Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: That Little Demon)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I don’t remember Italian job being so boring to play at first. Maybe I remember it being better because I couldn’t afford a PS2 yet lol. Sorry man

I suspect I’ve probably lost my suggestion privileges at this point but nonetheless I am going to suggest either Team Buddies or Vib Ribbon. I remember playing team buddies on a demo disc and thinking it would be a good rental

E: or if you want to play something that I know is actually good, neversoft Spider-Man kicked rear end

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Polaron posted:

Seconding Colony Wars and also suggesting Psygnosis's other scifi series, G Police. I have fond memories of both series (especially CW1 and it's We-Have-James-Earl-Jones-At-Home narrator)

Psyggie put out a stupid number of games back in the PS1 era, and G Police was definitely another great one. OP, when it comes to stuff with multiple entries in a series like say Wipeout, do you plan to just do them as they happen to come up or play them back to back and see how they directly compare?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Hey all, I played most of your requests, will post the vods soon

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
current ranking

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Ms Adequate posted:

Psyggie put out a stupid number of games back in the PS1 era, and G Police was definitely another great one. OP, when it comes to stuff with multiple entries in a series like say Wipeout, do you plan to just do them as they happen to come up or play them back to back and see how they directly compare?

I'm just playing all 4000+ PSX games as I get them randomly or as they are suggested, so not chronologically or anything. I'll try and rank them based on each of their merits

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
here are the vids I missed posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGulc5yQbpI&t=2508s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0QZMjg6uuk&t=1261s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqMN7agsmvQ&t=4431s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpBI6XQHYFk&t=5189s

Taking more suggestions as well, 4070~ games to go

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ehrgeiz god bless the ring

Crisis beat - this one I actually enjoyed when I was younger

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

ilmucche posted:

Ehrgeiz god bless the ring

Crisis beat - this one I actually enjoyed when I was younger

will do, I never heard of Crisis Beat

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon streaming tonight, episode 11, Starting with Ehrgeiz

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Episode 10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g5XIS9q4ew

Current ranking:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
also I'm keeping the OP updated with what games are on what episode

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
working with my buddy on some more dynamic youtube thumbnails I'll post in the OP with the video links as they get made

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I forgot how to link a picture that sends you somewhere in BB code.... ffs

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

every game you rank higher than ape escape makes me angrier and angrier

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

SirSamVimes posted:

Some poor bastard out there absolutely loves Po'ed and every update OP makes is agony

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

SirSamVimes posted:

You have to trust the science here

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Ms Adequate posted:

Some poor bastard out there absolutely loves Po'ed and every update OP makes is agony

If there is anyone like that out there, I'd like to meet them, and make sure they are in prison for life lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I vividly remember going to blockbuster as a child in beautiful Apple Valley, Minnesota and seeing PO’ed on the shelf in a giant bulky case that did not match the later cdrom cases. I recall thinking that it was pronounced like toad because I am moron, haha. Good times in childhood

Do you like platformers? If so I suggest you try Tomba or Klonoa depending on whether you are more in the mood for a cute boy or a rowdy boy. And again I raise the specter of Neversoft Spider-Man, but I must request you play on What If mode.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I vividly remember going to blockbuster as a child in beautiful Apple Valley, Minnesota and seeing PO’ed on the shelf in a giant bulky case that did not match the later cdrom cases. I recall thinking that it was pronounced like toad because I am moron, haha. Good times in childhood

Do you like platformers? If so I suggest you try Tomba or Klonoa depending on whether you are more in the mood for a cute boy or a rowdy boy. And again I raise the specter of Neversoft Spider-Man, but I must request you play on What If mode.

lol okay. I played Tomba 2 before and it didn't click, but I remember loving Klonoa. I'll check all of these out in the next ep

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I don't know how anyone could look at this and want to buy / rent it at all

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted:

I remember loving Klonoa.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmfao it was a good series compared to like... Jersey Devil dude

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Oh man, jersey devil. Good poo poo

I guess most of the psx/n64 era 3D platformers really don’t hold up now, I remember really liking both Croc games but I feel like they are probably both actually terrible

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Oh man, jersey devil. Good poo poo

I guess most of the psx/n64 era 3D platformers really don’t hold up now, I remember really liking both Croc games but I feel like they are probably both actually terrible

I have a feeling that Croc: Legend of the Gobbos will be bad, but we will see lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
It has RE style tank controls if I remember right which is certainly a weird choice for a platformer.

Good music though. The second game had an interesting corporate sell out way before that kind of thing was commonplace that even 11 year old Bizzy thought was completely asinine

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

It has RE style tank controls if I remember right which is certainly a weird choice for a platformer.

