Adam Cole's career.

Doctor: Adam. You have a broken ankle.
Adam: And how many weeks will that set me back?
Doctor: 8 months.
Adam: (holding back tears)...I said weeks
Doctor: I'm sorry Adam. Approximately 34 weeks.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I was kinda tired tonight and dozed off a little bit shot up when Sting came down

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Sir Tonk posted:

Ignoring that the hangman thing tonight was timed oddly, he should have known better than to pretend he had a foot injury while being able to get a boot on. That's just ridiculous.

Lol this is what my partner was yelling the whole time. When the crutch hit, she was like, "called it". I'm glad she watches wrestling now. :swoon:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think Sting should win and be a legendary figure who appears occasionally for plot reasons like Undertaker should have been post streak

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BCC v FTR/Kingston ruuuuuuuled

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

That was a great episode and Sting coming down from the rafters is one of the greatest things they’ve ever done. Amazing visual and what a cool way to bring things full circle. Now I’m super interested in what Sting’s Revolution entrance will look like.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it’s unfortunate that batista couldn’t get cleared for meat madness but i have faith it’ll happen sometime next month

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rhonne posted:

I feel like this is not the first time I have heard about TK shooting on Time Cop.

Happened in Phoenix too:

Dango Bango posted:

Tony is talking to us about Timecop lmao

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i feel like that has happened before

:xd:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i am aware of at least 3 tk time cop promos

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

He's sowing the seeds for the long-awaited JCVD and RVD staredown

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

He's sowing the seeds for the long-awaited JCVD and RVD staredown

"I'M THE MUSCLE FROM BRUSSELS!"

"That's cool dude"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ChrisBTY posted:

Sting: Then my big Titantron comes up when they're done beating the poo poo out of you. They'll rush up the ramp to intercept me but I'll COME DOWN BEHIND THEM FROM THE ROOF IN A HARNESS!

Sting recreating Chocolate Drop. Complete with dice roll. https://youtu.be/bIOrMtQM834?si=HfAHMVqvbmto2Vu6

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love sting. And the universe has validated that for me. I was always right to be a little stinger

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My dad's been watching pro wrestling since the 70s, so he's seen Sting go from a young rookie to the top of the industry.

I've been watching wrestling since the mid 90s, so Sting's always been a big deal even when the rest of the show around him was complete poo poo.

My wife's only really been a wrestling fan since AEW started, so Sting's this legendary mentor figure that does crazy poo poo with his best friend, Darby.

All three of us will be watching Sunday, we'll probably get a little choked up when Sting officially retires. And all 3 of us marked out like crazy last night.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it’s unfortunate that batista couldn’t get cleared for meat madness but i have faith it’ll happen sometime next month

Batista vs Goldberg at Wembley Stadium >>>>>

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ThePariah posted:

Batista vs Goldberg at Wembley Stadium >>>>>

:pray:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Next week, in partnership with Warner Brothers Discovery, to support the release of Dune: Part Two, it will be “Big” Dave Batista entering into the Meat Madness match which has been leveled up to the Spice Madness match in AEW and we are so excited for the release of Dune: Part Two, and we can’t wait for next week when the Meat Madness match is leveled up to the Spice Madness match in AEW.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Wrestle without rhythm and you won't attract the worm

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

May your table (not) chip and shatter

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ChrisBTY posted:

“Yeah, I don’t know how else to confirm whether or not Ric is gonna turn on you again, but we should definitely figure it out before Sunday.”

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Arrakis match and the ring has a hole with rotating knives that the wrestlers can fall into

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Wrestle without rhythm and you won't attract the worm

This is scotty 2 hotty exclusion and I won't stand for it

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
I hate being a loving buzzkill, but I really hope TK cleared the rafters spot with Owen Hart's family first because I haven't seen Sting do that spot since Owen's death. I know it's Sting's retirement weekend, but I feel kinda iffy about that spot.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Technowrite posted:

I hate being a loving buzzkill, but I really hope TK cleared the rafters spot with Owen Hart's family first because I haven't seen Sting do that spot since Owen's death. I know it's Sting's retirement weekend, but I feel kinda iffy about that spot.

I don't know how much you know about the differences between the two instances. Sting and WCW used a full stunt crew. If you go back and watch you can see he is harnesed to hell and takes a long time to get out of the harness sometimes. On the flip side Vince decided to go with a quick release for Owen because he wanted to do a stunt where he got stuck and then fell the rest of the way to the ring because it would be funny. Quick releases are not made to do that especially from that height. Vince threatened to fire Owen if he didn't do it the way he wanted and caused his death from extreme negligence.

From what I know of Sting in WCW and what it looked like last night, Sting was never in the same kind of danger because he didn't work for a murderer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Technowrite posted:

Sting has done it since Owen died, he did it in TNA. It's completely safe if you aren't cutting corners and putting a man's life at risk like Vince McMahon did.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I feel pretty confident that Tony paid the extra two hundred bucks for the harness meant for humans and not boats.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Technowrite posted:

wcw always did it much safer with several redundant harnesses (if you rewatch you can see sting taking forever undoing them all before he can start brawling). Owen was connected in one place with something that want even meant to support his weight.

Wrestling isn't the only performance art where those get used. WWE just did it as cheaply and negligently as possible.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
I stand corrected and better informed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

neoaxd posted:

This is scotty 2 hotty exclusion and I won't stand for it

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Sting recreating Chocolate Drop. Complete with dice roll. https://youtu.be/bIOrMtQM834?si=HfAHMVqvbmto2Vu6

HOLY poo poo. I forgot about chocolate drop, and I didn't know that was the NL guys. I only started watching them a few years ago.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Technowrite posted:

as usual the answer is Vince McMahon is a terrible human being and boss.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

HOLY poo poo. I forgot about chocolate drop, and I didn't know that was the NL guys. I only started watching them a few years ago.

I watched that stream live :allears: I wasn't a regular stream watcher in general but I was big in a community that loved to break the WWE games into tiny pieces and just happened to jump in on that broadcast just before it happened. It cannot be overstated how funny it all was in the moment.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Technowrite posted:

I mean it's still fine if you personally find it uncomfortable to watch, but it's not a high-risk stunt under normal circumstances where the decision makers value the lives of their performers. There's a lot of details about the owen incident out there from the investigation that was done, and red flags were all over the place.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Arrakis match and the ring has a hole with rotating knives that the wrestlers can fall into

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcN91PsQcms

I wish the Maple Leaf Rag version was still on YouTube

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

good show!

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Technowrite posted:

I know you were asking this in good faith but I'm reminded of when the drones were feigning concern over how Martha felt when Darby did a Swanton Bomb off a ladder on Jeff Hardy during the Owen Hart Cup.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I know you were asking this in good faith but I'm reminded of when the drones were feigning concern over how Martha felt when Darby did a Swanton Bomb off a ladder on Jeff Hardy during the Owen Hart Cup.

This was an incredibly stupid spot then and now. We were right to question it on its face because of how boldly dumb it was.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

This was an incredibly stupid spot then and now. We were right to question it on its face because of how boldly dumb it was.

Nah it ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Pylons posted:

Nah it ruled.

I did not enjoy it.

I did enjoy last nights show on the whole. Hangman is my fave.