Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: That Little Demon)

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
just saw this thread posted in the new threads thread: only watched the first video so far but the PSX was my family's 5th gen console responsible for a lot of my childhood memories, so I'm def game for this thread. Here's a buncha suggestions (both nostalgic for me and not):
the Monster Rancher series: a series of games where you can use CDs to generate monsters to fight; the first 2 games plus 2 spinoffs; Hop-A-Bout and Battle Card: Episode II (Episode I was a Game Boy game) were specifically were what came out on the PSX. The 2nd game in particular was one of my big childhood nostalgia games. Will probably take a bit of tinkering and lookup on how to shrine monsters if you're not doing original hardware.
Chicken Run: An actually decent licensed game, mostly focused on stealth
Goofy's Fun House: Hey I didn't say they were all going to be good games (though this one's more inoffensive than anything else). Notably lets you unlock some of the classic shorts to watched (compressed)
Mega Man 8 and X4-X6: you know who mega man is
Bug's Bunny: Lost in Time and Bugs & Taz: Time Busters: A pair of decent collectathon platformers based on the looney tunes.
Dragon Warrior Quest VII: the longest non-MMO jrpg in existence
Moon: Remix RPG Adventure: a quirky obtuse adventure game, the spiritual predecessor to Chulip and a spiritual ancestor to Chibi-Robo. Once japan only, it got an official english release a few years back on the Switch/PS4/Steam (the only change compared to what could be done on original hardware being that they remastered some of the music), which I'd say is the best way to play. Heavily recommend reading the manual. Also to tie it in with the list of games you've done already, one of the main guys was also contracted to co-write/co-game design Incredible Crisis.
Winky the Little Bear: ahaha what the gently caress is this, saw this title when looking up games developed by the Goofy's Fun House devs just now and figured I'd throw it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

That Little Demon posted:

Going live and completing most of these requests

https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

oh wow I thought these were like going into a backlog for later, not done shortly after I suggested them (not that I mind)

edit: skimming through the twitch vod (I haven't caught up yet with the series yet) and lol Goofy's Fun House is worse than I remember, 0 regrets suggesting it

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 10, 2024

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

throwing out some more childhood nostalgia with Rayman 1, Monster Rancher 2, and Mega Man X4

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

speaking of ps1 games published by Enix (though Atlus would publish the American release), you can throw in Eggs of Steel: Charlie's Eggcellent Adventure onto the list

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

He's comin' for ya

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

just play the bad PAL only ps2 games

Winky the Little Bear did also get a PS2 release...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

ended up falling off the thread when I realized I was never gonna catch up but remembered it just now and decided to throw some more games into the fire:
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 1 and 2: never played these games but saw you played one of the Torneko Mystery Dungeon games. Notably while they are official Mystery Dungeon games, they were not handled by the main Mystery Dungeon devs (Chunsoft), but rather by Square themselves
Megaman X3: did ya know this got a japan/europe-only psx port?
Klaymen Gun Hockey