Good music though. The second game had an interesting corporate sell out way before that kind of thing was commonplace that even 11 year old Bizzy thought was completely asinine

I'm looking forward to seeing that haha, what was it..? Product placement?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Yes. For candy. Integrated into the gameplay no less

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Yes. For candy. Integrated into the gameplay no less

llol which candy? reminds me of the skittles tie in for that gamecube dragon RPG

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Gummy Savers

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmfao christ almighty, I need to see this

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I don't know how anyone could look at this and want to buy / rent it at all

Oh I absolutely saw that and wanted to rent it. And did rent it.

Hey the original Klonoa kicks rear end!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Ms Adequate posted:

Oh I absolutely saw that and wanted to rent it. And did rent it.

It's not your fault...

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
these title / thumbnail cards take me about 4 hours each in MS Paint, so I hope you all love them

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have a feeling that Croc: Legend of the Gobbos will be bad, but we will see lol

It had tank controls in a 3d platformer but on the other hand it had some pretty great music

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Peep the OP, whole lotta effort and time happening here folks

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

SirSamVimes posted:

It had tank controls in a 3d platformer but on the other hand it had some pretty great music

I really don't understand how "tank controls" would work in a mascot platformer lol

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
just saw this thread posted in the new threads thread: only watched the first video so far but the PSX was my family's 5th gen console responsible for a lot of my childhood memories, so I'm def game for this thread. Here's a buncha suggestions (both nostalgic for me and not):
the Monster Rancher series: a series of games where you can use CDs to generate monsters to fight; the first 2 games plus 2 spinoffs; Hop-A-Bout and Battle Card: Episode II (Episode I was a Game Boy game) were specifically were what came out on the PSX. The 2nd game in particular was one of my big childhood nostalgia games. Will probably take a bit of tinkering and lookup on how to shrine monsters if you're not doing original hardware.
Chicken Run: An actually decent licensed game, mostly focused on stealth
Goofy's Fun House: Hey I didn't say they were all going to be good games (though this one's more inoffensive than anything else). Notably lets you unlock some of the classic shorts to watched (compressed)
Mega Man 8 and X4-X6: you know who mega man is
Bug's Bunny: Lost in Time and Bugs & Taz: Time Busters: A pair of decent collectathon platformers based on the looney tunes.
Dragon Warrior Quest VII: the longest non-MMO jrpg in existence
Moon: Remix RPG Adventure: a quirky obtuse adventure game, the spiritual predecessor to Chulip and a spiritual ancestor to Chibi-Robo. Once japan only, it got an official english release a few years back on the Switch/PS4/Steam (the only change compared to what could be done on original hardware being that they remastered some of the music), which I'd say is the best way to play. Heavily recommend reading the manual. Also to tie it in with the list of games you've done already, one of the main guys was also contracted to co-write/co-game design Incredible Crisis.
Winky the Little Bear: ahaha what the gently caress is this, saw this title when looking up games developed by the Goofy's Fun House devs just now and figured I'd throw it in

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

I really don't understand how "tank controls" would work in a mascot platformer lol

Poorly

There are button combos you can do to make Croc do a 180 while standing still or running so it’s workable but a lot of the platforming is pretty rudimentary to account for it if I remember right

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

just saw this thread posted in the new threads thread: only watched the first video so far but the PSX was my family's 5th gen console responsible for a lot of my childhood memories, so I'm def game for this thread. Here's a buncha suggestions (both nostalgic for me and not):
the Monster Rancher series: a series of games where you can use CDs to generate monsters to fight; the first 2 games plus 2 spinoffs; Hop-A-Bout and Battle Card: Episode II (Episode I was a Game Boy game) were specifically were what came out on the PSX. The 2nd game in particular was one of my big childhood nostalgia games. Will probably take a bit of tinkering and lookup on how to shrine monsters if you're not doing original hardware.
Chicken Run: An actually decent licensed game, mostly focused on stealth
Goofy's Fun House: Hey I didn't say they were all going to be good games (though this one's more inoffensive than anything else). Notably lets you unlock some of the classic shorts to watched (compressed)
Mega Man 8 and X4-X6: you know who mega man is
Bug's Bunny: Lost in Time and Bugs & Taz: Time Busters: A pair of decent collectathon platformers based on the looney tunes.
Dragon Warrior Quest VII: the longest non-MMO jrpg in existence
Moon: Remix RPG Adventure: a quirky obtuse adventure game, the spiritual predecessor to Chulip and a spiritual ancestor to Chibi-Robo. Once japan only, it got an official english release a few years back on the Switch/PS4/Steam (the only change compared to what could be done on original hardware being that they remastered some of the music), which I'd say is the best way to play. Heavily recommend reading the manual. Also to tie it in with the list of games you've done already, one of the main guys was also contracted to co-write/co-game design Incredible Crisis.
Winky the Little Bear: ahaha what the gently caress is this, saw this title when looking up games developed by the Goofy's Fun House devs just now and figured I'd throw it in

Thank you for the suggestions, I will play them all, but I'm NOT looking forward to at least 4 of these hah a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
going live with Spider-Man

https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon