Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: That Little Demon)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Italian job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I don’t remember Italian job being so boring to play at first. Maybe I remember it being better because I couldn’t afford a PS2 yet lol. Sorry man

I suspect I’ve probably lost my suggestion privileges at this point but nonetheless I am going to suggest either Team Buddies or Vib Ribbon. I remember playing team buddies on a demo disc and thinking it would be a good rental

E: or if you want to play something that I know is actually good, neversoft Spider-Man kicked rear end

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 5, 2024

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I vividly remember going to blockbuster as a child in beautiful Apple Valley, Minnesota and seeing PO’ed on the shelf in a giant bulky case that did not match the later cdrom cases. I recall thinking that it was pronounced like toad because I am moron, haha. Good times in childhood

Do you like platformers? If so I suggest you try Tomba or Klonoa depending on whether you are more in the mood for a cute boy or a rowdy boy. And again I raise the specter of Neversoft Spider-Man, but I must request you play on What If mode.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Oh man, jersey devil. Good poo poo

I guess most of the psx/n64 era 3D platformers really don’t hold up now, I remember really liking both Croc games but I feel like they are probably both actually terrible

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It has RE style tank controls if I remember right which is certainly a weird choice for a platformer.

Good music though. The second game had an interesting corporate sell out way before that kind of thing was commonplace that even 11 year old Bizzy thought was completely asinine

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yes. For candy. Integrated into the gameplay no less

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Gummy Savers

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

That Little Demon posted:

I really don't understand how "tank controls" would work in a mascot platformer lol

Poorly

There are button combos you can do to make Croc do a 180 while standing still or running so it’s workable but a lot of the platforming is pretty rudimentary to account for it if I remember right

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Glad you liked Spider-Man. It is a little surprising how much effort the devs put into it, the amount of Easter eggs and poo poo is pretty wild.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A solemn request for the following games:

Crash Team Racing
Pepsiman

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
In crash team racing when you are drifting if you press the other shoulder button while that meter is green you get a boost. Not that that helps now but you know. For future reference

Game is super fun

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lol pepsiman is decidedly less awful than I was expecting. Good poo poo hombre.

Have you played Bushido Blade yet? I have heard it’s pretty unique for a fighting game of that era

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Jesus Christ. Is it bad that my assumption was the pedo devs probably put in an ending where you can romance them all.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Imagining the PC stammering “lights out….uhh…at 830…..children” while profusely sweating

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A few more suggestions for the bag of fun

Team Buddies
NFL Blitz
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Haven’t played blitz in at least 1K years but arcadey football games are always way more fun than the more simulation oriented ones like madden. Blitz and tecmo bowl slap rear end. If you are into that kind of thing there is a modern arcadey one called Legend Bowl that is pretty fun, it’s on switch and some of the other platforms presumably. Not as fun as those classic ones but not bad

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Oh and while I’m thinking about it, you should add Vib Ribbon to your list. If I am remembering right you could use cds back in the day to rip your own music into the game so I’m not sure how that work on an emulator but it’s definitely interesting conceptually regardless.

Also you should play Tron Bonne

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That screen pass you took to the house against the bum rear end bears got me hyped up dog.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
In the interest of suggesting more kiddy stuff that you will hate, I’ll suggest a brief round of Threads of Fate. I rented this game like three times as a kid, it was the first RPG I ever played. It is very suitable for being somebody’s first rpg ever lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Perhaps eventually I will think of all of these at the same time instead of making multiple posts. Whatever. You should play syphon filter, I remember the PSP version being really fun. You should also play one of the Hot Shots Golf games. Not sure how many are on PSX but I’m sure they’re all basically the same

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The character models in hot shots are viscerally upsetting lol. Thanks for the great vids

It is good that you chose to play as Mint in threads of fate, if I remember right all the lighthearted goofs and fun are in her side of the game

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A humble request that the following games be added to the queue:

Worms Armageddon
MDK
Monkey Hero

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I think the city mission that you died on in Megaman was the exact moment I gave up as a child. What a weird and cool game that was though.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING GAMES

HARVEST MOON: BACK TO NATURE
SPYRO 2
CRASH BASH

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If you ever do a ps2 version of this thread I’m gonna freak out if you don’t do Mr. Mosquito. One of my all time favorite demo disc classics lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Top three PS2 games are Ico, Rez, and Katamari Damacy. No need to play the rest tbh

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I just picked the three that would best fit my short attention span for video games these days.

I actually think burnout 3 is probably the best ps2 game all things considered and probably the best car game ever made. Metal gear 3 is top 5 for sure though.

I have been wanting to play some katamari but none of the sequels really hit the right itch for some reason

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
God why do they make pinobees head do that

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
He looks like a generic sonic badnik had a baby with megaman. I hate him

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It looks like a game boy advance game. Which I guess it eventually was. But still. That looks worse than sonic 3 and that came out in like 1993 or some poo poo!

Up yours pinobee! gently caress you!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Not the big worms fan I take it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

don't forget mortal kombat mytholgies: sub zero

A suggestion so bad he got probed. drat

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Worms is fun. It’s definitely better in multiplayer

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I remember playing worms for the first time on psx as a like…eleven year old and thinking it was a little unwieldy but generally fun. It definitely takes a bit of a time investment to get good at it (mostly to figure out the ninja rope that lets you grapple around) but once you are good at that it’s insanely fun IMO. Imagine it is a lot better on PC though

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Shitmon, digivolve to……

Shartmon!!

IMO

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Only was able to watch a minute but Omega Boost looks super fun. Maybe the formula would kind of run dry after a little bit like starfox and other games of that ilk? At any rate it looks awesome for a psx game.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I knew harvest moon had a bit of a tinker toys fisher price vibe about it but god it looks so much worse than I remember lol. The pre-rendered stuff is ok at least.

I loved that game so much as a kid, but it has not aged well in any sense. Sorry dog

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Cambria Bold posted:

Stardew Valley has spoiled us all tbh. It's hard going back to Harvest Moon after tasting nirvana.

Ain’t that the truth

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’ll put it this way you already played arguably the most mechanically fun crash game already. Crash bash is like if Mario party had seven slightly more in depth mini games instead of a hundred dogs. It’s pretty bad.

Gonna have to insist you play as whichever character you think looks stupidest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Sorry if any of these very good suggestions are repeats.

Army Men 3D (lol)
Loaded
Frogger 2: Swampys Revenge
Soul Edge